Deadly Creatures $14.99, De Blob $19.99, Trauma Center DS 1&2 $9.99, MORE @ BB YMMV

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
I just saw the following in $9.99/$14.99 boxes at Best Buy, not sure if it's YMMV or not CONFIRMED YMMV:

Baja: Edge of Control (PS3/360) $14.99
Haze (PS3) $14.99
Tom Clancy's EndWar (PS3) $14.99
Monster Hunter 2 Freedom (PSP) $14.99

Deadly Creatures (Wii) $14.99
De Blob (Wii) $19.99 ($14.99?) ($9.99?) ($14.99 at TRU)
Ghost Squad (Wii) $19.99
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) $14.99

Assassin's Creed Altair's Chronicles (DS) $9.99
Dragon Quest IV (DS) $14.99
Spectrobes (DS) $14.99
Trauma Center (DS) $9.99
Trauma Center 2: Under the Knife (DS) $9.99

There was a lot more that i can't think of right now, but those were the highlights. I picked up Deadly Creatures (and GH Smash Hits on PS3 for $10 after coupon), but turned down De Blob. Waiting for $10-$15 on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
De Blob is $9.99. I bought one the other day as a present for my nephew that has a Wii. It is marked $14.99, but rings up as $9.99. This is true with a number of other $14.99 games.

[quote name='Anthony1']De Blob is $9.99. I bought one the other day as a present for my nephew that has a Wii. It is marked $14.99, but rings up as $9.99. This is true with a number of other $14.99 games.[/QUOTE]

It said $19.99 value, so i thought that meant it was $9.99, so i asked an employee and he said it was $19.99.

:bomb:

Shit, if Deadly Creatures was $9.99 I'd probably go for it. I looked through the bin but all I found were a bunch of shitty shovelware titles marked at $19.99 for the most part. I saw Skate It for the DS for $15 but I'd rather pay $10 on that.

Also, I saw de Blob at my local Target for like $13 or $14 bucks, regular price. It was on the end cap with the $19.99 and under games, not a clearance end cap. $19.99 is a bit too much for that game. It was $25 this time last year.

All my Best Buy had besides Deadly Creatures was a bunch of shovelware. I wish I found both Trauma Centers for $10 as I would love to get those. I did see Spectrobes for $15

I enjoyed deadly creatures (and de blob), it wasn't until the final level of deadly creatures that they really took some chances with level design (and a great job, I feel), but it is entertaining throughout.
The idea of Deadly Creatures could have really taken off with some sequels, oh well.

Great prices on Deadly Creatures and both Trauma Centers. I love TC series (owned/beaten all 4 games so far) and can't wait for Trauma Team :wii:.

Some okay prices, but isn't the inventory/selection YMMV, but the prices are not YMMV?

This is off topic (sort of) but is that what the strike through text is for, I always see people doing that here, but have never seen that on a forum, I figure if it's mean to be "scratched" and deleted, it'd be deleted. But I suppose there could be purpose in leaving something there still legible for all, but indicating that it's no longer applicable?

The BB clearance by me had some of these last month, one of them was Conan for 360 for $7.50, half off of normal $15...This game is harder to find, particularly on PS3, and goes for much higher...if anyone wanted that game (I did). Sleepy Hollow Best Buy was the one (though I live in Algonquin and there are closer ones)...

Awww... I thought the title meant both Trauma Centers for $9.99 total.

Still good, but not a must-buy price. Thanks anyway, OP.

Every time I see one of these bins I have the urge to go through the entire thing but I always stop myself from looking like a bit of a retard. I did see Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 and I'll be going back to get that and Dead Space @ $14.99 on Friday and maybe I'll dig a bit more and see what other cheapies I can pull out.

[quote name='BWS1982']Some okay prices, but isn't the inventory/selection YMMV, but the prices are not YMMV?

This is off topic (sort of) but is that what the strike through text is for, I always see people doing that here, but have never seen that on a forum, I figure if it's mean to be "scratched" and deleted, it'd be deleted. But I suppose there could be purpose in leaving something there still legible for all, but indicating that it's no longer applicable?
[/QUOTE]

1) Wouldn't for all deals the inventory always be YMMV, but the prices not be?

2) I like using the cross out in general just because, but here especially because while i'm 80% sure it's not YMMV, i'm not 100%.

[quote name='BWS1982']This is off topic (sort of) but is that what the strike through text is for, I always see people doing that here, but have never seen that on a forum, I figure if it's mean to be "scratched" and deleted, it'd be deleted. But I suppose there could be purpose in leaving something there still legible for all, but indicating that it's no longer applicable?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Using strike through rather than simply deleting the text indicates to anyone looking at it who may have seen it earlier when the text was there that it has been intentionally recanted, rather than having just simply disappeared. It makes the update/correction more visible.

Hm . . . I've been somewhat intrigued by the Trauma Center titles, but not enough to bite on them so far. This may be my price point to try at least one of them, if I can find it here.

[quote name='arcane93']
Hm . . . I've been somewhat intrigued by the Trauma Center titles, but not enough to bite on them so far. This may be my price point to try at least one of them, if I can find it here.[/QUOTE]

I think they are absolutely fantastic. The harder difficulties are just killer.

Trauma Center 2 was fantastic.

If you're gonna buy both, play Trauma Center 1 first. Cause after playing 2 first, I couldn't play 1 at all. It's a huge step back.

Or to put it another way, TC2 is miles ahead of TC1.

Get it for $10.

[quote name='the_punisher']1) Wouldn't for all deals the inventory always be YMMV, but the prices not be?

2) I like using the cross out in general just because, but here especially because while i'm 80% sure it's not YMMV, i'm not 100%.[/QUOTE]

Regarding #1, I agree, it just sounded by the other posts this was a bit more of an inventory/selection YMMV scenario, because it varied so much. This seemed more in line with the clearance selection at the Best Buy's which was all over the chart as far as what games each B & M had....I guess I just mean the likelihood of it being in stock varied a good bit more it sounded, but valid point. No worries.

I would recommend de blob (provided it looks interesting to you, it got my interest but my brother found it boring.)

I would pas son deadly creatures personally, the spider levels were fun but I really disliked the scorpion levels.

Would also recommend the trauma center games, loved them.

Saw the following:

DS Dragon Quest IV $14.99
PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 2 $14.99

FYI
Wii de Blob is $14.99 at TRU

i found a copy of rogue galaxy in the box for $9.99 at the chino hills, Ca best buy but it didn't have one of those sale stickers on it. instead there was a generic circular yellow sticker with 9.99 written on it.

I love Trauma Center. I got both on day 1 and they are still two of my favorite DS games. A very good use of the DS controls.

I got spectrobes ds for my nephew and Dawn of the New World for myself.

I also grabbed last year's college football game for the ps3 for 10 because those games are my crack cocaine; the same way Bella is Edward's own brand of heroin.

Dangit. I can't believe I forgot about this again. By time I visit the store I'm sure those Traumas will be long gone, assuming that they ever had any in the first place.

bread's done
Back