CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re on your smartphone and can’t view the TIVs on Amazon’s website, here’s a link that takes ‘snapshots’ of TIVs. It’s not in real time, but it can give you a quick idea of what the values are on your mobile:

http://ativ.scurker.com (Thanks to BlueLobstah)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here's to hoping we get a new Trade-In promo soon- it seems like Amazon is matching everyone's prices and deals, but as far as Trade-In promotions go, I'm sure we can agree Amazon is lacking... Though the Trade-In of the day does seem to have flipping opportunities on occasion. :D

This is my first time trading into Amazon. Some of them are games from the Hollywood Video sale. Should I expect to get these games rejected since they are in the crappy HWV case and no manual?

[quote name='anthfett06']This is my first time trading into Amazon. Some of them are games from the Hollywood Video sale. Should I expect to get these games rejected since they are in the crappy HWV case and no manual?[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you someone took the time to write out a nice long FAQ!

Now, where did we put that ;)

[quote name='2&2']For anyone who ordered from Assassin's Creed II from amazon, what UPC code did it have? Was it 008888525349 ? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I should have specified I meant the 360 version.

The exclusive best buy version with the map code inside has a different UPC (008888220077). The normal one is 008888525349.

What's weird is that if I search for the UPC from the best buy version (008888220077) on on Amazon in their trade-in search, it brings up one result. However if I search using the standard UPC (008888525349), it brings up two results, one the same as what comes up when searching using the best buy UPC, and another listing with about half the trade-in value. It's really weird that they have the bestuy UPC listed here:
http://amapedia.amazon.com/view/Assassin%27s+Creed+II/asin=B00269DXCK

So, I guess what I'm worried about is if I trade my copy in that they won't recognize the correct UPC and won't give credit or only give the lower priced credit.

Has anyone successfully traded this in? If so where did you buy it from and did it have bonus DLC inside? Thanks!

[quote name='jacknicklson']Lucky for you someone took the time to write out a nice long FAQ!

Now, where did we put that ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes I read the FAQ. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever sent in the HWV cases specifically to Amazon.

[quote name='handsomepete']If you’re on your smartphone and can’t view the TIVs on Amazon’s website, here’s a link that takes ‘snapshots’ of TIVs. It’s not in real time, but it can give you a quick idea of what the values are on your mobile:

http://ativ.scurker.com (Thanks to BlueLobstah)

http://tradeharvest.x10hosting.com/ (Thanks to kojubat) -- Not working as of 12/10/09[/QUOTE]

nice, thanks for this. been looking for one ever since my friend bothered about this.

So is there no promotion going on right now? I have $100 worth of video games and DVD's I want to trade it but I'm unsure if there is a promo going on or if I should wait.

At the end of the post it says

"3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only"

Is that when the promo expires or the coupon that you get for those promo's expire?

[quote name='Manning']So is there no promotion going on right now? I have $100 worth of video games and DVD's I want to trade it but I'm unsure if there is a promo going on or if I should wait.

At the end of the post it says

"3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only"

Is that when the promo expires or the coupon that you get for those promo's expire?[/QUOTE]

Correct, no promo at the moment. And that is when those coupons expire. So if anyone still has one sitting around better use it quick!

Looking on Amazon's forums it looks like some people have had a rough time with trading stuff in. How has your guys experiences been?

Handsomepete, You may want to add to the OP that the promos listed are expired. Otherwise, I think there will be a lot of people asking like Manning. Thanks for taking over the thread.

Got a question. I'm trying to trade in blazblue for 360 but there are 2 options to trade in, regular $17.50 and limited edition $25. Now i bought the limited edition but sold the extra stuff like artbook and soundtrack on ebay so now i just have the game/case/manual. Which option do i pick to trade in and is there a way to make sure it wont get rejected because i picked the wrong one?

[quote name='sleepy180']Got a question. I'm trying to trade in blazblue for 360 but there are 2 options to trade in, regular $17.50 and limited edition $25. Now i bought the limited edition but sold the extra stuff like artbook and soundtrack on ebay so now i just have the game/case/manual. Which option do i pick to trade in and is there a way to make sure it wont get rejected because i picked the wrong one?[/QUOTE]

I typed in the UPC from the game inside the box and it sent me to a link of the standard edition. The artbook wasn't officially part of the LE but since you don't have the bonus discs/soundtrack/box with the LE upc you wouldn't have a problem trading it in as the standard edition.

i'll be honest i love trading into amazon so far. got 10 games saturday from hwv kept three traded other 7 to amazon for 74 in credit. took me less then a week to get my credit and less then 2o minutes at work to use it on christmas presents.

[quote name='Sway']I typed in the UPC from the game inside the box and it sent me to a link of the standard edition. The artbook wasn't officially part of the LE but since you don't have the bonus discs/soundtrack/box with the LE upc you wouldn't have a problem trading it in as the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

thanks man. just wanted to make sure there was no returns because of a different UPC

[quote name='sleepy180']Got a question. I'm trying to trade in blazblue for 360 but there are 2 options to trade in, regular $17.50 and limited edition $25. Now i bought the limited edition but sold the extra stuff like artbook and soundtrack on ebay so now i just have the game/case/manual. Which option do i pick to trade in and is there a way to make sure it wont get rejected because i picked the wrong one?[/QUOTE]

I traded in the Limited Version of Blazblue a while back with just the game/blu-ray/box and they accepted it. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with just the game for the standard edition.

They just credited me for my latest trade where I had 3 copies of Ultimate I-spy for $36.00 each. Paid $9 for each of them used at Gamestop. Also traded in Drawn to Life on DS. Paid $8 and traded in for $18. Thank you BlueLobstah for the daily tracker!

I only had 1 copy of Drawn to Life and I submitted 3 on the site. Looks like they still accept trade-ins that way so you don't have to update your total and lose out on a price dropping.

I wanted to provide a further update on my rejected as "damaged" brand new GTA from last week. It came back in the mail. The case and the cover art looked as if they lost a fight with a shark. That said, the funny thing is that the game disk and the GTA guide book and manual were untouched. As posted, when I sent the game it was only out of the shrink wrap for a few minutes.

Anyway, yesterday I had my third ever game rejected. This was a HWV copy of call of duty. The disk was not in great shape but I am uncertain whether they are claiming that was the "damage" or whether they unleased their shark on another one of my packages. I will keep the board posted because I'm a little concerned that NorAm is being far less careful opening packages.

How long does it normally take to go from 'not yet received' to whatever the next step (processing) is? UPS shows they've had it since yesterday, but nothing's changed in my trade account.

It's me being antsy, I know, but still.

I'm fairly certain that NorAm is swapping out bad copies from smaller new orders with larger high volume orders. I've had it happen a couple of times where I did not receive the same thing I sent, and I've noticed that smaller orders under other names go through without a hitch.

[quote name='anthfett06']This is my first time trading into Amazon. Some of them are games from the Hollywood Video sale. Should I expect to get these games rejected since they are in the crappy HWV case and no manual?[/QUOTE]

Yes, especially now. You might have slipped a few through 3 or 4 months ago, but they seem to be pickier now.

[quote name='Manning']Looking on Amazon's forums it looks like some people have had a rough time with trading stuff in. How has your guys experiences been?[/QUOTE]

As I said above, they've gotten worse.

[quote name='converse']I'm fairly certain that NorAm is swapping out bad copies from smaller new orders with larger high volume orders. I've had it happen a couple of times where I did not receive the same thing I sent, and I've noticed that smaller orders under other names go through without a hitch.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... This is troubling... I had one sent back to me last week because it was a HWV "half-cover" (front was good, back was HWV info though the UPC was the same). Fair enough, but today I just got a notice that two games I sent in (2 of the same game, actually) are being returned because of "Missing Item". These were near mint and complete PS3 games so I have no idea what the problem is here. This is my first WTF!? trade moment so far in dealing with them since early summer. I had one back then where they said a disc was cracked and when I got it back it did have the tiniest of minuscule cracks near the center (not effecting play in any way). But at least it was there. This "missing item" thing is BS though. It will be interesting to see what I get back. The trade-in value is still the same so it wasn't because it had a big drop or something and they are trying to weasel out of it.

At least with the one they rejected last week I got it back quickly - since they can't use media mail any more it comes back much faster at least compared to those trades in the summer (where it took nearly a month from when I mailed till when I got them back). The strange thing was that it came addressed from a person in NYC, I think, which is odd given NorAm's NH/MA location. At first I thought it was a CAG trade I had completely forgotten about :lol:.

Still, though, I don't want to scare you off - it is well worth sending stuff to them in general. I mean, the games I chose to send in to NorAm for the most part got me more in trade-in credit than they would have at GS even with their promos (either the tiered one or the $5 bonus currently running). And I'd much rather have Amazon credit than GS credit. If worse comes to worst, I can always trade the stuff they reject in to GS as long as they continue to return it in a timely fashion. But to save yourself some potential hassle, always trade complete stuff with original cover art and case to Amazon and also make sure it is the "standard" UPC version (and not an alternate like the GS Batman Arkham Asylum or a "not for resale" item like GHWT from a bundle). Even though it is dopey of them to reject these items (as they are the same game and no other used game retailer has a problem taking them) that's just the way they operate so it is best to avoid those trades to save yourself the hassle.

To be honest, I've never had problems. All my 60ish trade-in's in the last few months have gone in fine.

And even if I get screwed in a trade, I won't stop trading in to Amazon. I'll just drop the shit they send back off at a GameStop Trade 6 for 40% extra TIV promo or something.

Amazon Credit is way too useful to cut off the avenue, even with a few bullshit cases being brought to light.

Well based on your advice I went and took my HWV games to GS and just used all that credit to purchase 6 games (thanks to GS B2G1) worth high value at Amazon. I should be getting $202.xx in Amazon credit. Each game is in mint condition being as they are all newly released games. Only thing is when I got home I realized Brutal Legend didn't have the manual, so I'm kind of expecting to get that one back from Amazon...

[quote name='anthfett06']Well based on your advice I went and took my HWV games to GS and just used all that credit to purchase 6 games (thanks to GS B2G1) worth high value at Amazon. I should be getting $202.xx in Amazon credit. Each game is in mint condition being as they are all newly released games. Only thing is when I got home I realized Brutal Legend didn't have the manual, so I'm kind of expecting to get that one back from Amazon...[/QUOTE]

If you haven't sent them in yet then go and ask for a manual from GS. Or you can return the one you bought and exchange it for one with a manual (perfectly acceptible to do this if you are in the 7-day used game return window). They would probably just prefer to give you a manual from another copy than process a return/repurchase though. I intend to do the same thing today with an Animal Crossing that I got that has the Wii Speak bundle UPC - not sure how to explain that to the GS clerks though ;). I think what I'm going to do is take the one in the worst condition (I got 3 to trade in) and just say I want a better one and also swap the case out at the same time.

Do you have to drop off trade-ins to a UPS store or can I drop them off at a UPS box 'cause theres an office building up the street from my house that has a UPS box and the UPS store is like 10 miles away from my place?

I think NorAm has smartened up to the Amazon deals now. I actually saw last night at 10pm EST that Tekken 6 for both 360 and PS3 down to $10. I was shocked when I saw that and it finally made sense today when they had the Tekken 6 games for cheap. I think the TIV for Tekken 6 will go back up eventually, but the drop right now was to try and divert people from flipping the game back so easily. I remember when before NorAm TIVs would lag behind Amazon sales, making it easy to purchase and flip back. Those days are probably over now. :(

^^^ I'm actually relieved because I thought I missed an opportunity there. I wasn't interested in the game so I passed on the DotD last night but then it hit me today I should have checked the trade-in value. So it was $10 even before the DotD started, eh?

In other news, I had a 7 game submission for $90+ accepted a few days after having that mystery rejection ("Missing item" on a mint/complete game). I have yet to get that one back. I have another package to send in today and another subission that I made last night. But like the rest of you I keep spending the money :lol:. I just bought my mom a Flip Video HD camera for Christmas: so in effect, I turned roughly 12 HWV $4.99 games into that - not too bad.

I didn't see this question but I think I know the answer.

If I lock in my games, but don't send one for some reason, they'll still just accept what I send correct?

So my 360 Cloudy and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (both Target versions) got rejected. I dislike the inconsistency in trading in games.

[quote name='dallow']I didn't see this question but I think I know the answer.

If I lock in my games, but don't send one for some reason, they'll still just accept what I send correct?[/QUOTE]

In my experience yes. They credited me for what they received and left the order open for the remainder until it expired.

I have to mail an item by the 20th, but it's the weekend and will probably not be sent until the 21st even if I drop it off at a location now. Should I just cancel my trade-in, or will it still be accepted?

[quote name='3peen']I have to mail an item by the 20th, but it's the weekend and will probably not be sent until the 21st even if I drop it off at a location now. Should I just cancel my trade-in, or will it still be accepted?[/QUOTE]

I think others have sent things in even a few days after the deadline and they've been fine - YMMV of course.

I just had an 8-game trade accepted, no problems and in record time, too - I just mailed the on the 11th, so 8 days from drop-off to acceptance which is the fastest yet with UPS (with the old USPS media mail option I had some 4-5 day turnarounds).

I had one accepted the other day with no problem too. But just today I got back my 2 mint complete PS3 games (from the trade before that one) with "Missing Item" stickers on them. Hmmmm... I see a disc, an original case with original cover art and correct UPC, and a manual in each one. WTF!? Well, at least they are sending things back faster than they used to.

so finally got a game rejected---it says game return damage item---and i know that there is no way that that is possible--as i put in the games -in my harddrive to test them--the artbox/manual/game were in good condition--then i put the 3 games ina bubble mailer and still wrapped some of that bubble thing around the games--

this is b.s--i took extra care in shipping them since i heard something about noram cutting up game boxes n stuff. n e one have anything done about them messing up your games?

[quote name='youenvy']so finally got a game rejected---it says game return damage item---and i know that there is no way that that is possible--as i put in the games -in my harddrive to test them--the artbox/manual/game were in good condition--then i put the 3 games ina bubble mailer and still wrapped some of that bubble thing around the games--

this is b.s--i took extra care in shipping them since i heard something about noram cutting up game boxes n stuff. n e one have anything done about them messing up your games?[/QUOTE]

I feel for you man, that's BS!

[quote name='youenvy']so finally got a game rejected---it says game return damage item---and i know that there is no way that that is possible--as i put in the games -in my harddrive to test them--the artbox/manual/game were in good condition--then i put the 3 games ina bubble mailer and still wrapped some of that bubble thing around the games--

this is b.s--i took extra care in shipping them since i heard something about noram cutting up game boxes n stuff. n e one have anything done about them messing up your games?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had that happen with games, but apparently the Live Vision Camera that I just sent them straight out of the packaging (got it free) got damaged in transit. I'm awaiting the return to see if it indeed is broken or what happened to it.

Also, I got f-ed on trying to trade in The Bigs for 360. When it came out, there was a separate version of the cover with I think Joe Mauer on it that was exclusive to Best Buy, and the rest of retail stores had Albert Pujols. I bought them Best Buy version when it came out, for no reason in particular other than Reward Zone points. It's the same damn game, just with a different cover. Granted it's only like a $5 TIV, but still. I can't believe it got rejected for being the "item not as described" or whatever the email I got said.

[quote name='bigredvan14']
Also, I got f-ed on trying to trade in The Bigs for 360. When it came out, there was a separate version of the cover with I think Joe Mauer on it that was exclusive to Best Buy, and the rest of retail stores had Albert Pujols. I bought them Best Buy version when it came out, for no reason in particular other than Reward Zone points. It's the same damn game, just with a different cover. Granted it's only like a $5 TIV, but still. I can't believe it got rejected for being the "item not as described" or whatever the email I got said.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this right here is the biggest problem with NorAm. There is no reason for them to reject these other than stupidity. It costs them money to have to send them back, after all, when they had a perfectly valid game on their hands.

gimme a promo dammit! :bomb:

Don't forget to check your expiration dates on past promo coupons. The $30 off any game coupon is set to expire on 12/31.

I traded in 2 text books. I paid for the shipping since the pre-paid postage only said 1 pound on it. It arrived at the place today. Does it take a couple days for them to process it and get the gift card? I hope that my not using their postage doesn't affect it.

[quote name='io']Yeah, this right here is the biggest problem with NorAm. There is no reason for them to reject these other than stupidity. It costs them money to have to send them back, after all, when they had a perfectly valid game on their hands.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is why it puzzles me with the shipping. I gotta think it's more of a hassle to send something back to the customer. Would it be too much to look inside the case to realize that it's the same game, everything is the same name, and the UPC should not be different at all? I could see if it was a printed out cover or something I found on the internet (like I've done for used games bought at Gamestop), but everything is original. I may give them a call once I get the game back to see if that is indeed the reason it wasn't accepted, and to politely explain why they are idiots. Like I said, it's only $5, but I'd rather not let this go.

[quote name='icedrake523']I traded in 2 text books. I paid for the shipping since the pre-paid postage only said 1 pound on it. It arrived at the place today. Does it take a couple days for them to process it and get the gift card? I hope that my not using their postage doesn't affect it.[/QUOTE]

I think I got my credit about 2 days after they received my shipment of games. It takes a little time once its scanned by UPS as "delivered," and then for them to actually open everything up, inspect, process a card, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back