Toys R Us Phantasy Star/Resistance Retribtion PSP 14.99 2 Days Only

With shipping resistance retribution is $19.97 + tax. Not bad at all. I'd assume it's the same for Phantasy Star, didn't bother to check. :lol:

Gotta eventually get around to buying Resistance. Big fan of the series. I know TRU and their website are separate entities, so does anyone know the in-store price?

In store? Awesome. I kind of wish it was Phantasy Star 0 instead of Portable, but that's a great price.

I played a friend's copy of Resistance Retribution for a while but not enough to be able to gauge how good a transfer of the Resistance console experience it was. Anyone have input?

Is TRU still linked to amazon at all? I assume not. I have prime so itd be nice not to have to pay for shipping.. Closest TRU is 35 mins away so id prefer not to waste the gas money plus tax ugh.

Guess they are not. I wish Amazon would price match it. Id be game with prime.. 2 day free shipping, no tax. Itd be another insane deal for a top PSP game (got Dissidia for $15 through amazon a couple days ago)

i think i picked up Phantasy Star Portable: off gamestop a year or two ago (whever their dollar days sale was for i think 19.99 or was this game 9.99)

still sealed LOL

if amazon would PM would pick up resistance ..though im going right past a TRU tomorrow might stop and see

game is only worth 600 goozex pts (30 cash) not worth it to flip (be close to 20 after tax and shipping maybe even 22)

[quote name='slidecage']i think i picked up Phantasy Star Portable: off gamestop a year or two ago (whever their dollar days sale was for i think 19.99 or was this game 9.99)
[/QUOTE]

The game just came out in March this year, how were you able to get it a year or two ago?:lol:

[quote name='newlu']The game just came out in March this year, how were you able to get it a year or two ago?:lol:[/QUOTE]

Maybe he has a Delorean. :cool:;)

[quote name='fwbweux']In store? Awesome. I kind of wish it was Phantasy Star 0 instead of Portable, but that's a great price.

I played a friend's copy of Resistance Retribution for a while but not enough to be able to gauge how good a transfer of the Resistance console experience it was. Anyone have input?[/QUOTE]

Retribution's single player was much better then Resistance 2's single player. It puts it to shame. Also, some portions of it are quite challenging.

Be aware as well with the release of Adhoc Party for the PS3 that there are more people breaking out Phantasy Star Portable to play multiplayer. There should be some carryover to Phantasy Star Portable 2 when it is eventually released here in the US as well....

Phantasy Star Portable is really good and super worth it at that price. It's pretty much the game I'm most angry about not being available for the GO and the sequel is my most anticipated PSP game by far (other than maybe P3Portable).

Does anyone know if you can still bring used games into TRU for a gift card? I have a bunch of old games I dont play anymore (some old sport games that have decent value at tru) so just curious. I got 4 games that i have not played in forever tru shows the trade in value online as $35.. So I could pay for both games without spending more $ lol.. I mean I got the $ but I have been blowing too much.

[quote name='Tsukento']Phantasy Star Portable is weak compared to PSP2 and Phantasy Star Zero.[/QUOTE]

PSP2 wont be out for months if it all and PS0 is on a different system and is more different than better. It better captures the feel of the original PSO and has online play without needing a ps3; but the graphics/camera/controls/available pallets blow. Only being able to map 6 actions/items is nearly inexcusable as is any reasonable way of weapon switching.

That's kinda like saying dont buy Halo 3 cheap because Halo Reach and Uncharted 2 are better.

[quote name='vesp']PSP2 wont be out for months if it all and PS0 is on a different system and is more different than better. It better captures the feel of the original PSO and has online play without needing a ps3; but the graphics/camera/controls/available pallets blow. Only being able to map 6 actions/items is nearly inexcusable as is any reasonable way of weapon switching.

That's kinda like saying dont buy Halo 3 cheap because Halo Reach and Uncharted 2 are better.[/QUOTE]

Original PSO called. It wants its control scheme back. It was always only 6 mappable actions.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Gotta eventually get around to buying Resistance. Big fan of the series. I know TRU and their website are separate entities, so does anyone know the in-store price?[/QUOTE]

The PSP version is worth it, IMHO. The campaign is super long, the gameplay is quite good, and it even has online multiplayer with voice chat.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wish this was an Amazon sale... Good price for Phantasy Star but shipping and tax kind of kills it for me.[/QUOTE]

To alleviate the shipping just go to your local TRU to pick it up - it's the same price there.

I just picked up both. I traded in 4 old games I have not played in over a year (2 of them its been 2 years) I got $33 trade in so I did not have to pay for them at all. Great deal :)

Awesome! In for both!

I'll have to swing over to TRU tonight and see if they have them both at that price.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Original PSO called. It wants its control scheme back. It was always only 6 mappable actions.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this. People have gotten to adjusted to having PSO Blue Burst giving them a crap load of mappings to use.

The very reason I suggest PS0 and PSP2 are simply because PSP tries being PSU in a portable format and really, PSU was just awful. PSP2 currently has a demo available and it has been confirmed that once the game's out, you can transfer your character data to the retail version. Plus it's trying to incorporate more of PSO into it.

"PSP2 is already out in Japan! And it's not PSP GO!" Say something like that to an unsuspecting friend, and they'll think it's hardware PSP that got a new release. Then you tell them it's the awesome game called Phantasy Star Portable 2 that just got released in Japan.

P.S. I love PSP (and all Phantasy Star games, especially after PSO), so I'm hoping PSP2 gets a state-side release soon...

Yay, I've been looking to get into the Phantasy Star series relatively cheaply. Got a $30 dollar gift card to burn and those two games look good for exactly that.

Some employees are so annoying.
I said "i'll take Phantasy Star .. on sale for 15 bucks."
... and the guy is like "...its $40..not $15.."
So i'm like "ok, you can ring it up, it will be 15 as it says online."
... "we don't price match from the website, you sure you still want it."
finally... "ok, i change my mind, give me an extra one for my gf..."
He looks at me like wtf?
Finally rings it up and he has a surprised look on his face... I hand him a $5 coupon and a gift card and walk out with 2 copies for free.

Long week at work and good start to the weekend, thanks TRU.

[quote name='eastx']I love Phantasy Star Portable. Awesome price.[/QUOTE]
QFT. Ad Hoc Party coming out makes this a no-brainer if you like action RPGs.

I would love to see a game with PSU's combat and class/skill mechanics but with PSO's visual style. Mostly because I always liked the look and music of PSO, but PSU is better gameplay wise hands down.

Saw this thread 5 minutes before I left the house this morning, and swung by TRU when the opened and picked up PSP, thanks for the heads up OP.

Also yes, PSU/PSP is NOT as good as PSO, but the PSU expansion fixed a lot of the stuff that was broken about PSU, and then PSP further eliminated even more BS from the couple hours I played of it a while back. It's still not AS good as PSO, but it gets damn close. I was actually really close to cracking on importing PSP2, but I figured picking this up for $15 will hopefully just tide me over until a US release of PSP2, or at least maybe for a little while and I can import PSP2 later or something.

Thanks OP -- grabbed both tonight. I was originally only going to get Phantasy Star Portable (haven't played a Phantasy Star game since Phantasy Star 4 on the Genesis, but what the hell), but then couldn't bring myself to pass up Resistance Retribution, even though I didn't care for Resistance 2 (I prefer third-person shooters over first-person, so hopefully this one will be more to my liking). Sterling, VA TRU still had several copies of both, if anyone in the area is looking for them.

The best part was that the salesperson got them out of the case with a $14.99 sale sign right in front of him, but still seemed shocked when they rang up for that price.

Phantasy Star ROCKS!!!! I have been beyond addicted to it for most of the day (outside of when I was at work, hanging with friends tonite..) AWSOMEEEEEEE GAME! (little buzzed lol..) But ya I am a level 17 hunter rite now hehe :) Awsome deal though! I am so happy i picked it up.

I can't believe that I'm thinking about picking up another PSP game... I'm still trying to beat Prinny!

Thanks op, now I just have to see if my local Toys r Us has Resistance Retribution in stock.

Good deal for Resistance. I tried the PSP demo for a bit and found it a little difficult to get in to. Not my type of game I guess. Too much talking before delving into the action. The PSP needs a Diablo/Torchlight clone STAT!!

I got Resistance...came out to ~$16 w/ tax. Didn't bother with PSP; I managed to snag that for 10 bucks at Meijer on Black Friday :)

Phantasy Star Portable is an EXCELLENT game. It's fun even with the stupid single player CPU AI. But if you have someone else to play with then it's a real blast. I think it captures the feel of the original PSO better than anything else that has been released.... even better than the PS Zero on DS.

bread's done
Back