Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

This is one system I've been wanting to pick up

Link

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 DAWG26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Nice price! Too bad I have lots of spending to do. :(

#3 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Very tempting. Free shipping too.

Anyone know how faithful it is to the original Genesis?

#4 thepik241   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

• Golden Axe
  • Crack Down
  • Altered Beast
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Alex the Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja
  • Columns III
  • Gain Ground
  • Arrow Flash
  • Ecco Jr.
  • Flicky
  • Decap Attack
  • Cyber Police ESWAT City Under Siege
  • Alien Storm
  • Shadow Dancer
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Jewel Master
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Dr. Robotnik‚Äôs Mean Bean Machine
It looks like a Chinese knockoff to be honest...haha...
Goats Eating Clocks

#5 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7574 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

I got one awhile back and started testing through a bunch of my games. I've been meaning to shoot a video, but it's a pretty good unit for $25. There are some issues with quite a few of the Acclaim games running slower than they do on an original Genesis. For example, the Spider-Man series of brawlers run very choppy. I'd say at least 80% of my collection ran well though.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#6 Purkeynator   Cheap before it was cool CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Purkeynator

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info Ship. I should have known you would get this, you are a pack-rat like me. I already have a Genesis 3 but for some reason am considering buying this. I have a real fascination with clone systems lately. My latest interest is that new portable SNES http://stoneagegamer...rtablesnes.aspx . They were having a discussion about it on the digitpress forums.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#7 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

Nice price. I still say get a PSP with CFW and be done with it but thats me

#8 mogamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

The only thing that makes this a deal is the fact that it comes with 20 games pre-loaded. You can find real Gennys everywhere for $20 or less at any flea market in America. And sometimes they come with games at that price.

What I want is one of the new portable Genesis clones.

#9 cartoondream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

cartoondream

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

I agree with jacknicklson - PSP w/ CFW is pretty awesome and should be considered.

#10 Tsukento   King of Pirates CAGiversary!   3651 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

No you don't. They have terrible sound. Really kills the music for games like Streets of Rage 2.

#11 Feral Lynx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Feral Lynx

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Eh.... is this even worth it? I mean, the Sega Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 seems like a way better deal. And you can get it for $19.99 on Amazon.

#12 LegendK1ll3r  

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

I ordered one. My Genesis 3 broke along time ago, and I've just had old games sitting around here for awhile. Finally being able to hook it up and play them again would be awesome; and for $25, you really can't beat that.

Posted Image

#13 padlok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

I might have to get this!

I've been wanting to play Mutant League Football, Gunstar Heros and Earthworm Jim again.

#14 AssaultSuit   AKA AssaultSuit CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

AssaultSuit

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

I got one awhile back and started testing through a bunch of my games. I've been meaning to shoot a video, but it's a pretty good unit for $25. There are some issues with quite a few of the Acclaim games running slower than they do on an original Genesis. For example, the Spider-Man series of brawlers run very choppy. I'd say at least 80% of my collection ran well though.

Shipwreck, how do the controllers compare with the official Sega 6 buttons? They look very similar.

MjC

6567.png

#15 bungletrpg   :D CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

The only thing that makes this a deal is the fact that it comes with 20 games pre-loaded. You can find real Gennys everywhere for $20 or less at any flea market in America. And sometimes they come with games at that price.

Just get a Nomad. :P
Posted Image

#16 Fire_Thief   Banned Banned   2873 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Fire_Thief

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

This is a cool deal. :)

#17 JaroldL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   912 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

ahhh, i still have my old genesis! gotta find it one day.. it's hidden somewhere in the attic. those good 'ol days.

#18 mogamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Just get a Nomad. :P

I already have a Nomad. But I wanted something that already has some games installed so I wouldn't have to drag so many around with me. ;)

#19 Purkeynator   Cheap before it was cool CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Purkeynator

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

I watched a youtube review that said the original sega controllers worked much better than the ones that come with this. Anyone know what the sd compatibility is for?
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#20 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Pseudo 32-bit games? Does that mean that the 32X works with
the unit? Is this the one with the games that are officially licensed?

#21 LegendK1ll3r  

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Just went on eBay and did some Genesis shopping; got the following for about $62 shipped.

The Tick, Road Rash II, True Lies, Ren & Stimpy's Invention, Alladin, AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, Cool Spot, Spot Goes to Hollywood, and Maximum Carnage.

I still have Mickey Mania, Earthworm Jim, Clue, Vectorman, Bubsy and a bunch of others in my closet; otherwise would have got them too.

Hopefully this system will bring back some good memories; and remind me and maybe break me from my curse of constantly only wanting to play games with achievements or trophies, haha.

Posted Image

#22 charlescheese   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

charlescheese

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Just buy the Sonic Mega Genesis Collection for the PS3/360. You get all of those games, you don't have to have a piece of garbage taking up space by your tv and inputs on your tv, you get trophies, achievements, and it's about the same price.

Oh and did I mention that you get a LOT more games, including the Phantasy Star games, which are worth the price alone.

I wouldn't buy this cheap thing folks.

#23 souljah420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

legend ~ u coulda got those games much cheaper on my tradelist!
For Sale / For Trade List

#24 GohanX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:15 PM

Personally I would just get a cheap Genesis off of ebay for playing at home. However, I have the Retrogen (one of the portable clones) and it is fantastic. Yeah the sound is off, but it's still awesome and it retired my Nomad.

#25 LegendK1ll3r  

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

legend ~ u coulda got those games much cheaper on my tradelist!

I'll consider that for when I want to order more, then.

Posted Image

#26 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Whats SD compatibility? Ummmm this looks interesting

#27 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

$10 off if you use ebillme and code: buy10dec

With ebillme, you use your bank's bill pay feature to send them the payment for your buy.com order. Quick, painless, with no giving out information whatsoever.

#28 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Just buy the Sonic Mega Genesis Collection for the PS3/360. You get all of those games, you don't have to have a piece of garbage taking up space by your tv and inputs on your tv, you get trophies, achievements, and it's about the same price.

Oh and did I mention that you get a LOT more games, including the Phantasy Star games, which are worth the price alone.

This

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

I still have a Genesis Model 3 sitting collecting dust in the basement. I bought it from a flea market complete with a six button controller and I used it ONCE to test it out.

I have a bunch of games for it that I'd consider letting go with it for like $35 shipped.

I'm just sick of seeing it collect dust.

I always wanted a Nomad back in the day, but there was no way I would ever pay full MSRP for it. Plus, the thing looked like it ate through batteries like a pig.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#30 Casteor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

Exactly.

Btw, its called Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin