5 dollar games at Five Below

[quote name='Nebenator']Please post this in the regional forums for NJ[/QUOTE]

Simmer down there bud. There are Five Belows in other places than New Jersey...including NoVa where you say you are from. If every time someone reported a YMMV they had to stick it in a regional forum nobody would ever see anything.

That being said...not a horrible price for Dark Sector all in all.

[quote name='kidu']Simmer down there bud. There are Five Belows in other places than New Jersey...including NoVa where you say you are from. If every time someone reported a YMMV they had to stick it in a regional forum nobody would ever see anything.

That being said...not a horrible price for Dark Sector all in all.[/QUOTE]
I understand, but 5&Below deals are extremely YMMV, and they rarely have deals or even sell games. If it were (almost) any other store, I wouldn't have posted ;)

There's a good chance the stock of video games at Five Below might be YMMV. I went a couple weeks ago and they also had a bunch of Zelda Wii lunch boxes - it also comes with two wii gloves for both the wii-mote and nunchuck, and a game-dvd wallet. These make great christmas presents for just $5.

I'd snatch up Dark Sector for 5 bucks any day. I'll be on the lookout being my residence in the Garden State :) Thanks for the heads up OP

[quote name='Nebenator']I understand, but 5&Below deals are extremely YMMV, and they rarely have deals or even sell games. If it were (almost) any other store, I wouldn't have posted ;)[/QUOTE]

lol rarely have deals??

everything is 5 bucks or below hahaha

plus they have a pretty decent collection of PC games a mine

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']lol rarely have deals??

everything is 5 bucks or below hahaha

plus they have a pretty decent collection of PC games a mine[/QUOTE]
That it their standard price, not an additional deal.
(my last post in this thread) :cold:

Non-YMMV game deals for PS2:
- Sega Superstars Tennis
- Sonic Riders Zero Gravity

Non-YMMV GAB titles:
- some flavor of Let's Ride (but not Dreamer)
- Shrek Carnival
- some Sponge Bob title

These were advertised in their BF flyers and can still be found at most stores.

[quote name='Nebenator']That it their standard price, not an additional deal.
(my last post in this thread) :cold:[/QUOTE]
GTFO of CAG

Dropped by the Fairfax Five Below while getting some groceries. They had a big Holiday poster out front with all of the games mentioned on it, and all of the games had 20+ copies behind the counter, including Dark Sector. Looks like a national Holiday promo with the games advertised.

[quote name='Squarehard']What the hell is a Five Below...[/QUOTE]

It's an East Coast store that sells surplus from other stores for $5 or less. I've found some pretty cool things like Fullmetal Alchemist figures for $1 and FF figures for $4.

[quote name='momouchi']It's an East Coast store that sells surplus from other stores for $5 or less. I've found some pretty cool things like Fullmetal Alchemist figures for $1 and FF figures for $4.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. So its like a Big Lots?

Dark Sector is in the weekly ad along with NCAA 07 and Space Chimps. Limit 2 per title per customer.
All three $5 each; all three for the 360.

[quote name='Nebenator']That it their standard price, not an additional deal.
(my last post in this thread) :cold:[/QUOTE]

So if Dollar General started selling Modern Warfare 2 for $1, that isn't a deal then right? Since that is their standard price, not an additional deal.

Moron.

[quote name='kidu']So if Dollar General started selling Modern Warfare 2 for $1, that isn't a deal then right? Since that is their standard price, not an additional deal.

Moron.[/QUOTE]
The fuck is wrong with the CAGs in this thread? I had a slip up and you and some CAG in Training call me out. And yes, it's a deal for us, because we value games normally at a higher price, BUT NOT THE STORE, because the store has all games at that price. There are multiple perspectives to a deal, just like there are multiple perspectives to a post. Most members post something like "thanks, OP" when they see a nice deal, but some scroll through the comments to find someone to disagree with.

dark sector is pretty much around $5-10 everywhere. hence people might say its not a deal, just a low price point. either way good too know just in case.

modern warfare 2 will be $1 when we are like in 2020, and then it wont be a deal cause it would probably be that price everywhere... if you can find it lol

Think of it like this; the name of the store technically should be Below Five. As in all items are below $5 dollars.

It's not a dollar store; it's a five dollar store...

We just got two in the area and I think they have some interesting stuff. Ours certainly are nice and neat and organized being so new.

There is actually a pretty decent thread in the Northeast regional forum dealing with Five Below and the games they have for sale there. The OP of this thread did bring to our attention some of the new $5 titles though (i.e. Dark Sector).

good stuff. picked up dark sector and some other stuff not related to video games. like a fuzzy jumping penguin. :)

4162144254_d056b2efd7_b.jpg

they got plenty of dark sectors. this is from the one in flemington NJ

[quote name='Lucky32468']Went to Five Below today in Bridgewater,NJ

Xbox 360

Dark Sector
NCAA March Madness 07
Space Chimps

Wii

Golden Compass[/QUOTE]
im in somerville and ive seen space chimps and compass for awhile now, dark sector=good pickup

The store by me has a TON of PC games, along with some shitty boxed GBA games. The only good PC game there though is Prince of Persia. No 360 games though :(

You can add FIFA Street for XBOX 360 to the list of games to potentially be found at Five Below. They also often stock books related to gaming and sports. We have several here in my state and I have found every Five Below to stock the same games, so I would not necessarily call this YMMV. Whether or not your state has Five Below stores in it certainly is, but people don't call Fry's deals "YMMV" and I have yet to ever see a Fry's store on the east coast.

On a side note, Space Chimps for XBOX 360 is a surprisingly good platformer, especially at $5. It's a shame few will ever try it due to a lame title and cover that makes it seem as if it is a crappy, cheap kids game.

Checked out my local Five Below in Gaithersburg, MD and saw most of these games as well. Don't remember seeing "Space Chimps" on Xbox360, but I wasn't looking out for it either. Walking down one of the isles I saw additional GameBoy games including a Yu-Gi-Oh! Dual Pack and one of the F-Zero games.

Off Topic: I found Sonic Riders to be entertaining enough (on Wii at least). I'd say worth the $5.

For those that are asking what Five Below is, it's a dollar/bargain closeout store that is marketed towards young people.

It's a pretty cool store because they have lots and lots of $5 DVDs and computer games, an awesome candy aisle, and some good deals on toys and action figures if you're into them. They even have stuff like closeout books, novelty magic tricks and jokes (the kind you used to find in comic book ads), cheap greeting cards and clothes like t-shirts, baseball caps and beach sandals.

Some things I've found there: LOTR Return of the King boxed edition for $5, DC Universe Infinite Heroes 3-packs for $5 and singles for $3, Justice League Heroes for the Xbox for $5, and a bunch of combo HD-DVDs including 300, Breakfast Club and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

The founders of Five Below started Zany Brainy, FYI.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Picked up Prince of Persia for the PC at 5$! How can a game that came out almost exactly one year ago be at 5$??? It had really good reviews! ....weird....

ive been in quite a few 5 below's in pa and nj and every store has had the same selection of games, so i dont think this is very YMMV at all.

the viewpoint of it not being a deal because its the normal price for the store is insane.. any person in the world will tell you they consider a deal based on the usual price of the item, not that of the stores that sell it. therefore, the fact that a new title has popped up on 5B shelves is very much a deal

[quote name='hellboypi']Think of it like this; the name of the store technically should be Below Five. As in all items are below $5 dollars.

It's not a dollar store; it's a five dollar store...

We just got two in the area and I think they have some interesting stuff. Ours certainly are nice and neat and organized being so new.[/QUOTE]

Its a freaking name.

[quote name='RoboPhish']Thanks for the heads up OP. Picked up Prince of Persia for the PC at 5$! How can a game that came out almost exactly one year ago be at 5$??? It had really good reviews! ....weird....[/QUOTE]

No copyright protection. And it sucked.

Five Below carries a regular stock of PC games and occasionally console games, $5 each. (Updates in red). Including...

PC Games

Civilization III Gold
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Pirates Caribbean at World's End
DQ Tycoon
My Sims
Hospital Tycoon
Nancy Drew Curse of Blackmoor Manor DVD game
Prince of Persia
Universe At War: Earth Assault
Jericho
SIM CITY SOCIETIES
F.E.A.R. PERSUS MANDATE
FRIENDS
IRON MAN
MONOPOLY HERE AND NOW
TORNADO JOCKEY
Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Settlers Rise of an Empire Gold
Lost Via Domus
The Club
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Operation Mania
The Shield
Turok
EndWar
Splinter Cell/Pandora Tomorrow jewel case
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Devil May Cry 4

Xbox 360
Space Chimps
Dark Sector
NCAA March Madness 07
FIFA Street

Xbox

Breakdown (backwards compatible)
True Crime NYC
Tony Hawks Underground 2
True Crime LA
Taito Legends

PS2

Extreme Dance Pad
Dancing With The Stars
Madden 08
NCAA 08
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sega Superstars Tennis
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Nintendo Wii
Golden Compass

GameBoy Advance

Tarzan Return to the Jungle
Drill Dozer
Spiderman 3
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Spyro the Dragon
The Incredibles
Spongebob Squarepants Krusty Krab
Spongebob Squarepants Atlantis Squarepantis
Paws & Claws: Dogs & Cats - Best Friends
Bratz Forever Diamondz
Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies
Let's Ride Friends Forever
Drake & Josh
Cars Mater-National
Bratz The Movie
Shrek Carnival
Golden Compass
Yu Gi Oh Double Pack 2

Nintendo DS
Boogie
Space Chimps

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Casteor']Its a freaking name.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, someone was asking for a description of the store and I gave my impression.
Next time I'll just give them a cheap shot to the knee and move on...:roll:

[quote name='kidu']So if Dollar General started selling Modern Warfare 2 for $1, that isn't a deal then right? Since that is their standard price, not an additional deal.

Moron.[/QUOTE]

chill with the name calling here, shit atleast no one has stolen all the ops hard work and copy and pasted this shit over on slickdeals for all the hoarders to see lol :bouncy:

Dark Sector isn't a great deal, and I think there are much better games to get for $5.00 on a sale (HWV sale comes to mind). Nothing great, and 5&Below looks to be a very regional type of deal (none in the west or south).

bread's done
Back