Missed games

L0sther0

CAGiversary!
I didn't look at any of these games when they came out. But after doing a little reading i feel that i have missed the boat are any of these games worth playing.

Conan
Kane and Lynch
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Dark Sector
Dead Space
The Bourne Conspiracy
Mercinaries 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Saints row 2
Star Ocean The last hope
Tomb Raider Underworld

I'm open to playing all game types.

[quote name='L0sther0']I didn't look at any of these games when they came out. But after doing a little reading i feel that i have missed the boat are any of these games worth playing.

Conan
Kane and Lynch
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Dark Sector
Dead Space
The Bourne Conspiracy
Mercinaries 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Saints row 2
Star Ocean The last hope
Tomb Raider Underworld

I'm open to playing all game types.[/QUOTE]
The bolded are good, with the exception of Dark Sector and Mercs 2 I haven't played them.

Mercs 2 should probably be avoided at all costs.. it is really shitty.

Dark Sector is more of something that you'll have to decide on yourself. I really didn't like it at all but I know lots of people that did.

I absolutely loved darkSector. Controlling his glaive was so cool.

I played it before I got my subscription to GameInformer and before I started really reading reviews and following the gaming industry.

After playing it I read a few reviews and saw that people hated this game. People ripped darkSector apart. Since then I take all reviews with a grain of salt.

The Bourne Conspiracy was actually better than I thought it would be. Was a fun rental, but I'm a big fan of the movies, so I might be biased. And Dead Space is just one of the best games from the last couple of years.

I want to play Dead spac, but im not sure if its to much horror genre for me. It looks great. I Have always like the resident evil games and on the original xbox i loved Run Like Hell. Ill give it a shot.

Im surprised that only one person recomended star ocean. I have never been one to play JRPGS but am really likeing Eternal Sonata and Infinate Undiscovery

Thanks for the help

OK I downloaded and played the Demo for dead space. I like the look of the game the sound is awesome but i can get the hang of the controls they just don't feel right. I have tried several different configurations. I have played may third and first person games and the controls don't match up with any thing

Did any one else have this problem if so have a solution

Saints Row 2 is great - IMO it was a lot more fun than GTAIV.

Star Ocean I enjoyed, but you might only if you like JRPGs.

yes all those listed are really good games, Dead Space however is a quality good game and I love horror but the unyielding tension mixed with the slow pacing in the game gets tiring quick and I got bored.. Also Don't forget F.E.A.R 1 and 2, FEAR 1 is most likely my Favorite FPS ever, beat in on pc twice and once on xbox (it was awesome how they tried to scare you then let you get in a somewhat typical firefight then scare you again)..

Considering most of those game can now be had for like $10-20, I think they are all worthwhile. There arent any real stinkers in there.

The demo for Conan was pretty decent. It's God of War clone, there's some cool moves and a lot of throwing guys into random pointy objects.

I also picked up Silent Hill Homecoming having never played a Silent Hill, and I'm not terribly far into it but I'm already a much larger fan than I ever was of Resident Evil. I like that the emphasis is on melee weapons rather than guns, as I'm terrible at conserving ammo. Plus, to me, it's much more satisfying beating things with lead pipes.

Silent Hill Homecoming
Saints Row 2
Dead Space
The Bourne Conspiracy
Mercinaries 2
Tomb Raider Underworld
Dark Sector

Those would be my suggestions. I liked them all. I put them in order I would play them.

Dead Space is the only game I have all the achievements for, because I just had to squeeze every last drop of fun from that game. The controls felt wrong to me too, initially, but when I restarted it again a few weeks later and gave the game an honest shot, I was hooked in. You do get the hang of it.

Dark Sector is really underrated in my opinion. Its not great, but there is something fun about its straight forward action. Its definitely worth the couple of bucks it sells for now, as its far from a rubbish game.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Skip Dark Sector. Still bitter buying it at full price.[/QUOTE]

Don't skip Dark Sector. I think it is $7 at Blockbuster. It is well worth that price. Wondering why you bought it at full price to begin with.

I liked Bourne Conspiracy. It is fun, but somewhat short. Like others I am biased as I was a huge fan of the films.

bread's done
Back