Baseball Hot Stove off season thread

wildcpac

Banned
Tigers trade Edwin Jackson to the Diamondbacks and Curtis Granderson to the Yankees.

Chone Figgins signed with the Mariners.

Rangers trade Kevin Millwood to the Orioles for Chris Ray.

Billy Wagner signed with the Braves.

Placido Polanco signed with the Phillies.

The worst free agent signing goes to the Nationals who gave IRod 2 years 6 million.

The Pudge signing is atrocious, especially since he's just going to block Flores. Natstown continues to be run by idiots. Horrible.

I'm not sure what AZ was thinking either--Scherzer seems like a lot to give up, even if they think he profiles as a reliever.

Another surprise is Harden signing with Texas. If you're looking to sign a one-year deal to prove you can stay healthy and be effective, Texas is not the place to do it.

Brewers signed wolf and Hawkins.

Pettite is staying another year with the Yankees.

It just sucks knowing the Dodgers are not going to do anything other than raise ticket prices to pay for the divorce. I would almost rather they were sold to Cuban. They might not win, but at least he will spend the money.

Well at least Granderson will play for a ring which he deserves for his good work here in Dtown. Tigers are in rebuild mode now after almost winning it all a while back. We just need to have some pitchers that can get some quality wins and have a steady bullpin we will win some of the closer games that we were losing this year.

Red Sox trade Lowell to the Rangers for Max Ramirez. It is rumored that the Sox are going to pick up 9-10 million of Lowells 12 million salary.

Braves trade Rafael Soriano to the Rays.

[quote name='wildcpac']Red Sox trade Lowell to the Rangers for Max Ramirez. [/QUOTE]

This trade is still just a rumor at this point. Nothing has been finalized.

[quote name='namtrahj']This trade is still just a rumor at this point. Nothing has been finalized.[/QUOTE]

Trade is being held up by the Rangers who are still going over Lowell's medical. Supposedly his thumb/hip is being scrutanized. Sel

No no, the worst signing is the Pirates inking Bobby Crosby. I'm an A's fan - this guy is absolutely terrible. 1 million is 1 million more than he should be paid.

I don't think the Pudge signing is *that* bad. Sure, he's gonna do nothing with the bat and his defense isn't what it was. I watched him in Houston this year and was generally unhappy with everything EXCEPT his game calling. He seemed very able to handle the pathetic Stros pitching staff. I thought he was a big reason Wandy Rodriguez had such a good season (talk about going from nothing to something).

So the Nats have Mr. World Beater Strausberg. Why not have a great game calling veteran catcher catch him? It's not like they're going to win next year or two and having Pudge as the guiding hand for your ultra-blue-chip kid doesn't seem like a bad deal for $3 mil a year. Am I crazy there?

It really depends on how they use him. If he's being brought in as a mentor, fine. But if he's going to take significant time away from Flores it's a mistake, I think.

[quote name='namtrahj']It really depends on how they use him. If he's being brought in as a mentor, fine. But if he's going to take significant time away from Flores it's a mistake, I think.[/QUOTE]

Pudge made 1.5 million in 2009. The Nats gave him a 2 year 6 million dollar deal. He just got double after putting up another horrible season. The Nats flat out suck and shouldn't be wasting money and giving huge deals on over the hill players. It's stupid and you dont give a senior citizen a pay raise like that. The difference is going to be 1 win at most by having him on the team if anything.

Huge rumor going around.

John Lackey is taking his physical in

Boston!

bread's done
Back