Richard Burns Rally/Wireless Adapter Availability

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I'm looking for the US version of Richard Burns Rally and a wireless adapter for my original xbox. RBR isn't even in Gamestop's system although I'm 99% sure they released it in the US. Anyone seen these in the wild recently?

Found this on another forum:

I'm a little late in replying, but in case anyone ever reads this and is interested, this was never released in North America for the Xbox or Playstation 2.

Conspiracy Entertainment picked up the rights and announced a Xbox release, but release dates came and went without a release, they cancelled it just days after announcing it for reasons that have yet to been explained.. Microsoft even included it on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility list for North America, that's how close it came to being released late in the Xbox's lifespan.

And sadly, the European release isn't region free (A few PAL exclusives on the Xbox were, such as Taito Legends 2 with several exclusive games on it that the PS2 release that made it out here didn't include).

I suggest the PC release. Seems to have a thriving community and a lot of mods available. If you imported a Xbox and a copy of this game, got the necessary step up converter, and had a display that would work with PAL signals, you'd still be faced with no decent wheel. You could import a 360 and use a 360 wheel, but no force feedback. And if you went the PS2 import route, you'd have the ugliest version of the game.

Wow. Thanks. I never realized that it actually didn't make it out. Considering it was on the BC list and IGN reviewed it I never thought otherwise although I'm not surprised. Why is it still on the BC list then? Oh well, still looking for a wireless adapter.

Oh and I guess I may pick up a PC copy since they're cheap and plentiful cause I do have a PS2 euro import and they're right as the graphics are not so hot.

bread's done
Back