GameFly Daily Deals: Madworld $10, House of the Dead: Overkill $13 & More Wii Games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what it is about Madworld, but I just can't bring myself to buy it. It's a game that should appeal to me, but just doesn't. BTW, Madworld is $11.99 on NewEgg right now for a new copy. I'd rather pay $2 more and get a brand new copy.

[quote name='charlescheese']I don't know what it is about Madworld, but I just can't bring myself to buy it. It's a game that should appeal to me, but just doesn't. BTW, Madworld is $11.99 on NewEgg right now for a new copy. I'd rather pay $2 more and get a brand new copy.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I think it's the whole black and white thing for me.

On one hand I am like "What only Wii?" but then I look at my bank account and now I am like "Thank god it's only for Wii".

if you like God Hand, you'll love Mad World.

I didn't like either. It's all about set piece arena combat and maximizing combos and such.

I'm passing tonite as well.

But there have only been 360/ps3 games for awhile, knew there was going to be some wii games in this deal.

[quote name='looski']I can't make up my mind if I want Madworld or not hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Get it!

I paid $7.57 for mine from eBay 2 months ago. :p

[quote name='stewie75']Hmmmm what are the controls on Wolverine on the Wii? Probaly not as badass as I'd like to imagine.[/QUOTE]
Isn't this pretty much the story of the Wii?

[quote name='stewie75']Hmmmm what are the controls on Wolverine on the Wii? Probaly not as badass as I'd like to imagine.[/QUOTE]

Can't comment directly on the controls , but if you have access to the 360/PS3 version that's definetly the way to go , seeing as how they are the "uncensored" versions. The other versions are only good if you don't have access to the current gen systems or are getting it for a kid.

Madworld and HotD would be good except I already got the former from Target and the latter from Newegg. Gonna grab Phantom Brave though.

Everyone recommends Mad World. I know I'll never play it. The Wii is where games I want to play go to be ignored.

[quote name='Shimrra']On one hand I am like "What only Wii?" but then I look at my bank account and now I am like "Thank god it's only for Wii".[/QUOTE]
Off Topic:
Those two gifs in your sig made me LMAO!!!! WTF is going on there? :lol:

I too want MadWorld but can never bring myself to buy it. It looks like it'd be fun for awhile, but it looks like it'd get old fast.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Off Topic:
Those two gifs in your sig made me LMAO!!!! WTF is going on there? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of shenanigans that went on before the Hays Code went into full effect.

[quote name='Shimrra']On one hand I am like "What only Wii?" but then I look at my bank account and now I am like "Thank god it's only for Wii".[/QUOTE]
Amen! Although, I do hope there's more stuff I want tomorrow...I've already taken two days off from buying. Feels weird...I feel compelled to spend more.#-o

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Everyone recommends Mad World. I know I'll never play it. The Wii is where games I want to play go to be ignored.[/QUOTE]
As heavily expressed in this thread. Seriously, I've seen quite a few people here jump on $10-off deals for MADDEN games, yet brush off actual games that are pretty good at prices less than $20. Sheesh.

Why does everyone want Cross Edge? Medicore reviews for it all over the place must mean something. To think the XBox even got a enhanced version in Japan.

Phantom Brave was pretty meh on the PS2, but then again if you need a SRPG on the Wii I guess you don't have many choices.

Bought Madworld/HOTD about the same price NEW at Target and Newegg. Those are both pretty good games for that price range though.

[quote name='Toohumanlive']What's better Madworld or House of the Dead?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

But seriously,
Yes.

[quote name='charlescheese']I don't know what it is about Madworld, but I just can't bring myself to buy it. It's a game that should appeal to me, but just doesn't. BTW, Madworld is $11.99 on NewEgg right now for a new copy. I'd rather pay $2 more and get a brand new copy.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you don't know what you're missing with this game. It is incredibly fun, albeit repetitive. The commentary, though, is absolutely a scream. My roommate and I re-played certain levels, just to listen to it all over again.

Also, catapulting zombies into a giant replica of the statue of justice is not a bad thing...especially when blood stays on her blade...

[quote name='tetrisgrammaton']Nice deal on Phantom Brave if you don't already own it.[/QUOTE]

I want to pick it up...but I'm a collection whore as well, and I'm a bit worried about the image on their site, it doesn't match the pretty sleeve I've seen everywhere else..does anyone know if it comes with everything intact?

I really want to pick up Phantom Brave, and since its Gamefly, I am sure it'll come complete with all the extras, but I still have to debate on this ~_~.

I'm on the edge about Phantom Brave too. It looks well within my interests, but after playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn in a row, I'm not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice 100+ hours on an RPG again. I guess I'll make up my mind in a few hours about it.

About how long is Overkill? I could use something maybe a bit shorter to take a break from my recent RPG binge.

[quote name='amishpriest']About how long is Overkill? I could use something maybe a bit shorter to take a break from my recent RPG binge.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty short, lol. But definitely fun!

[quote name='Chronis']If you guys didn't buy Madworld or Overkill, just sell your Wiis now because you lost your gamer card.[/QUOTE]

I've played both. I enjoyed House Of The Dead: Overkill. I hated Madworld though. I'm waiting on tonights deals.

Overkill is a great game for quick and enjoyable two player co-op. I picked it up for about this price from newegg last month.

[quote name='Rodpop']I'm on the edge about Phantom Brave too. It looks well within my interests, but after playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn in a row, I'm not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice 100+ hours on an RPG again. I guess I'll make up my mind in a few hours about it.[/QUOTE]

I bit even though i still have my PS2 version that i played about 45 minutes of. Heres hoping it comes with the goodies, I just cant resist RPG's on the the cheap.

bread's done
Back