GameFly Daily Deals: FEAR 2, GFather2 (360/PS3) $10, Far Cry 2 (PS3) $13, Fable 2 $18

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R]GameFly is running daily deals this week on select used games that will also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Tonight's Deals:

:360: Fable 2 $17.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $9.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $12.99

New deals every night this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to pick up FEAR 2 as Gamefly gave me a $5 off coupon for being a new member but I want to sit on that in hopes of RE5 dropping down again....

[quote name='bardockkun']Expires Friday? Damn.[/QUOTE]
That's my error. Expires tomorrow.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']how long will gamefly be running these daily deals?[/QUOTE]
All week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='funkflexmctough']how long will gamefly be running these daily deals?[/QUOTE]

Until just before Christmas then after they will have their end of the year sale.

[quote name='lordopus99']how's fear 2?[/QUOTE]

They have a demo of it on the Xbox 360 if you want to try it out.

Fable 2 def a great game, not as good as Fallout 3 (imo).

If you've never played it, I would try out the demo before picking up Fable II.
I personally think the game was severely overrated and found myself bored after a couple of hours.

Fear 2 is definitely worth it at $10. The single player is actually really long(but good) and the multiplayer wasnt bad either.

[quote name='United_Korea']fable 2 worth buying? should i just gamefly it instead?[/QUOTE]

Buy it. One of my favorite games from this gen.
I Beat it 7 times....

In for 2 copies of Farcry 2, one for myself & one for a gift. BTW, FEAR 2 is a steal at that price IMO, I loved that game.

I bought Fear 2 for $20 or so a while ago (also from GameFly) and it was worth it at even that price. It's definitely good for $10.

How about Godfather 2? Worth it for $9.99? I'm downloading a review of it right now...

but is it better to get Fable 2 GH with the added premium knothole content for 29.99 or maybe cheaper somewhere else? thats what i was holding on for.

[quote name='pun123']but is it better to get Fable 2 GH with the added premium knothole content for 29.99 or maybe cheaper somewhere else? thats what i was holding on for.[/QUOTE]

It would be cheaper to buy this,
then pay to download knothole island....

[quote name='clarke32']Godfather 2 worth $10 bucks? Anyone play it?[/QUOTE]

If you cannot get enough of GTA IV, Saints Row 2, and Crackdown and need more open world crime games, then you should get it. Overall, it comes in last place compared to the above, but it does have unique features.

Your goal is to take over businesses so you can take over the city. There is money management to weigh the income vs guarding buildings. You also have constant side-kicks that you can direct them to help a business in danger while you are busy with something else. There is something about the world that feels dead compared to the other open world games when you drive around. In this game, I never felt like I would have fun messing around after I got back to the states.

[quote name='henry00x']is Fear 2 better for 360 or PS3? also Farcry any better on one system than the other?[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, I searched. I found a Eurogamer TV thing of Fear 2 (here it is if you're interested) and some GameTrailers thing for Far Cry 2, though it was before they released it. I'm not even close to good at pointing out stuff like screen tearing and all that stuff, so you'll have to look to see if there's anything huge. I guess PS3 REALLY close up had textures that looked a little blurrier, particularly when they go up to that fountain.

A quick Google search didn't turn up anything game-breaking (saw a few articles stating some stuff about framerate on one while better visuals on another, but it didn't seem to be universally accepted) so I guess I'm at a loss to really declare a superior version as I'm pretty crappy with technical stuff. If you're like me and think that FallOut 3 level of crappiness (or well, I did notice the difference in Bayonetta obviously, but found it playable) is where you draw the line, it looks like it's nearly a stalemate.

Edit: In case someone misunderstands, I mean FallOut 3 crappiness from a difference standpoint; the PS3 version had some HUGE bugs not present in the 360/PC versions.

I shall also recommend people pick up Fable II. $18 isn't bad for how long of a game it is. They changed some stuff around, but it's still Fable. This and Lost Odyssey were two games I played over breaks before I graduated (yeah it was recent :p) and really enjoyed. If you didn't like the first Fable, I don't really see this doing a heck of a lot to change your mind. It helps if you ignore Peter Molyneux from the start too.

I played through Godfather 2 and I think it is worth $10 but there isn't a lot of depth to it. For the most part you just run around taking over businesses and doing favors for random people so that they will tell you how to assassinate rival members of the mob. If I hadn't already played it then I would have been happy purchasing it for $10.

I bought Fable II when it first came out, and it seriously wasn't worth the $60. For $18 it's probably worth it, but it's not the longest RPG out there by any means. I simply got bored of the game, especially the combat. I ended up reselling mine, but raced to finish the game first and actually ended up enjoying it more by going through the story rather than doing the side-quests. I thought the end had an interesting twist. Rabblerabblerabble, just buy it.

Oh, and being a bi-sexual female succubus with multiple "companions" that you then end up sacrificing to the darklord is pretty cool too. But that's just my opinion =)

Thanks for the Godfather reviews guys, I think it's a game I would enjoy. As far as FEAR 2, I got it at BBV last week for 9.99 and just finished it. I thought it was okay, definitely worth $10, but by no means was my favorite game.

just got FEAR 2 and Godfather 2 for 360. 2 games i've been wanting to play for $10 a pop is awesome. glad i finally have money so i can spend it on something good in this sale.

Good deal on Fable II. I'm digging what Gamefly has been doing with their sales. I already get 10 percent off my purchases, so the cheaper the better.

bread's done
Back