[DEAD] 50% off Select Media Blasters Releases (Anime / Live-Action) @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
50% off Select Media Blasters Titles @ BestBuy.com

Discount taken off from BestBuy.com's listed price. 755 eligible titles including anime & live-action. If the link fails try this and click on link that says 50% off. Expiration Date: End of the Week? (12/26)

MB Sale @ BestBuy.com - Possible Sales Sampling...(Product Availability May Vary After This Posting)

Last edited by a moderator:
some good stuff here..may have to hurt the wallet again!!!!

OP, you may want to include the 99 cent shipping promo too. Pretty dam good! thanks for the heads up.

damn, looks like I'll be spending some money.

edit: ordered

Black Magic 2 (sucked compared to the first one but have been needing to upgrade my boot vhs for collection purposes)
Blade the Immortal vol 1
Blade the Immortal vol 2
EXTE
Frankenstein Conquers The World (present)
Gamera The Brave
Kamen Rider First
Latitude Zero (present)
Lone Wolf & Cub Collection 1 (upgrading my boots)
Lone Wolf & Cub Vol 4
Lone Wolf & Cub Vol 5
Lone Wolf & Cub Vol 6
Mantango (present)
Samurai School
The Neighbor No. 13
Varan (present)

[quote name='quatrevav35']
edit: btw anyone know if this sale is in stores also or online only?[/QUOTE]

they should match it as it isn't in the outlet section of the store

[quote name='B:L']Silly Kirin, you forgot the Moribito sets and OtoBoku.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I love Moribito, but I'm holding out for a cheap complete collection down the road. And I loathe OtoBoku with every fiber of my being, so I most certainly didn't forget that.

Thanks, OP. Definitely going to get the last half of Moribito I haven't bought yet, and I was considering picking up those remastered DVDs for Berserk, too. I already have the series and the box of war, but for 15 bucks, it's hard to resist.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Oh, I love Moribito, but I'm holding out for a cheap complete collection down the road. And I loathe OtoBoku with every fiber of my being, so I most certainly didn't forget that.[/QUOTE]

Really? I liked it well enough for what it was. I even wrote a review for it:

[size=+3]Welcome to B:L's Let's Review![/size]

Featuring:

OtoBoku (Maidens Are Falling For Me)
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

This review is spoiler-free as much as possible, so enjoy!

OtoBoku is a slice-of-life school story about

mizuho01.jpg

this disco-fabulous young person. Who is actually a man. The anime is based off the H-game, but since it contains underaged pre-marital necrophilia in a chapel that would be totally inappropriate in a Christian game, let's focus on the anime series for now.

In the OtoBoku universe, a devastating plague has swept through humanity, killing many in its path. The list of victims include Ichiko, Kana's foster mother, Yukari's sister, and Mizuho's mother and grandfather. It almost took the life of Sion as well.

To repopulate the world, Mizuho's mother and grandfather formed a plan before their demise. Mizuho would be raised as a girl where he is forbidden to cut his hair, and sent to the All-Girls Christianity academy to convert those hellbound yuri-lesbians into wholesome married children-bearing mothers. This is how traps are born.

In order to accomplish this, Mizuho's grandfather put in his will that Mizuho should attend that academy as his last request, and that Mizuho's childhood friend Mariya should watch over him and make sure his mission is accomplished.

otoboku01.jpg

After being shoujo'd up by Mariya, he is given the school of hard My Fair Lady knocks. He is beaten until his cover is absolute. This is what happens for leaving the toilet seat up.

mariya01.jpg

Unfortunately for him, Mariya does too good of a job. There is a class election on who becomes the Prettiest Princess, and Mizuho becomes the forerunner. This is a problem, because that spot was being vied for by the Student Class President, Tsunderella.

tsunderella01.jpg

But with the power of mixed signals and mixed genders, he manages to warm the cuckolds of her heart and win her over.

tsunderella02.jpg

Still, they constantly butt heads over administrative issues, leaving Tsunderella confused and frustrated as to her feelings. All according to keikaku.

Mizuho manages to make an array of friends as well, building up his harem.

First, there's Sion.

sion01.jpg

She has really long hair that allows her to bundle up as a cocoon. This allowed her to survive the plague but she was still severely weakened by it. She is the quickest to see through Mizuho's androgeny because he doesn't like girly erasers.

Next is Ichiko, a ghost.

ichiko01.jpg

She was Mizuho's mother's lesbian lover, but fell victim to the plague. Since Mizuho looks so much like his mother, Ichiko has returned for some lovin'. Her last memory was that Mizuho's mother wishing that she was a man herself, so since Mizuho actually is a man this is a dream come true for her.

There's also two other students at the dorm, Yukari whose track star sister succumbed to the plague, and Kana who is a Chiyo-like with a foster mother that gave her Chiyo-hair-ribbons before she passed from plagueness.

This series has been described as bland. I don't think so. I believe it is a good slice of life series that focuses squarely on the characters and their development. Mizuho helps others as both the perfect gentlemen and perfect lady, blurring gender lines and furthering the anti-lesbian convertion cause.

Of course, he runs into spots of trouble himself

mizuho02.jpg

But problems are quickly resolved.

mizuho03.jpg

I recommend this series for anyone who would enjoy something simple yet elegant. It may not stand out, but it is warm and soft to the touch. Like Mizuho's fake rack, according to the show in which he gets molested several times.

The music isn't anything spectacular, but the OP and ED are very catchy, so please consider checking it out. I hope this review gave you a good impression of what this series is like. It is Raspberry Heaven.

raspberryotoboku.jpg

Here's my choice picks from the sale:

Moribito double-packs $15
Giant Robo set $7.50
Kujibiki Unbalance set $12.50
Ah My Goddess 1st Season $17.50
Ah My Goddess Complete set $22.50
Green Green $7.50
Twelve Kingdoms Complete Series $25
Berserk Complete Series $15
Grenadier Complete Series $10
Phoenix Collection $10
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan $8.50
Ramen Fighter Miki set $12.50
Kashimashi set $7.50
Magic Knight Rayearth set $20
Golden Boy $7.50
Midori Days Complete Collection $10
Shira no Toki set $22.50
Kurogane Communication set $17.50
Elf Princess Rane $6.50
OtoBoku Complete Series $12.50

Do you think the Simoun complete set is on sale as well? I know they stock it but it's not even listed on their site.

[quote name='shinryu333']Kirin Lemon, do you know if that Berserk and Ah! My Goddess Season 1 are slims or regular size dvds in set?[/QUOTE]

thats looks like the remaster Berserk which is in slim pack

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Okay people, listen up. You need to buy the following:

Midori Days: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Midori+Days%3A+The+Complete+Collection+%5B4+Discs%5D+-+Dubbed+-+DVD/8620414.p?id=1762729&skuId=8620414&st=Media_Blasters_Sale_20091213&lp=23&cp=5
[/QUOTE]
... Srsly?
[quote name='62t']Gaogaigar is on the list too[/QUOTE]
This times a sextuple million billion.

edit: also, for those asking about slim sets, I don't think MediaBlasters releases any slim packs. I can't remember ever seeing one anyway. But, they have done some brick packs, ew...

Those are some damn good prices on some pretty decent titles. Too bad I already own most of the ones that I'd be interested in but maybe I'll find a couple I can order.

[quote name='shinryu333']Kirin Lemon, do you know if that Berserk and Ah! My Goddess Season 1 are slims or regular size dvds in set?[/QUOTE]

They're both in liteboxes. The Berserk set is six discs fit into a normal DVD-sized case. The Ah! My Goddess set is six discs fit into a case that's about one-and-a-half times the size of a normal DVD case.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']... Srsly?[/QUOTE]

It was a guilty pleasure of mine back when it first aired. The premise alone had me laughing pretty hard. I had fun with it.

Arrgh, debating whether or not to pick up Tweeny Witches...

Damn it... if this sale is still going on when my reward zone certs come in, I'm cashing those in towards some anime.

EDIT: Also, my Fry's grocery stores (Kroger, etc for you other folks) was doing a deal for buying 100 dollars worth of giftcards, including Best Buy, and getting 10 bucks off. So 10 dollars off for a hundred dollar anime purchase (which is easy to do) is something, even little. I think the deal ends today though.

Damn it! Man... seriously... have to stop looking at this site :whistle2:( Have to get Ah My Goddess Collection... anybody knows what the difference is between collection & season 1?

[quote name='Greenboom98']Damn it! Man... seriously... have to stop looking at this site :whistle2:( Have to get Ah My Goddess Collection... anybody knows what the difference is between collection & season 1?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they're the exact same thing, likely with very minor differences in cover art. Get the cheaper one. I can guarantee you that the disc contents are the exact same.

lol...just found it. didn't even notice it on almost every page on BB

99¢ shipping offer is limited to items that can be sent using our standard shipping service, via UPS, the United States Postal Service (USPS), and other carriers.

Offer excludes enhanced shipping options, such as expedited or express service. It also excludes Dynex® TVs and items that require scheduled delivery, such as major appliances, select entertainment furniture, outdoor furniture and fitness equipment. 99¢ shipping on each item will be applied during checkout if your order meets these conditions. Please note that there will be a 99¢ charge on each individual product in a package or bundle.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Arrgh, debating whether or not to pick up Tweeny Witches...[/QUOTE]

Well if you have not seen it, the anime is delightful and trippy. I would die to play a video game looking like that. That said the story could grate some nerves if you cant stand super positive love can save the world story aimed at youth.

[quote name='madara']Well if you have not seen it, the anime is delightful and trippy. I would die to play a video game looking like that. That said the story could grate some nerves if you cant stand super positive love can save the world story aimed at youth.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the majority of it. I remember it having a lot of potential, but it was marred down with some rather severe pacing, editing, and animation issues. I agree with you that the visual style is great, though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoa, you can get Ichi The Killer on blu (Pre-order) for $12.60. That's pretty hot

edit: lol Mako[/QUOTE]

hahaha gota love posting the same stuff at the same time...

man i wanna grab it so bad.... damn xmas presents. this might just be one to myself.

Damn, I spent like $25 on individual volumes of Kenshin (about 4-5 eps per volume) a few years back and now they have whole seasons for $29.50 :bomb:

I want to get so much to have, but I'm more keen on having it on Blu. Kenshin on Blu needs to happen, and Sailor Moon too! lol

Anyone know where I can get a complete listing of all anime on blu?

And what's the difference between when they say TV seasons VS non-tv seasons?

I swear I'm about to stop looking for anime deals here.... I just made a huge order >_< More than my rightstuf.com sale purchases. AGH I'm not gonna name everything, but it came to over $250....

For those interested in any of the live action stuff, I recommend Machine Girl, Tokyo Gore Police, and one of the best Korean comedies ever in Attack Of The Gas Station. :)

I enjoyed Ah! My Goddess! I also recommend that. I finished both Seasons with-in a week, since I was hooked on it for some reason.

- Phoenix Is also good, but I wonder if they fixed the disks.

Is Loveless, Strawberry Panic!,Green Green or Samurai Deeper Kyo any good? I tried looking up ratings on AnimeNewsNetWork, but they are always good to perfect for any series I've looked up.

Awwwwwww, crap. Bought most of the stuff Kirin recommended during the media blasters right stuf sale, Payed more than I could have with this one. :(

I might pick up 12 kingdoms, though, since I didn't get that one.

[quote name='Brian9824']Missed a few good ones Kirin Lemon

Magic Knight Rayearth Seasons 1&2 collection- $20
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Magic+Knight+Rayearth%3A+Seasons+1+%26+2+%5B13+Discs%5D+-+DVD/8152955.p?id=1602425&skuId=8152955&st=Media_Blasters_Sale_20091213&lp=23&cp=3

Golden Boy: The Complete Series [2 Discs][Dubbed Subtitle] - DVD -$7.50
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Golden+...91&st=Media_Blasters_Sale_20091213&lp=27&cp=3[/QUOTE]
I struggle to call Rayearth "good," but yeah, somehow I left out Golden Boy. Whoops.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']
Is Loveless, Strawberry Panic!,Green Green or Samurai Deeper Kyo any good? I tried looking up ratings on AnimeNewsNetWork, but they are always good to perfect for any series I've looked up.[/QUOTE]

Loveless might qualify as passable. The rest of those should be avoided at all costs.

Thanks.
I'm thinking about Ordering -
Twelve Kingdoms, Golden Boy, Magic Knight Rayearth: Seasons 1 & 2,Love Less,Princess Princess: Complete Collection, and Midori Days.

Anything else I should leave out?

What was bad about Rayearth?

- For the Princes Princess Collection, One is 1:75:1 for 7.50, the other is 1:85:1 (Wide Screen Enhanced) for 10.00. Is the 2.50 worth it? I'm just wondering what the difference is between 1:75 and 1:85.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Thanks.
I'm thinking about Ordering -
Twelve Kingdoms, Golden Boy, Magic Knight Rayearth: Seasons 1 & 2,Love Less,Princess Princess: Complete Collection, and Midori Days.

Anything else I should leave out?

What was bad about Rayearth?

- For the Princes Princess Collection, One is 1:75:1 for 7.50, the other is 1:85:1 (Wide Screen Enhanced) for 10.00. Is the 2.50 worth it? I'm just wondering what the difference is between 1:75 and 1:85.[/QUOTE]

Rayearth isn't exactly bad, per say, but it's a very dated-looking older fantasy show that doesn't hold up very well.

I don't know what's going on with those Princess Princess sets, but I can't imagine that Media Blasters pressed two different versions of them. I suspect it's Best Buy's error, and they're identical. In any case, it's not a good show, and you might want to reconsider.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I don't know what's going on with those Princess Princess sets, but I can't imagine that Media Blasters pressed two different versions of them. I suspect it's Best Buy's error, and they're identical. In any case, it's not a good show, and you might want to reconsider.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with Kirin. Skip Princesss Princess and go with OtoBoku instead.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']

- Phoenix Is also good, but I wonder if they fixed the disks.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from best buy when they were "restructuring" their anime section and it had the messed up disk problem.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah, I agree with Kirin. Skip Princesss Princess and go with OtoBoku instead.[/QUOTE]

Better still, avoid both. Like the plague.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Better still, avoid both. Like the plague.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, None of them really caught my interest.
I should read descriptions more carefully :/

bread's done
Back