CAGcast #181: Wombat & Jabberjaw Have A Lot In Common

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Wombat returns from an Army of Two event in Montreal while CheapyD returns from a very large bathroom in an Osaka love hotel. Shipwreck is on hand to discuss video games such as Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

[podcast]90[/podcast]
Download - 102 minutes, 43MB

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial![/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

[flickrslide=cheapyd]72157622953621302[/flickrslide]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show from the three stooges of gaming. Regarding Cheapy's desire to be on "real radio". Its a dying medium, just like print media. The internet is where its at, you guys are at the forefront, you just don't get paid for it. The show is a good promo for the website. I order all my game deals from CAG even if I see the deal somewhere else first.

[quote name='Conboy']The love hotel discussion was awesome. "Send up the midgets"![/QUOTE]

I exclaimed that he should have requested a large bowl of chocolate pudding, too.

Some nice pics of foliage, Cheapy.

I'm sure the apartment management only added the English interpretation to make you aware of what's going on (not to out you or blame you).

Do Japanese people get pissed if you take photos of their relatives' tombstones? Those things look like they're packed in there pretty tightly. Do they bury their dead like we do here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat, so glad to hear Sabrina is okay. :)

Cheapy, only Yakuza 1 was dubbed. Yakuza 2 was also subtitled. The Yakuza stories are friggin awesome. They're written by a popular crime novelist in Japan.

Shipwreck, play Uncharted 2 NOW!

Hey Cheapy, you're right about Max Wright (from ALF) being in some trouble lately. Besides the DUI arrests, these days he is apparently a "crack addict with a taste for unprotected sex with homeless men". The National Enquirer ran a tasteful spread of him smoking crack some time this past year. Bummer for him (or maybe not).

Wombat, in addition to Pouteen, did you have any Peameal? It's a smoked/salty meat. How about Tim Horton's? They are huge in the greater Toronto for coffee and donuts.

I thought this show was AMAZING. I feel as if Shipwreck needs to be a permanent addition to the show in my opinion. Fantastic work guys! :D

I was picturing Shipwreck hiding in the cabinet under the sink while Cheapy and Wombat were fighting. You're dooming that kid to a life of therapy when he grows up. Pretty soon you'll be explaining to him that Cheapy and Wombat are going to live in different houses from now on, but you both still love him and it's not his fault.

Seriously - that was some douche chill inducing shit!

This and last weeks shows have been some of the best, keep it up! I don't have any specific topic of the podcast to comment on, I just wanted to let you guys know. Also, keep Shipwreck on: he adds some needed additional gaming discussion to the show without being a buzzkill; I rare feature among people.

NCAA Football 10 allows you to create custom teams with custom uniforms on the game's website and all that on the PC that you can download into your game to use in dynasties and all that. So EA seems to be at the forefront of that type of user-made content.

Cheapy needs to host a marathon on ustream to raise the rest of the money for Child's Play.

It's a race between Cheapy and Bobby Kotick for Douchebag of the Year in 2009. Cheapy doesn't have much more time to cement his victory.

I like when reviewers go so far with their hyperbole to say a game is flawless. Make sure your review mentioned that it's flawed, Cheapy.

PixelJunk Shooter isn't a dual-stick shooter. Wombat's terrified of asking PR people for review codes of games, but doesn't hesitate to beg Cheapy to buy PSN games to gameshare off of him?

I've thought about buying the GTAIV: Episodes disc so I don't have to play the main game to try those out, though I may just rent them from Gamefly.

I like how Cheapy has no idea what the word "optional" means.

The MAG beta is the worst beta I've ever been in becase of the stupid update process. I can't imagine anybody but fanboys having a good experience because everybody else will spend most of one day downloading the 2.6 GB in-game update and not have much enthusiasm to play it and try to have fun. I don't know how old your code is, Cheapy, but it could have been from an old version of the beta that doesn't work anymore since they've gone through three or four phases that required redownloading the beta each time to continue playing it. Cheapy should definitely try out the Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, which is great and could last until the end of February without requiring the huge time commitment that MAG requires just to get into it.

Good show.

I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck have fun re-installing all of their Xbox 360 games when their replacement 360's come like I did, because those are apparently DRM'd to the original console.

I actually had a GTA: Episodes disc in my possession, but I later returned it because I know I can get a deal on the thing. If they made the game shorter by 70% and allow you to open up all areas in the first hour, I'm sure fans would be much more interested to see the rest of the game/DLC.

The show is good as always, but at times I'm surprised Shipwreck is there because he doesn't speak so much.

Why are Mommy Wombat and Daddy Cheapy fighting!?!

:applause:

Sorry about the lack of proper English in my question that sparked that whole thing. Work has been ridiculously busy, and I'm not getting that much sleep right now. I feel kinda stupid after leaving behind such an amateur error.

Good show as usual. I usually blog about CAG or post audio clips of the CAGcast on my Tumblr blog, Player's Pulse. It has over 500 followers but works in the same way as Twitter (the people don't always read what you post, only what you post whenever they are online). I don't think it's given you any hits, but it doesn't hurt. In fact, people really dug that Xbox Live/Wombat clip (you suck at games!) from a while back.

How did Hanna Barbara do some of the stuff they did with a straight face. What must their development meetings have been like?

"Everyone, I have a fantastic idea. Let's take The Partridge Family, but put them in the future! We'll call it Partridge Family 2200 AD! You know, while we're at it, let's stick Josie And The Pussycats in outer space too."

"We'll get to work on that as soon as we finish the pilot for The Three Robonic Stooges."

"Excellent. I just heard from the boys upstairs, and they have a very exciting concept for a show starring a shark that's half Curly and half Rodney Dangerfield. And he's in the future!"

[quote name='spineynorman']How did Hanna Barbara do some of the stuff they did with a straight face. What must their development meetings have been like?

"Everyone, I have a fantastic idea. Let's take The Partridge Family, but put them in the future! We'll call it Partridge Family 2200 AD! You know, while we're at it, let's stick Josie And The Pussycats in outer space too."

"We'll get to work on that as soon as we finish the pilot for The Three Robonic Stooges."

"Excellent. I just heard from the boys upstairs, and they have a very exciting concept for a show starring a shark that's half Curly and half Rodney Dangerfield. And he's in the future!"[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

RogerMeyers1.png

Okay, maybe my dad did steal Itchy, but so what!? Animation is built on plagiarism!

If it weren't for someone plagiarizing the Honeymooners, we wouldn't have the Flintstones. If someone hadn't ripped off Sgt. Bilko, they'd be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound, Chief Wiggum, Yogi Bear? Ha! Andy Griffith, Edward G. Robinson, Art Carney...

I feel the need to point out that Cheapy's complaints about Rockstar not changing up the GTA formula to make the games less frustrating are completely unfounded. I'll just assume you were unaware Cheapy but in both "Lost and Damned" and "Ballad of Gay Tony" checkpoints during missions were implemented and make for a much less frustrating experiance.

I'm quite certain the next GTA game will continue that trend. If that element of frustration was one of the only things holding you back from enjoying GTA IV maybe you should think about playing the Episodes.

Reviewing iPhone games should be based on how your poop is after you finish, like let's say your poop is hard and crusty on your ass then the game was good, and if it still warm then it was bad :)

[quote name='KingBroly']I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck have fun re-installing all of their Xbox 360 games when their replacement 360's come like I did, because those are apparently DRM'd to the original console.
[/QUOTE] I'm guesing the license transfer tool doesn't fix this...

It's tied to the original console you installed it to. So maybe if you got the same console back you'd have better luck.

I agree with Cheapy that we should be doing better on the Child's Play donations -- at this point, we should be halfway there. Lets go!

cheapy should have whipped out his iphone (that is not some euphemism) and snapped a mug shot of those kids. they probably also planted the moldy rice too! has anyone every pissed off the balcony and got complaints?

and why is it that Wombat hasn't been the douchebag of the year? he and cheapy can be such dbags, but I find Wombat more annoying at times especially when he interupts a lot during the cast with corny jokes (though at times they are funny) or something stupid and/annoying to piss cheapy and the listeners off (and isnsults ship when he's there)

You forgot:

Cheers, Mork&Mindy and Webster.

Wombat wait until you have a second kid. No flying home for the 2nd one. IT's all old hat by then.

Alot of filler in this episode.

Great show guys. I'm relatively new to the CAGcast, so it was nice to hear CheapyD and Wombat talk a little bit about when they first started recording the show. I agree with CheapyD in that I enjoyed watching Three's Company. I feel that Al & Peg Bundy from "Married With Children" were essentially just younger versions of Mr. and Mrs. Roper. :p

Great show yet again.
loved the bashed off the stupidness of Microsoft. Was my favorite part by far.

Hey does anyone know how to get the Fetch The Love Knife CAG award?
Its something to do with stalking Wombat but i dont know what it is.
It seems the only two people that have the award are Whip Smart Banky and Super Programmer John,

Does anyone know?

thx a bunch

I was listening to this while studying for pharmacology... i laughed out loud and was like hell yea at the same time.

[quote name='stk i wvu']I was listening to this while studying for pharmacology... i laughed out loud and was like hell yea at the same time.[/QUOTE]
med or pharm school?

I LOVE YOUR SHOW, I AM DRUNK yeeaaaa

OK OK, you guys fighting towards the end, maaaaaaan, you guys are supposed to friends maaaan, its ruining the flow, but its ever so hilarious, LOL. keep it up, BABES

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm guesing the license transfer tool doesn't fix this...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']It's tied to the original console you installed it to. So maybe if you got the same console back you'd have better luck.[/QUOTE]

I think he is talking about the one time DRM transfer per year so you can do so you can play your games on a new 360 without having to be online. Here is a link to what he was referring.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

It's a race between Cheapy and Bobby Kotick for Douchebag of the Year in 2009. Cheapy doesn't have much more time to cement his victory.
[/QUOTE]

Bobby seemed to have it all locked up until Cheapy mentioned he had an affiliate program with the ECA. Way to cock block Bobby from Douche bag of the Year:applause:. I am also thinking that Hal Halpin is trying to make a strong run at it towards the end as well.

All kidding aside, have to give Cheapy props for admitting that tid bit. All that I was trying to convey is that Cheapy should mention how disapointed he is in the ECA to Hal and that its backfired in Cheapy and the communities faces. I agree with Cheapy that it probably will not do anything but at least Hal will officially know where CAG stands on the topic.

Good show, you can tell shipwreck is getting more comfortable in his seat and it's improving the show overall, keep it up guys!

I have to agree with what others have said, this was a great show! By the way, damn you, CheapyD, I got Homerun Battle 3D for my iPod Touch and now I can't stop playing. *shakes fist*

/tk

you should listen to this episode, and then episode 158. This episode has wombat talking about his army of two trip and how great it was and the past episode has both of them saying how biased it must be to review coverage if given a trip. It's hilarious.

bread's done
Back