Good Wii game for 8+11 year old girls?

jimbodan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Saw the thread about recommendations for a 3 year old and it reminded me that I need to find a good Wii game for my 2 little cousins, both girls. One is around 8 years old and the other around 11. Neither one is a very big gamer but they have played some basic video games, mainly junk that comes with their stuffed animals plus stuff like Wii sports.

I did a little research and I was thinking about possibly NSMB although I'm a bit worried about the difficulty as well as how much the game would appeal to 2 girls. The other options I was considering were the new Boom Blox Party and maybe Disney DDR Grooves, although that one costs a little more then I want to spend since I'd need to buy the set with the 2 mats.

I'm looking for any other ideas/recommendations as well as opinions on the 3 games I'm considering.

I'll vote against NSMB. That game is brutal at some points, and multiplayer actually makes it harder at some points. I doubt kids can cooperate long enough to actually progress very far.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Animal Crossing, one of the Harvest Moon games or even Mario Kart?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I totally forgot about Animal Crossing I'll definitely have to take a closer look at that one.

Animal Crossing would be a good pick. I think it dropped to $20 too. At least that is what Amazon has it listed at right now. NSMB is really fun, but multiplayer actually makes it harder since you can't walk through each other. It is no where near as hard as the older ones (Super Mario Bros 3, etc), but it can be challenging.

munchables, de blob, a boy and his blob, klonoa
either boom blox games would be good
maybe nights, super paper mario or kororinpa, mario/sonic olympics

To recommend something slightly off the beaten track, consider The Dog Island (originally developed in Japan, published in the US by Ubisoft). It's a kid-friendly third-person adventure game, plays entirely with the Wii remote, and is pretty decent if you want a G-rated Zelda clone.

--R.J.

bread's done
Back