Price Drop - Animal Crossing: City Folk (NEW) NOW $19.99

xtreme_Zr2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Online and B&M. Game only - not with the Wii Speak bundle.

:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72071

Really good price for any first party Nintendo title. Beats all the BF deals on this game (I think).

If ordered online, don't forget to the coupon code "BEMERRY" for 10% off and free shipping (Thanks Got_Wii!).

EDIT:

Amazon has now matched this price..this may be a MSRP drop but yet to be confirmed. BB and Walmart are still holding at $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Got_Wii']Would new from Gamestop mean unopened, sealed and wrapped game? Havent bought online from Gamestop before.[/QUOTE]

Yes. But you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

[quote name='rapsodist']Yes. But you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I've seen posts on here about people preordering games and being given a used copy when they go to pick it up in store, so I figured I would ask. I like my games to be in excellent condition with manuals and cases in great condition. Not sure why, just want to take care of my stuff.

Anyone know how much Wii Speak is separately and if it has any uses outside of Animal Crossing? I haven't seen it used except in that commercial where they're playing Animal Crossing.

I dont think it has any use outside yet. My local Walmart has it clearanced for $25. Just noticed Gamestop has it for $19.99

[quote name='Got_Wii']I dont think it has any use outside yet. My local Walmart has it clearanced for $25.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it used for the Conduit?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Isn't it used for the Conduit?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Conduit can use it. Plus, I think Wii Speak itself comes with a simple app just for chatting.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for the Animal Crossing w/ Wii Speak bundle, Newegg currently has it for $29.99 shipped.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=animal_crossing-_-78-190-050-_-Product

I wouldn't say Wii Speak is necessary, but if you're buying the game to specifically play online with a friend/relative, it's worth the extra $10.

Great price... I'll pick it up when I can. I played the GCN version for months on end... Back in 8th grade. I'm graduated now. :p

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Great price... I'll pick it up when I can. I played the GCN version for months on end... Back in 8th grade. I'm graduated now. :p[/QUOTE]

lol, had a friend who played it in the middle of grade 9.

i'll be sure to pass this deal to him.

Decided to check this game out. Used the Gamestop promo code "BEMERRY" for 10% off the order and free ground shipping. Total came to $19.52, not bad if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know... played the original Animal Crossing for hours... Payed of Nook like 3 times, which is alot for me. Hear this game isn't much of an improvement... Comments from owners?

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']I don't know... played the original Animal Crossing for hours... Payed of Nook like 3 times, which is alot for me. Hear this game isn't much of an improvement... Comments from owners?[/QUOTE]

It's still principally the same game. It's very much a sequel to the DS version.

if anyone wants to move credit to amazon this trades in for $17.50 and is $17.99 used minus edge works out making like $.40 here but i wanted to move credit anyway

Wario Land Shake It is pretty fun. Similar to Jungle Beat in that it's an innovative-controls platformer that should be played for score/accomplishments rather than simply to clear levels. I like it almost as much as Alec Baldwin does.

With Wii Speak the game is at $40 on Gamestop's website, but it's sold out. I'd say that's a pretty good deal, considering Wii Speak is $30 normally, so you could basically get Animal Crossing: CF for $10.

[quote name='Justin42']I've received opened/dusty/fingerprinted "new" games from Gamestop.com before, it's a bit of a crapshoot sadly...[/QUOTE]
Hm. Every game I've ordered online has come sealed and unblemished. Granted, in-store is a crapshoot, but online I've never gotten anything but a sealed, NEW game.

Is this the new MSRP? If so, BB might change it to $20 and there is a $5 off RZ coupon up.

If not, you can try to PM it and still use the coupon but I doubt that it will work.

I used to enjoy playing this one back on the GC but it does get kinda boring after a bit...hows this one improved?

[quote name='Estebon']Is this the new MSRP? If so, BB might change it to $20 and there is a $5 off RZ coupon up.

If not, you can try to PM it and still use the coupon but I doubt that it will work.[/QUOTE]
^^^ - THIS - I'll give it a try after work today...

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hm. Every game I've ordered online has come sealed and unblemished. Granted, in-store is a crapshoot, but online I've never gotten anything but a sealed, NEW game.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't order Street Fighter IV when they had it on sale for $19.99 on the website over the summer. Countless people got sent gutted "new" copies when ordering from the website.

sounds like a good deal. can't see why I'd pass it up. I have nephews i need to introduce to something other than Smash Bros and Halo.

[quote name='SuxoR']I used to enjoy playing this one back on the GC but it does get kinda boring after a bit...hows this one improved?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the Wii version, but I've read that it's similar in overall content to the AC: Wile World for the DS. AC:WW was *wonderful* and I felt was a better overall implementation than the GC one (which was great, too).

The DS and Wii versions are made even nicer by their online connectivity. I played the DS version voraciously and often left my town gate open so that my friends elsewhere could go online and visit my town. It made populating my town with all the fruit tree types easier, and buying and selling radishes and fruits in other towns made the in-game economy nicer for me, too.

I say go for it. Like I said, I haven't played the Wii version yet, but if it's anything like AC:WW then you'll have a good time. :)

It's very similar to Wild World on the DS, with the addition of the city, which includes some stores and features that didn't really come into play on the DS version until you payed Tom Nook a ton of bells. So really, there's even less reason to collect bells and pay Nook on this version. That doesn't mean the game is any less addictive - because it's still addictive as hell!

You really don't need WiiSpeak either. Like all the other Nintendo games, this one implements a friend code system for the online, so you probably won't be using that feature much anyways. You can also hook up any USB keyboard to your Wii and type to the person you're connected with if you want (or of course you can use the onscreen keyboard).

Hmm... my friend lended me a copy of the GC version back in the day, I liked it, and would've liked to own it, but sort of lost interest. Same with the ds version, I owned it, but got bored, didn't play it for months, then when I went back the town was overgrown with weeds. Needless to say, I didn't play it again after that. If the world wasn't so persistant (which is one of the games selling points!) I would probably get it.

I guess I'm just too lazy....

[quote name='Got_Wii']Would new from Gamestop mean unopened, sealed and wrapped game? Havent bought online from Gamestop before.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I only ordered from GameStop online once (Street Fighter IV) and got a "NEW" opened copy. I called a raised hell and got a $10 voucher for a future purchase, but please be warned it MAY not be in perfect condition. Mind you, this was the first and only time I have ordered from GS online, so take it with any necessary grains of salt.

Picked up my copy today...oddly enough the manager said it was his last one..which means I got the gutted copy on the shelf. BUT, he conveniently reshrinkwrapped it for me with like a slip on plastic case thing with a sealable top. :bomb: Unbelievable - I had never seen such a thing before. But it's a gift, so I didn't care too much.

ANYWAY, the point I was trying to get to was that maybe this SKU is being discontinued in favor of only the wii speak bundle. Could just be a coincidence that it was his last copy, but it's possible.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Picked up my copy today...oddly enough the manager said it was his last one..which means I got the gutted copy on the shelf. BUT, he conveniently reshrinkwrapped it for me with like a slip on plastic case thing with a sealable top. :bomb: Unbelievable - I had never seen such a thing before. But it's a gift, so I didn't care too much.

ANYWAY, the point I was trying to get to was that maybe this SKU is being discontinued in favor of only the wii speak bundle. Could just be a coincidence that it was his last copy, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Wii Speak Bundle? Explain...

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Picked up my copy today...oddly enough the manager said it was his last one..which means I got the gutted copy on the shelf. BUT, he conveniently reshrinkwrapped it for me with like a slip on plastic case thing with a sealable top. :bomb: Unbelievable - I had never seen such a thing before. But it's a gift, so I didn't care too much.

ANYWAY, the point I was trying to get to was that maybe this SKU is being discontinued in favor of only the wii speak bundle. Could just be a coincidence that it was his last copy, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

ahahah If I had a nickel every time they told me I got the last copy of something. Or even better "oh man you got lucky, we only have one that isn't reserved."

My copy came today, was factory wrapped, excellent condition. Im happy with my first purchase from gamestop.com after hearing about others orders where they got a used game that had been ordered new.

My used copy was basically less than $12 after Edge and B2G1. I'm not sure I'll be able to immerse myself in the game as obsessively as I did with the Gamecube and DS versions, but I'm going to see how much I can squeeze in every day between other games. I find it extremely relaxing, to be honest. My sister was begging me to get it for when she visits anyway, as she remembers when I let her make her own town on the Gamecube version years ago and wanted to do it again little by little.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ They raped you on shipping though.[/QUOTE]

Shipping was free. I paid $19.52 for it including tax. Paid less than what it lists originally.

bread's done
Back