- - - - -

Price Drop - Animal Crossing: City Folk (NEW) NOW $19.99

#31 Jerajdai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

Is this the new MSRP? If so, BB might change it to $20 and there is a $5 off RZ coupon up.

If not, you can try to PM it and still use the coupon but I doubt that it will work.

^^^ - THIS - I'll give it a try after work today...

#32 Doylerulez   Lord CAGiversary!   1311 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Doylerulez

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

And I got up at 5AM to get it at game crazy for $15. AH well.
AC:WW Drew - Skypiea 2749-5069-0420
Jump Ultimate Stars: 2792 7016 9554
Posted Image

#33 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7375 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hm. Every game I've ordered online has come sealed and unblemished. Granted, in-store is a crapshoot, but online I've never gotten anything but a sealed, NEW game.

You obviously didn't order Street Fighter IV when they had it on sale for $19.99 on the website over the summer. Countless people got sent gutted "new" copies when ordering from the website.

#34 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

sounds like a good deal. can't see why I'd pass it up. I have nephews i need to introduce to something other than Smash Bros and Halo.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever. - Strell

Currently Playing
:wii: n/a - :ps3: Singstar like a boss - Dungeons of Dredmor

#35 psychobuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

i bought the one with wii speak for $35 on clearance at BestBuy about two weeks ago if that helps anyone.

#36 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

Edited OP for Amazon match and GS coupon code.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#37 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

I used to enjoy playing this one back on the GC but it does get kinda boring after a bit...hows this one improved?

I haven't played the Wii version, but I've read that it's similar in overall content to the AC: Wile World for the DS. AC:WW was *wonderful* and I felt was a better overall implementation than the GC one (which was great, too).

The DS and Wii versions are made even nicer by their online connectivity. I played the DS version voraciously and often left my town gate open so that my friends elsewhere could go online and visit my town. It made populating my town with all the fruit tree types easier, and buying and selling radishes and fruits in other towns made the in-game economy nicer for me, too.

I say go for it. Like I said, I haven't played the Wii version yet, but if it's anything like AC:WW then you'll have a good time. :)

#38 morphineseason   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

morphineseason

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

It's very similar to Wild World on the DS, with the addition of the city, which includes some stores and features that didn't really come into play on the DS version until you payed Tom Nook a ton of bells. So really, there's even less reason to collect bells and pay Nook on this version. That doesn't mean the game is any less addictive - because it's still addictive as hell!

You really don't need WiiSpeak either. Like all the other Nintendo games, this one implements a friend code system for the online, so you probably won't be using that feature much anyways. You can also hook up any USB keyboard to your Wii and type to the person you're connected with if you want (or of course you can use the onscreen keyboard).

#39 unopepito06   Henshin! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

unopepito06

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

Hmm... my friend lended me a copy of the GC version back in the day, I liked it, and would've liked to own it, but sort of lost interest. Same with the ds version, I owned it, but got bored, didn't play it for months, then when I went back the town was overgrown with weeds. Needless to say, I didn't play it again after that. If the world wasn't so persistant (which is one of the games selling points!) I would probably get it.

I guess I'm just too lazy....

#40 Fount   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

So does Best Buy have it for the same price? Anyone check?
The BEST Gaming Deal Twitters:
CAG - http://www.twitter.com/videogamedeals
BankruptGamer - http://www.twitter.com/bankruptgamer

#41 datura   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

Would new from Gamestop mean unopened, sealed and wrapped game? Havent bought online from Gamestop before.

I'll be honest, I only ordered from GameStop online once (Street Fighter IV) and got a "NEW" opened copy. I called a raised hell and got a $10 voucher for a future purchase, but please be warned it MAY not be in perfect condition. Mind you, this was the first and only time I have ordered from GS online, so take it with any necessary grains of salt.

#42 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

Picked up my copy today...oddly enough the manager said it was his last one..which means I got the gutted copy on the shelf. BUT, he conveniently reshrinkwrapped it for me with like a slip on plastic case thing with a sealable top. :bomb: Unbelievable - I had never seen such a thing before. But it's a gift, so I didn't care too much.

ANYWAY, the point I was trying to get to was that maybe this SKU is being discontinued in favor of only the wii speak bundle. Could just be a coincidence that it was his last copy, but it's possible.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#43 Fire_Thief   Banned Banned   2873 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Fire_Thief

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

Picked up my copy today...oddly enough the manager said it was his last one..which means I got the gutted copy on the shelf. BUT, he conveniently reshrinkwrapped it for me with like a slip on plastic case thing with a sealable top. :bomb: Unbelievable - I had never seen such a thing before. But it's a gift, so I didn't care too much.

ANYWAY, the point I was trying to get to was that maybe this SKU is being discontinued in favor of only the wii speak bundle. Could just be a coincidence that it was his last copy, but it's possible.

Wii Speak Bundle? Explain...

#44 Fount   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:15 AM

Wii Speak Bundle? Explain...

http://www.lmgtfy.co...ii speak bundle
The BEST Gaming Deal Twitters:
CAG - http://www.twitter.com/videogamedeals
BankruptGamer - http://www.twitter.com/bankruptgamer

#45 hohez   Old Cynical Gamer CAGiversary!   1770 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

ahahah If I had a nickel every time they told me I got the last copy of something. Or even better "oh man you got lucky, we only have one that isn't reserved."

Hohez.png

#46 Got_Wii   Nintendo Freak CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

My copy came today, was factory wrapped, excellent condition. Im happy with my first purchase from gamestop.com after hearing about others orders where they got a used game that had been ordered new.

Posted Image

#47 Fire_Thief   Banned Banned   2873 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Fire_Thief

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

^ They raped you on shipping though.

#48 fwbweux   registered user CAGiversary!   3110 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:37 AM

My used copy was basically less than $12 after Edge and B2G1. I'm not sure I'll be able to immerse myself in the game as obsessively as I did with the Gamecube and DS versions, but I'm going to see how much I can squeeze in every day between other games. I find it extremely relaxing, to be honest. My sister was begging me to get it for when she visits anyway, as she remembers when I let her make her own town on the Gamecube version years ago and wanted to do it again little by little.

---

#49 Got_Wii   Nintendo Freak CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

^ They raped you on shipping though.

Shipping was free. I paid $19.52 for it including tax. Paid less than what it lists originally.

Posted Image

#50 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9895 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

Where's 10% off all new & used game with free shipping code ??
"Evil is Funs"

#51 SV11bucksfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

SV11bucksfan

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

does this game still come with Wii Speak??

#52 Justin42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

does this game still come with Wii Speak??

Not the $19.99 ones.. the bundles seem to be out of production, I haven't seen any in stores in a few months and even many websites don't list them anymore.

#53 Got_Wii   Nintendo Freak CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

where's 10% off all new & used game with free shipping code ??

BEMERRY good through 12/21

Posted Image

#54 genfuyung   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3055 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

I guess amazons price match of this is dead?

#55 Skoad   . CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Not the $19.99 ones.. the bundles seem to be out of production, I haven't seen any in stores in a few months and even many websites don't list them anymore.

As I said on the last page, $30: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190050

#56 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

I noticed they dropped Warioland: Shake it to $19.99 as well. Anyone ever play this and have comments?

Awesome platformer. Awesome visuals. Awesome music.

#57 Got_Wii   Nintendo Freak CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

Awesome platformer. Awesome visuals. Awesome music.

Thanks. I've got a decent backlog of games but I might pick it up one day.

Posted Image

#58 Skoad   . CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190050

It dropped $2. That's probably thread worthy, but I ain't got the time.

#59 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   17027 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

If you have a USB headset, you can just use that.

Really? You can use a USB headset on the Wii? I had no idea. That could be pretty nice, though I don't have a USB headset. I wish the 360 used USB headsets, or at least that there was an adapter that let you plug in a 360 headset via USB. Is there?

Crunchewy.png

#60 oni-link   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

oni-link

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

sucks that this doesn't come with Wii Speak bundle with this price