Left 4 Dead 2 Is it that good?

Necrosatanic

CAG Veteran
Alot of the people I know on Xbox Live have goten the demo, just like I have, and played with each other. I was wondering, is Left 4 Dead 2 really that good?
Also just a side note: $60 for a disc? I know people work hard for it, but DS barely put in effort. They get $35 for a piece of aluminum, plastic, and a little bit of ink. The console is expensive enough.

Did you play the first one? It's like that with different levels, different characters, more special zombies, and more weapons/items. Even with the changes, I felt like I was playing the same game except the Charger and Jockie kind of make things annoying.

At this point, I recommend getting the first one cheap and a year from now, L4D2 will be cheap too.

Unless you are really into multiplayer and need random people online at any time, you don't need the game when it's near the $60 mark.

The game is incredibly shallow.. what saves it is the online play. There's no plot to speak of, characters never level up.. it's just you, zombies, and a lot of guns.

It's actually pretty badass, but it's completely up to you as to whether it's worth $60 or not. Most places have it at $49.99, some at $39.99. Best Buy had it on Black Friday for $34.99, so I'm sure it won't stay at $60 for long.

[quote name='Scorch']The game is incredibly shallow.. what saves it is the online play. There's no plot to speak of, characters never level up.. it's just you, zombies, and a lot of guns.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this the multiplayer is he only thing going for it, if you don't have L4D just get L4D2, way more guns and the levels are better.

Yeah, for being a game with not much stuff into it, its really really fun and totally awesome.
but you should just try to get it for a lower price.....target has it for $39 bucks right now...unless the sale went off.

This game should retail for about 30 bux.

If you have friends that have it, go for it.

If not, I would shy away from it.

I don't feel it's worth full price but I just got it for 30 bucks off Craigslist and feel it was worth every penny. As mentioned previously it's best with friends and online is pretty much a requirement.

It's just like the first one. The campagins are probably 5-10 minutes longer if you play normal. The online portion is still kind of fucked up, there is some bad lag. On the other hand, scavenge mode is really fun. But I don't think the game is worth more than $30, it feels like an expansion of L4D1

bread's done
Back