Tropico Reloaded- $4.99

Ive never heard of impulse driven. What kind of DRM do they have. Do they care if I install it on both my laptop and my PC?

[quote name='Glen4321']Ive never heard of impulse driven. What kind of DRM do they have. Do they care if I install it on both my laptop and my PC?[/QUOTE]

You may know them as Stardock (the guys that did Galactic Civilizations 2 and Demigod). It's their digital distribution platform.

As far as DRM it's up to the game itself whether or not it has DRM. Typically impulse will list it on the page itself if there is a DRM system in place.

Impulse games only need to be downloaded with their client. You can launch without the client running.

Thanks for posting this deal. I decided to purchase it considering its low price. I got impulse downloaded now and I can play tropico 1 but not tropico 2. Can someone help me out?

[quote name='gx5ilver']You may know them as Stardock (the guys that did Galactic Civilizations 2 and Demigod). It's their digital distribution platform.

As far as DRM it's up to the game itself whether or not it has DRM. Typically impulse will list it on the page itself if there is a DRM system in place.

Impulse games only need to be downloaded with their client. You can launch without the client running.[/QUOTE]

So far as I know the DRM is essentially exactly the same type of deal as Steam. You don't need the client running (unlike Steam), but you still do need the client to activate it, which is the main issue with Steam (if you just needed Steam running, but it didn't actually activate, there wouldn't be an issue, in other words).

Just a heads up for anyone who cares, GOG.com just started selling this same package, but it's "full price" at $9.99 right now.

(I'll admit to getting in on some of these cheap Steam deals. For the prices on some of 'em, it's no more expensive than renting, so...)

Nice! I've got a physical copy of Tropico 1, but it's nigh impossible to find the expansion or the sequel. Hopefully the third one gets a discount sometime too!

bread's done
Back