Fallout 3: GOTY (PS3) $39.99 @ Amazon

metaphysicalstyles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
I just grabbed
iconps3.gif
Fallout 3: GotY Edition on Amazon for $39.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Gam..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259942076&sr=1-5

This is the second time they've dropped the price to $39.99 in the past week. Seems to be only a temporary drop... as the last time I tried to get it for $39.99, it was gone by the time I checked out.

[quote name='JaroldL']yeah, i think the price hasn't changed since bf?

or am i wrong?[/QUOTE]

Well... if you could find it in stock at Target I guess the price hadn't changed. As far as finding it on Amazon, it's been $50+ consistently all week.

This game has been fluctuating in price and in and out of stock on Target.com since Thanksgiving Day. I picked it up for $39.99 shortly after Thanksgiving when it came back in stock but its status changed frequently before and after then.

And yes, the $39.99 price point has been posted several times already, but I wouldn't have remembered to check if the game was back in stock if it wasn't for it getting posted more than once. So everyone quit bitching about multiple posts. It's not like you seeing a thread that you might remember from a couple of days ago does you any physical or emotional harm. Get over it.

Thanks for the post, OP.

[quote name='punkmaggit']If they fix all the glitches, maybe I"ll hop on it. From what I've heard the DLC is almost unplayable on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that some people have a lot of problems with the DLC and some people haven't had any, but I'm a HUGE Fallout 3 fan and have to at least try to play the DLC. I figured the DLC would play better if it was imprinted on a disc instead of downloading it from PSN, so I sprang for the GOTY edition when it was $39.99. Plus, I had several Target gift cards, so that helped! :lol:

[quote name='jubeininja69']why can't just amazon price match this already? :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Why would they do it - to compete against itself? Amazon is already getting the commission on every game Target sells through it's channel and as the lower price attracts sales, Amazon gets paid handsomely.

Sadly, this game isn't worth $10 on the PS3. Almost all ports that go to the PS3 WILL have glitches up the ass. You're better off getting it for the PC or 360, it sucks but it's true.

[quote name='netscorer']Why would they do it - to compete against itself? Amazon is already getting the commission on every game Target sells through it's channel and as the lower price attracts sales, Amazon gets paid handsomely.[/QUOTE]

amazon can lower its price to 39.99. the game comes out to $48 including tax and shipping for me.

[quote name='Dr Geo']Sadly, this game isn't worth $10 on the PS3. Almost all ports that go to the PS3 WILL have glitches up the ass. You're better off getting it for the PC or 360, it sucks but it's true.[/QUOTE]

i don't have a good pc to run it and i don't want a three-sixty.

i'll risk the bugs and wait for the eventual patch.

bread's done
Back