FamilyVideo.com USED Deals - Wolverine (360) $9.99, Overlord II (360) $9.99 More + FS

[quote name='10OnTheToilet']anybody know if they have these deals in the actual B&M stores?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV. They might have some, and not others.

[quote name='JaroldL']I never 50 cent made his own game. Kinda funny if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Sad part is that it's actually a sequel (here is the first). Though unlike the first, this one is actually supposed to be passable. I particularly enjoy this Penny Arcade comic on the subject (minor spoilers...but the plot is predictable and horrible anyway). Fun fact: 50 Cent said he'd only lend his voice to video games in which he plays himself. A recent Activision shooter that might require duty be harkened may or may not have featured 50 cent playing someone else.

I just perused Family Video's selection and it's pretty darn impressive in both price and quantity. CAGs definitely find some good deals (Brutal Legend for $30 definitely gets a recommendation) though I find it funny Leisure Suit Larry is still $20. They have a store in my area, but well, the neighborhood is a bit questionable. I've never really felt the urge to stop by, though perhaps I should.

Also, anyone that has not played Dead Space, purchase the game immediately. It's like RE4 but in space...somewhat, and the controls are much more suited to human movement rather than tank movement. Heck, I bought a copy and I don't even own a 360...yet. :p (got my younger brother a 360 for Christmas 2 years ago but he almsot refuses to buy games, even if I recommend them highly)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaroldL']I never 50 cent made his own game. Kinda funny if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
Actually, this is the second one.

On the Family Video thread, these should be 9.95 on Wednesday:
Far Cry 2 *PRICE DROP*
Fear 2 *PRICE DROP*
Overlord 2 *PRICE DROP*
Wheelman *PRICE DROP*
X-Men Origins: Wolverine *PRICE DROP*

Thanks for the free shipping code, if I plan on picking any of these up I'll be sure to use it.

thanks op

question
is bomberman act zero worth $7?
is project slypheed worth $7?

im going to get wanted:wof for $10 just wondering if i should pull the trigger on either of these stinkers as well?

I have so many unplayed games right now but Dead Space is one of my favorite games of 2008 and it's only $10...

Damnit!

Edit: Forgot to thank the OP for the heads up.

Thanks man!

[quote name='chimpian']thanks op

question
is bomberman act zero worth $7?
is project slypheed worth $7?

im going to get wanted:wof for $10 just wondering if i should pull the trigger on either of these stinkers as well?[/QUOTE]
Bomberman isn't worth anything.
Project sylpheed is a very fun game if you can get past the first few levels. Once you've powered up a bit it's good.

[quote name='maxflight']doh, no manual included :([/QUOTE]

As I stated in the OP,
I almost ALWAYS get the manual,
despite what it says on the site.

[quote name='deathscythehe']Bomberman isn't worth anything.
Project sylpheed is a very fun game if you can get past the first few levels. Once you've powered up a bit it's good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='daewezzy']On the Family Video thread, these should be 9.95 on Wednesday:
Far Cry 2 *PRICE DROP*
Fear 2 *PRICE DROP*
Overlord 2 *PRICE DROP*
Wheelman *PRICE DROP*

Thanks for the free shipping code, if I plan on picking any of these up I'll be sure to use it.[/QUOTE]
I think I may pick up Overload II for that price! Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='sandman8288']As I stated in the OP,
I almost ALWAYS get the manual,
despite what it says on the site.[/QUOTE]

I've only ordered a total of like, 3 games from them and all came with the manual. It just seems to be a disclaimer to cover their butts, similar to the warning GameStop's online store used to have before they changed it: "This used product is guaranteed to work and may or may not include original artwork or manual."

And dang, $10 for X-Men Origins. I don't know how they can afford to sell these used games for so cheap compared to their competition. Match that for the X-Men Wolverine PS3 version and you have a sale; Hear that Family Video? :p

I missed the Microsoft deal on Beatles, thanks for the link! I also saw that Prototype was 19.99 as well. Unfortunately they are out of Dead Space.

[quote name='daewezzy']On the Family Video thread, these should be 9.95 on Wednesday:
Far Cry 2 *PRICE DROP*
Fear 2 *PRICE DROP*
Overlord 2 *PRICE DROP*
Wheelman *PRICE DROP*

Thanks for the free shipping code, if I plan on picking any of these up I'll be sure to use it.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know when they'll update the site to reflect this

[quote name='draven1089']Anyone know when they'll update the site to reflect this[/QUOTE]

They may not, online and instore are not always co-ordinated together.

[quote name='XT14']These specials apply to both online and in store sales most of the time, this of course is subject to avaliability and if you don't see an online deal right away, check back a day or two later as I may post in store deals a little earlier than it updates. [/QUOTE]

I used to maintain the Family Video thread, and the online drops weren't as predictable then in my experience. Usually the store drops 1st, then within 7-10 days the website reflects, but i hope for you it's more consistent now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210904&highlight=family+video

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219794&highlight=Family+Video+Deals

[quote name='XT14']okay added 3 more titles this morning..and ^^^ yes the website currently shows as 29.99, sometimes it takes a few days for it to update online..these deals are in store NOW. I don't know why there is the delay...but for all the titles I've listed previously they seem to match up after a few days. I'll make sure to update the OP to reflect that.[/QUOTE]
from page4 of XT14's thread

[quote name='Full Metal XL']I kinda want Prototype, but damn it...I think we can do better than $19.99! Blast my overly cheap ass ways! #-o[/QUOTE]

I've wanted prototype since it first came out.... I told myself when it drops to 20.00 i'll pick it up but, i'm cheap, ima hold off intil $15.00-hopefully$10.00.

Dude your doing a little overkill there. But anyways, the site has been updated. Getting
Wanted: Weapons of Faith
Terminator Salvations (yes I'll play a crap game for 10 bucks)
Overlord 2
Fear 2

Thank you OP.

I'm debating about Overlord 2 and Wheelman but I think I will just add them to my Backlog of 2010 which I would rather play them on PS3.

Thanks for the code OP. I ordered them and so its 2 more cheap games I will need to play sometime next year.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just bought X-Men Origins: Wolverine. For $11.98 shipped, you can't really beat that. It's an excellent game.[/QUOTE]

$9.99 with free shipping code (DECSHIP1)

Picked up Xmen and 50 Cent. Heard unusually good things about 50 cent and I've been meaning to get a copy of xmen origins, so for $20, that's a killer deal =D

In for Overlord. Now I just to pick up the first one again, since I only played it for a little while before trading it away.

In for Wolverine and Overlord II.

Not sure why every time I've seen a Family Video deal in the past I prompty skipped over it thinking it was B&M only...

I was going to pick up Overloard II for that price, but after reading a bunch of different reviews I think I may pass on it since I wasnt very fond of the first one. Still that is a kic ass price for it. Thanks anyways OP

bread's done
Back