Alone in the Dark: Inferno (PS3/360/Wii) $9.99 NEW @ Gamestop

I heard the 360 version is pretty bad compared to PS3.. anyone have any info on that? If not I'd pick it up for $10

I picked this up for $10 what seems like forever ago. Friends enjoyed it, but I haven't gotten that far into my backlog yet.

It's not too terrible of a game. One you'll forget about after you've beat it tho. The driving is pretty bad as well but fvor 10 bucks it's worth the play.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I heard the 360 version is pretty bad compared to PS3.. anyone have any info on that? If not I'd pick it up for $10[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is definitely the better one, it came out around 1/2 year later and fixed a shit ton of problems that the 360 version had. People say that the PS3 version is the most bearable, but overall it's still pretty bad. I might get the PS3 version, but i figure i can wait another $5.

The 360 was supposed to get a patch adding everything that they added to the PS3 "Inferno" version, but Atari deemed it "not economically feasible" to support the poor chumps who made the mistake of buying their half-baked beta.

Aren't they out of business now? I hope so. What a terrible company.

The Inferno subtitle only applies to the PS3 version which has additional features and a new camera, that one should be the better version of the game. Not a bad game for $10.

[quote name='nightmare452']The Inferno subtitle only applies to the PS3 version which has additional features and a new camera, that one should be the better version of the game.[/QUOTE]
This.

I picked this up used for $17.99 on the PS3 for the allegedly better quality. However, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes having to dodge some flaming stuff on the side of a building b/c the camera and controls are horrible. But for $10 and a little patience, it might not be a bad deal...

The PS3 version is by far superior, i played and loved the first one on the 360...then i picked up the PS3 version and was stunned by how much they changed.

I think this game got a bad rap, i loved the "scene" type missions in it, and the music was fantastic. Lots of innovative stuff, specially the inventory system.

Bottom line: 10 dollars is a steal, and the PS3 version is the one to go with def. But if the 360 is all you have, its still fun and enjoyable imo.

This is easily the worst game I have ever completed. Don't waste your time or money.

It seems like at some point in development someone had an idea of making a really interesting game but what made it into the final release is narrative and technical mess. And I played it on PS3, I don't even want to imagine how terrible it must be on 360 if it's worse than the complete trash I played.

I really enjoyed this game i got it from gamefly for 3.99 about 2 months ago in a sale they had. If you like to burn things you will love it lol i swear an arsonist made this game or something.

360 version is $9.99 at Newegg also. I am debating the PS3 version... I've played most of the old PC AITD games and enjoyed them, how bad can this be?

I had the 360 version while the game is supposely buggy on all systems the game was amazing if you ask me. It felt like a real world. Sure theres some big bugs in the game but i never had the game freeze or anything just some weird glicths in game. The game looks great and the story i thought was very intresting. More of a horror game then RE5 was if you ask me.

Be sure to get it at Newegg its new there.

I picked up the 360 version awhile back for $10. Played a bunch of it, but never beat it. It's not great, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Worth it for $10 IMO, but no more.

Game is decent. Gets a bad rap, there are much worse survival horror games out there. Get this and BE THE F*CKING UNIVERSE

I'm currently playing this game and enjoying (as long as I think about it as an adventure game). However the combat mechanics are really awful, though bearable once you get used to them. It has some really interesting puzzles with the game mechanics (fire, combining items, etc) and as someone else mentioned, there is some 'scene' gameplay which makes for tense and interesting gameplay

And for trophy collectors: Most trophies can be obtained just by going over the story, only one or two will require some grinding/backtracking to get

[quote name='token2k6']I picked this up used for $17.99 on the PS3 for the allegedly better quality. However, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes having to dodge some flaming stuff on the side of a building b/c the camera and controls are horrible. But for $10 and a little patience, it might not be a bad deal...[/QUOTE]

i agree. controls are horrible. i tried playing through this game at least 4 chapters into it, never got used to the controls. the whole third/first person doesn't work for me. i bought this for 9.99 a while back, and i'd say definitely not worth the money. just my opinion :)

[quote name='Xenokai']I had the 360 version while the game is supposely buggy on all systems the game was amazing if you ask me. It felt like a real world. Sure theres some big bugs in the game but i never had the game freeze or anything just some weird glicths in game. The game looks great and the story i thought was very intresting. More of a horror game then RE5 was if you ask me.

Be sure to get it at Newegg its new there.[/QUOTE]

That's not fair to "compare" to RE5. RE5 was more of an "experimental" game of the franchise. It was more of a co-op/survival then horror game.

This game is not worth playing. You will be frustrated beyond all hell. Even for a cheap ass title, it's not worth it. Tons of great ideas, but not one of them executed properly.

Rented this from GF and actually enjoyed it. Wouldn't be worth the full retail price of a game, but I could see survival horror fans getting $10 worth of fun out of it.

I'm surprised to see such a lack of disgust with this game. Most reviews for the game have been absolutely horrible.

But hey, I'm with the majority of you guys. I actually found the game to be decent and well worth $10.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the game on 360 when I played it. Not a great game, but certainly fun enough to see through to the end. For $10 you could do a lot worse

I was like "Hmm, $10 for this isn't half bad, I guess...", but then I remembered I already own this. I bought it from Hollywood Video for $5 and threw it in the backlog pile, then forgot about it. Backlogs are evil, I tell you...evil! #-o

[quote name='Camwi']I'm surprised to see such a lack of disgust with this game. Most reviews for the game have been absolutely horrible.

But hey, I'm with the majority of you guys. I actually found the game to be decent and well worth $10.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the reviews, I think, were pretty fair. Lots of 6's/60's/D's/whatever. I remember when it came out, and everyone was saying how it was getting destroyed, which turned me off from even adding it to my GF queue. Then, I actually looked at the reviews, and some were not too bad. It's definitely an average game at best, and it's buggy as shit, complicating things even further. God, driving cars is beyond insane. But yeah, like I said before, I'm with you. It has $10 worth of entertainment.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A lot of the reviews, I think, were pretty fair. Lots of 6's/60's/D's/whatever. It's definitely a below average game, and it's buggy as shit. God, driving cars is beyond insane. But yeah, like I said before, I'm with you. It has $10 worth of entertainment.[/QUOTE]

You should just borrow it.

Oh God. Thanks for the wonderful memories. I managed to get 1000 in this one, and burning the roots was a royal pain in the ass.

I somehow had Super Jesus watching over me as I got that driving in first person mode achivement on my second try, yet driving in third person took me like 40+ attempts to get by that part.

Honestly would have been a great game if they spent more time on fixing controls. The button combinations were brutal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwbSniOqcY&feature=related

I don't have your stone!

bread's done
Back