2010 MMA Gaming Preview Thread - UFC Undisputed: 2010 and EA Sports MMA

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
As the new year approaches and more information is released on these games, I thought it would be a good idea to have one central thread to post info. Some of you may have participated in our CAGFC league last year, and hopefully more will participate this coming year.

At this point, I'm partial to UFC Undisputed, but I'll definitely be giving EA MMA a look, and if EA can prove they can do something right, I'm sure there will be some opportunities with that game.

For now, feel free to post game-related information, questions, comments, etc. and I'll try to keep the OP up to date with relevant info.

UFC Undisputed: 2010(releases May 25th, 2010)
ufc-2010-undisputed-cover.jpg

Official Website: http://www.ufcundisputed.com

Demo Out 4/29/10 (early access)
For anybody unaware, to get early access to the demo, you have to register for the Undisputed Community (free of course) at the above website. You'll see the "Community" tab on the lower right side of the page. After you sign up and activate your account (try to use a gmail account to sign up. People have had problems with yahoo and hotmail..and not receiving their activation email), click on "Rewards" up at the top of the site, and you can get your code to download the demo. You only get one code per account and you have to choose your system, so pay attention, lol.

Full Roster
The full roster for UFC Undisputed 2010:
KEY
• (N) New fighters to the UFC Undisputed franchise
• (P) Fighters accessible exclusively with retail promotions (e.g. GameStop in the US)
• (L) Legendary fighters exclusive to the PlayStation 3

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION
Mustapha Al-Turk (N)
Andrei Arlovski
Pat Barry (N)
Shane Carwin (N)
Mirko Cro Cop
Junior Dos Santos (N)
Todd Duffee (N)
Gabriel Gonzaga
Antoni Hardonk
Heath Herring
Marcus Jones (P)
Cheick Kongo
Brock Lesnar
Justin McCully
James McSweeney (P)
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson (P)
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Eddie Sanchez
Brendan Schaub (P)
Dan Severn (L)
Kimbo Slice (N)
Stefan Struve (N)
Cain Velasquez
Fabricio Werdum

HEAVYWEIGHT & LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISIONS
Mark Coleman
Brandon Vera

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION
Ryan Bader
Stephan Bonnar
Jason Brilz (N)
Luiz Cane (N)
Steve Cantwell (N)
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffin
Matt Hamill (N)
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
Keith Jardine
Jon Jones (N)
Chuck Liddell
Lyoto Machida
Tito Ortiz
Mauricio Rua
Thiago Silva
Krzysztof Soszynski (N)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT & MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISIONS
Vitor Belfort (N)
Michael Bisping
Rich Franklin
Wilson Gouveia
Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION
Yoshihiro Akiyama (N)
Ricardo Almeida
Alan Belcher (N)
Patrick Cote (N)
Kendall Grove
Dennis Kang (N)
Chris Leben
Demian Maia
Nate Marquardt
Drew McFedries
Dan Miller (N)
Yushin Okami
Nate Quarry (N)
Wanderlei Silva
Chael Sonnen (N)

MIDDLEWEIGHT & WELTERWEIGHT DIVISIONS
Martin Kampmann
Mike Swick

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION
Thiago Alves
Carlos Condit (N)
Marcus Davis
Jon Fitch
Royce Gracie (L)
Dan Hardy (N)
Dustin Hazelett (N)
Matt Hughes
Anthony Johnson
Dong Hyun Kim (N)
Josh Koscheck
Chris Lytle
Karo Parisyan
Amir Sadollah
Georges St-Pierre
Paulo Thiago (N)
Frank Trigg (N)
James Wilks (N)

WELTERWEIGHT & LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISIONS
BJ Penn
Diego Sanchez
Matt Serra
Sean Sherk

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION
Nate Diaz
Frankie Edgar
Efrain Escudero
Terry Etim (N)
Spencer Fisher
Kenny Florian
Hermes Franca
Tyson Griffin
Clay Guida (N)
Joe Lauzon
Gray Maynard
Cole Miller (N)
Ross Pearson (N)
Kurt Pellegrino (N)
Jens Pulver (L)
Dennis Siver (N)
Joe Stevenson
Caol Uno (N)

What's New
from http://www.undisputedonline.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21603
SUBMISSIONS

HOW
Submissions are applied the same exact way as 09. Pressing the R analog.

CHANGED
No more mashing. According to Omar (game developer) submissions are performed by shine method only. Now whats different is you have the ability to do FLASH SUBS (I saw someone using Mir...In half guard he applied a shoulder lock to Carwin...Carwin instantly tapped) which is new. The ability to Submission transition (which varies depending on what fighter you are using) to go from triangle to omaplata to armbar. Which makes it soo deep...You would have to master every single fighter to know who can sub transition into what. To apply this you would press the R analog...Shine counter-clockwise...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine opposite direction...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine counter-clockwise. Each fighter has 1-2 sub transmissions. So this is a HUGE impact on CAF due to the fact...You dont know what sub transition your opponent has...So how will you know to hurry up and reverse your shine? Haha. The final change in submissions are the SPECIAL subs. Everyone knows Joe Stevensons bread and butter is the guillotine right? Well...Fighters have a SPECIAL sub...When they get you in it...Its even MORE difficult to get out. The highest SUB O i seen was Mir with 88 and Nog had 87. The lowest was like 58. STR DOES HAVE AN IMPACT to get out of subs as well. You still apply the Shine method...But your STR factors into it. So brock CAN escape subs. Just not as well as your SUB D 88.

SWAY

HOW
Hold RB (xbox) FLICK L ANALOG any DIRECTION

DETAILS
I found this to be a HUGE factor in ending the fight early. This system is resembles FN4 COUNTER SYSTEM. U sway from a punch...U can immediately strike back for more damage. You can double and triple sway (3 is the most u can do) to avoid a punch. Lean back duck forward uppercut. Lean left lean right left hook. You get the point. When you land...YOU KNOW YOU LANDED. I swayed ALOT. Swaying alone will make you WANT to go toe to toe with your opponent. Honestly making you totally forget that you can kick and takedown. Its THAT exciting exchanging when both of you are swaying trying to be the first to land flush. Unfortunately...Swaying can get u killed...FAST. U can sway head kicks only by leaning back...But all other kicks will land. Sometimes i did soo much swaying i got takin down at will.

LEG KICK AFFECT

HOW
Self explanatory...Keep striking the legs.

EFFECT
Wow...Just wow. They got this one right. NO you cannot check leg kicks. But i used Thiago Alves vs GSP, Hardy, Paulo etc...You will KNOW your opponent is hurting when the leg kick makes the opponents knee buckle (think rampage vs griffin). Not only did his knee buckle...Get this...His LEG KICK OUTPUT damage was less. His MOVEMENT was slowed (significant difference between no leg dmg vs hurt leg dmg). More % chance of being takin down. Basically if you shoot its guaranteed takedown. The knee turns red (strong side leg...Didnt test the weak side leg).

SIDE STEP

HOW
Same as 09.

CHANGED
No more floating to the middle of the ring with one side step. Actually...When you sidestep its basically taking a big step forward. Heres the difference.

09 Step
HERE-------------------------------------------------HERE

10 Step
HERE...................HERE

Side step jab was out. Instead...Carwin uses a lunging left hook...And a power right straight for his sidestep strikes. You can still RUN the same. But you guys know how people sidestep (or run) back and forward kick or stirke. No more. U sidestep back...you can only throw a strike without reaching. Ala the sidestep body straight punch. U cant reach like that. Its just a standard strike. So basically to land one someone would have to be sidestepping towards you for you to connect.

FLASH KOS

HOW
Self explanatory...Get lucky and land clean.

CHANGED
Well...According to Omar...They were tweaked down...ALOT. But PLAYING the game...If you land clean...And a perfectly timed strike LOOKS like a KO. Trust me. Its a KO. Elbows lean flush...KO. I got ALOT of KOS from swaying double hooks...Then landing with a uppercut from close range. It was perfectly timed. Every single KO...LOOKS like a KO.

KO MOMENT

HOW
09-Accumulate damage to a persons body part to reach near 100%
10-Omar said it was a secret and couldnt tell

CHANGED
I seen fighters get in KO MOMENT in the FIRST 10 SECONDS. No lie. I was like WTF!?!?! Omar refused to tell us WHY you can get KO MOMENT so early. The KO MOMENTS were the same as 09 so you know what it looks like. Survive and your good to go.

THE MOMENT MODE

HOW
Place a well timed strike to stagger your opponent

DETAILS
I liked this feature. If you land flush...Your opponent will stagger for a maximum of 1.2 seconds. You have to have a FAST reaction to take advantage. You can end a fight in DEVASTATING fashion if your quick enough. When your opponent is staggered you have to input your fighters commands to finish him off. For example...I used Mcsweeney and landed a backfist...It gave me a quick window of where i can input commands...I paused the game and looked what i could do from their...It listed like 4 different methods i could do. So i choose the AB one. He quickly took a fast step forward and threw a 1-2 to drop the opponent. Think of it like an instand knockdown if you can time it well.

CLINCH WORK

CHANGED
You will still use the 09 method of reaching for a single arm collar or MT clinch. But whats different are the transitions from over/under to double under. The animations are wayyy different. Actually omar even said...ALL the animations are different. You will see ALOT more clinches in fights not...Due to the fact you have to MINOR transtion to get from position to position. So if im double over and i want to get to over/under...I minor transition for it instead of pressing forward like in 09. UP and qtr circle for the LEFT arm...DOWN and qtr circle for the right. Same for the MT clinch. I personally asked this question to omar. And he said word for word "Due to undisputedonline.nets rules regarding the MT spam. We took out paralyzing strikes (MT elbows) and flick to swing the opponent around. This time...To swing the opponent...You have to minor transition to where you want him to go as well as press a button to strike. It was easier to block being swung around than have a 25% change to break a swing in MT clinch.

CAGE WORK

HOW
Use the L analog to walk your opponent to the cage...Standing in clinch or on the bottom/top on ground.

DETAILS
Wow...Im telling you...This game is soo fast paced...It really looks like a real fight. The animations are soo beautiful here. Once in the clinch standing...You walk your opponent to the cage...I found Cage work VERY OVERPOWERING. I mean think Randy couture vs Vera. You can actually keep your opponent and dirty box for awhile. Defensive players had a tough time getting out. The same methods for transitioning in the clinch apply. The normal double unders...over/under positions. And the new place your shoulder into the caged victims midsection while he rests his body on yours. This is where the guy on the cage can take the aggressors back standing OR ground (depends if on your fighter). But most likely the aggressor was seen doing pick up slams. Yes you can slam while your are leaning on the opponent standing with him against the cage. I really think this is a powerful style in the game. Greco Roman wrestling looked VERY good.

POSITIONS on GROUND

DETAILS
New positions are BUTTERFLY guard (mir and GSP had it). CRUCIFIX (Roy Nelson and paulo had it). BACK STANDING (if you were against the cage) CLOSED GUARD negates the mounters strikes giving you more offensive options. (You can posture up from ALL besides North/South. The animations are WAYYYYY different. For example. If im in mount offense DOWN. I will transition to pick my head up...But he doesnt stand straight up like in 09. Its look more realistic...Like your head WANTS to go up...But it doesnt go their. Think of a clock. Mount offense down is at 3 o clock. Mount offense up is at 2 o clock. The more punches you rain down on your opponent...The more you posture up. Think of an escalator...The more you land the closer you get to the top. So the more damage you do...The more damage your GONNA do. It was sick how they did the mount this time. Same method for open guard or half guard offense. GNP really hurts in this game. Mount up animations totally looks wayy different from 09. While in posture up position from any position...Your gonna think...Am i mounted up? Cuz it looks similar to mount offense down. But like i said...The more you land strikes...The higher your head will posture up.

SPECTATOR

Haha...Sadly...No online spectator mode but Omar said they are working on it. BUT...In tournament mode and CAREER UFC cards...You can watch the cpu vs cpu go at it like your really on the card.

REFS STOPAGE

The ref physically jumps in their and pulls you off if you ko him. Refs also jumped in quicker than 09 when you couldnt pass guard. I was like "Come on ives lavigne...I was working over here man!!!!". Refs are..Ives Lavigne...Herb Dean...Dan Miragliotta and Mario Yamasaki. They were present in all the action except when they were out of view.

DECISIONS

YES THEY FIXED it. In 09 the scorecard was immediately displayed before the announcer even finished talking about it. This one....They go judge by judge. It took 2 seconds between each judges scorecards. So if the judge #1 and #2 went opposite ways...The suspense build up for #3.

CUTS
Their were ALOT of different cuts. Mcsweeney had a welt above his right eye w/ a cut slightly underneath. It was stopped when the cutscene went to Mcsweeney after the round ended. Like he could'nt continue type feeling.

DEMO

16 fighters will be included in the demo. 16. Wow. Omar said the demo will be out real soon. Didn't give out specific date. He also said it wont get pushed back.

CAF INFO

Wow...This will be alot to cover...So im going to go subject to subject...

NAME-You can either write down your name...Or choose from 100+ templated names so they will announce you.

NICKNAME-35 nicknames. I liked THE BONE COLLECTOR the best. But they werent as cheesy as 09s.

FIGHTER ATTRIBUTES-The same as 09. No new attribute added. ST CAR SPD and all the rest of the stats are the same

STANDUP STYLE-Orthodox...Orthodox-southpaw...Southpaw...Southpaw-Orthodox (orthodox southpaw means you can fight both ways)

STANDUP STANCES-Their were 12 different stances (i believe). MT had 2 different stances...Hands reaching out closed like Tong po from kickboxer and hands reaching out open. MMA style. Brawler style. Counter style. Karate style. Their were 10-12. Id have to look at the video.

GEAR-You can wear FITTED HATS...BEANIES...TSHIRTS...GIs...HOODIES. They had ALOT of each. Think of spidermans suit...For a hoodie in black and white. Was sick.

BEING ANNOUNCED-You can choose what you do when bruce buffer is announcing you.

FACE TO FACE POSE-You can choose how you react to your opponent when ref tells you to touch gloves. Show respect or dont. Up to you.

CELEBRATION-After you win...You can choose how you react.

FIGHTER MOVES-Think of WWE games. You choose EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MOVES. It shows a preview of what it looks like. You can choose generic moves...Or specials. Theirs MANY special high kicks. Thiago alves has the quickest high kick in the game. Lighting fast.

HAIR COLOR-You can change any hair strand to ANY color. Saw someone make purple chest hair with green sideburn hair.

HAIR STYLES-35 styles including dreadlocks...Hardy style fauhawk...Clay Guidas hair. Very different.

TATS-You can choose a tattoo...And place it ANYWHERE. Not just a selected spot this time. Their were 35 different chinese calligraphy combinations.

TRAINER-You can choose to have different trainers coaching u between rounds.

CONTROLS: In UFC 2009 Undisputed, clinch grappling and ground grappling were handled with multiple control schemes, which could be cumbersome to juggle depending on the fighter's orientation. This year, we undertook a new design philosophy that allowed us to better align our clinch grappling and ground grappling. In essence, players will now perform clinch pummels and throws using the ultimate fighting control the same way they performed transitions in UFC 2009 Undisputed.

SUBMISSIONS: While we've done quite a bit of tinkering with the submission system, the stick rolling method of submission execution and escape (known semiofficially as The Shine) will return. What we did want to change was the button mashing/brute force escape we utilized last year. This enabled fighters with high strength to be just as good at getting out of submissions as fighters with high submission defense. Now all fighters will utilize The Shine, but the parameters that govern the success of getting out of a submission have changed. For UFC Undisputed 2010, the submission calculations will use either a fighter's submission defense or his current energy level expressed as a percentage--whichever is higher. For example, let's say a fighter has a submission defense skill of 50. If the fighter has 100 stamina and full (100 percent) energy, the game will look at this energy level, and the fighter will have a great chance of getting out of a submission. If the fighter has 100 stamina and has used the majority of his energy reserves, the game will look at the fighter's submission defense skill; in this case, shine hard! We feel this system is fairer to players and more representative of how an actual submission struggle would go down.

CAGE SUPPORT: We've implemented full cage support in UFC Undisputed 2010, and its effect on gameplay is huge. Our design approach to implementing cage gameplay allowed us to utilize our universal grapple system concept. On the ground, we have a rising hierarchy of positional advantage based on how much threat potential one fighter has in relation to another. In the case of two equally skilled fighters in open guard, for instance, the fighter on top is in a slightly better situation than the fighter on the bottom. We express this by saying the top fighter has a 55/45 advantage over the bottom fighter, expressed in the damage output of his strikes, the lethality of his submissions, etc. Put the same two fighters in the mount position, for instance, and that advantage changes to something much more dramatic, like say a 90/10 in favor of the top fighter. We've utilized similar thinking with regard to the cage. Let's say we have the same two equally skilled fighters in the single collar tie position in the middle of the octagon. We consider this position to be one in which both fighters have equal advantage--a true 50/50 position. If one fighter manages to push his opponent up against the cage, he'll restrict his movement, limit the force he's able to generate on his strikes, and make it harder for him to regain energy; thus, shifting the balance in the favor of the free-standing fighter. It's an elegant system that we feel accurately represents the strategies employed in a real UFC fight.

FIGHTER CUSTOMIZATION: For UFC Undisputed 2010, we've substantially increased the number of available parts for creation, but we've also added a ton of new features and improvements. One of the biggest changes from the previous game is the way we allow players to allocate individual moves for their fighters. Last year, we had base styles, each of which came with a set of predefined moves. This meant that all Brazilian jujitsu (BJJ) fighters had the same moves and techniques as other BJJ fighters. We wanted to change that this year, so we opened it up and now allow players to assign individual moves to their fighters on a move-by-move basis. There are well over 200 moves that can be assigned, mixed, and matched to create truly unique fighters. Also new this year is the ability to fight orthodox, southpaw, or switch and assign a dominate power hand. Players can also choose their navigation style from a number of different postures to give their fighters more of a distinct look.

SPONSORSHIP & LOGOS: The new system, which we've also applied to the placement of tattoos, uses more of a drag-and-drop style interface. Gone are the predefined spots where logos can only be placed and the series of menus that were required to place a logo. This year, it's as simple as picking shorts, picking a logo, and choosing its location on the shorts. Speaking of clothing, many top brands in MMA are back, along with some new ones, so players will have access to an extensive assortment of new designs and logos. In addition, we are also allowing players to pick or create their own post-fight clothing, which is worn during winner announcement scenes and certain areas in Career mode.

CAREER MODE: Included are several new features to help build up each fight and give them more meaning. An example of this is a new system we've added called "Game Is Watching You." The GIWY system tracks everything players are doing during the fighter's career and reflects it through commentary during fights. Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg will reference the fighter's previous fights, his training partners, titles held, and other things he does during his career. Opponents will also take notice of performances and adjust their fight styles and strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.

FIGHTING TECHNIQUES: In addition to the six returning fighting techniques (boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, wrestling, judo, and Brazilian jujitsu), three more have been added: Karate, Greco-Roman wrestling, and Sambo. We've also moved away from the concept of one striking fighting technique and one grappling fighting technique in favor of a system that allows fighters to learn individual moves as they see fit. We feel this more accurately represents the type of cross-discipline training that the modern UFC fighter needs in order to compete at the highest levels.

ONLINE FIGHT CAMPS: Fight camps unite many different fighters under a single banner to compete against fighters from other fight camps to unlock new milestones and rewards. Players can use the virtual space of their fight camp to spar and teach each other the ins and outs of the game. Players can even bring in their Career mode fighters for an online training session to train with other players and get an extra career "cred" boost. Those boosts make better fighters and those better fighters make better camps.

NEW MODES: Additions include a Title and Title Defense mode, a Tournament mode and the Classic Fights mode will return with substantial changes.

Screenshots
http://kotaku.com/5506803/a-bakers-three-dozen-of-ufc-undisputed-2010-screens/gallery/

Articles
Videos

EA Sports MMA (releases TBA 2010)
500x500.jpg

Official Website: http://mma.easports.com/home.action

Confirmed Fighters
Heavyweights
Josh Barnett
Fedor Emilianenko
Bobby Lashley
Jeff Monson
Brett Rogers
Randy Couture
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Hidehiko Yoshida

Light Heavyweights
Gegard Mousasi
Muhammad Lawal
Renato Sobral
Kevin Randleman
Bas Rutten
Vladimir Matyushenko
Scott Smith

Middleweights
Dan Henderson
Melvin Manhoef
Frank Shamrock
Cung Le
Jason Miller
Ronaldo Souza
Matt Lindland
Benji Radach
Robbie Lawler
Tim Kennedy

Welterweights
Joe Riggs
Marius Zaromskis
Tyron Woodley
Jay Hieron
Jake Shields
Nick Thompson
Frank Trigg

Lightweights
Joachim Hansen
Gilbert Melendez
Josh Thomson
Shinya Aoki

Videos
Gameplay Footage from Strikeforce 25: Nashville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wj7B18qxVM

Peter Moore (EA Sports President) Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVPUh5209L4

"Big" John McCarthy Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nviBzKjuPrM

Randy Couture Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyRU_f4r04

"Mayhem" Miller and King Mo at EA Studios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MRMTYxaZCY

:30 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoBfn1yzJU

1:00 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUTXdRXXiw

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully a demo for EA MMA will be available since my biggest question for that will be "How will the controls feel?"

Naturally the two questions for UFC 2010 will be "Did they fix online?" and "What did they improve?"

I'm on the fence with both at the moment since UFC 2009 was a great debut for MMA on the current-gens. However, from what I understand, while Strikeforce will be the primary federation in EA MMA, there are rumors of other organizations being involved. It's a longshot, but having DREAM in the game would rock my socks.

Here's that thread, Matt. It pulled up in a search for "UFC 2010". But I had to go to the 3rd page to find it. I'll add the alleged roster to the OP. Thanks for posting it! Hope it's the real deal. It looks amazing!

Brock Lesnar is confirmed in some way for Undisputed 2010, he was in the trailer (pinning Mir to the cage).

Also, there are more confirmed fighters for EA MMA, I will get the list.

heavyweights

fedor emilianenko
bobby lashly
jeff monson
brett rogers
randy couture
andrei arlovski
tim sylvia
hidehiko yoshida

light heavyweights

gegard mousasi
muhammad lawal
renato sobral
kevin randleman
bas rutten
vladimir matyushenko
scott smith

middleweights

frank shamrock
cung le
jason miller
ronaldo souza
matt lindland
benji radach
robbie lawler
tim kennedy

welterweights

jay hieron
jake shields
nick thompson
frank trigg

lightweights

gilbert melendez
josh thompson
shinya aoki

More info:

Josh Barnett and EA MMA are following each other on EA MMA, possibly hinting that Juice Barnett is going to be in the game.

Also, EA MMA is going to announce a new fighter tomorrow.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I hear that Nick Diaz is going to be in EA MMA. Not confirmed, but rumored. I wonder if I can take Arlovski, and pound in Diaz's face?[/QUOTE]

At this point, Arlovski would be lucky if he could pound a beer.

Dan Henderson and Tyrone Woodley were both annoucned today. Can I get a "what what"!

Also, there will be openweight mode. Meaning, you can take Fedor and smash in Aoki's face, as well as take Tim Kennedy and seeing how he does against Bobby Lashley.

UFC Undisuted 2010's cover will feature Brock Lesnar. Also, the "shine" technique is the only way to submit people this time around.

As well, Mike Swick has been confirmed. He has been seen in official screenshots, so he is not "rumored" anymore.

going to get the one with the best depth, nice career mode, online mode. I played the first undisputed, waited a long time for it and played it the entire summer.

CONTROLS: In UFC 2009 Undisputed, clinch grappling and ground grappling were handled with multiple control schemes, which could be cumbersome to juggle depending on the fighter's orientation. This year, we undertook a new design philosophy that allowed us to better align our clinch grappling and ground grappling. In essence, players will now perform clinch pummels and throws using the ultimate fighting control the same way they performed transitions in UFC 2009 Undisputed.

SUBMISSIONS: While we've done quite a bit of tinkering with the submission system, the stick rolling method of submission execution and escape (known semiofficially as The Shine) will return. What we did want to change was the button mashing/brute force escape we utilized last year. This enabled fighters with high strength to be just as good at getting out of submissions as fighters with high submission defense. Now all fighters will utilize The Shine, but the parameters that govern the success of getting out of a submission have changed. For UFC Undisputed 2010, the submission calculations will use either a fighter's submission defense or his current energy level expressed as a percentage--whichever is higher. For example, let's say a fighter has a submission defense skill of 50. If the fighter has 100 stamina and full (100 percent) energy, the game will look at this energy level, and the fighter will have a great chance of getting out of a submission. If the fighter has 100 stamina and has used the majority of his energy reserves, the game will look at the fighter's submission defense skill; in this case, shine hard! We feel this system is fairer to players and more representative of how an actual submission struggle would go down.

CAGE SUPPORT: We've implemented full cage support in UFC Undisputed 2010, and its effect on gameplay is huge. Our design approach to implementing cage gameplay allowed us to utilize our universal grapple system concept. On the ground, we have a rising hierarchy of positional advantage based on how much threat potential one fighter has in relation to another. In the case of two equally skilled fighters in open guard, for instance, the fighter on top is in a slightly better situation than the fighter on the bottom. We express this by saying the top fighter has a 55/45 advantage over the bottom fighter, expressed in the damage output of his strikes, the lethality of his submissions, etc. Put the same two fighters in the mount position, for instance, and that advantage changes to something much more dramatic, like say a 90/10 in favor of the top fighter. We've utilized similar thinking with regard to the cage. Let's say we have the same two equally skilled fighters in the single collar tie position in the middle of the octagon. We consider this position to be one in which both fighters have equal advantage--a true 50/50 position. If one fighter manages to push his opponent up against the cage, he'll restrict his movement, limit the force he's able to generate on his strikes, and make it harder for him to regain energy; thus, shifting the balance in the favor of the free-standing fighter. It's an elegant system that we feel accurately represents the strategies employed in a real UFC fight.

FIGHTER CUSTOMIZATION: For UFC Undisputed 2010, we've substantially increased the number of available parts for creation, but we've also added a ton of new features and improvements. One of the biggest changes from the previous game is the way we allow players to allocate individual moves for their fighters. Last year, we had base styles, each of which came with a set of predefined moves. This meant that all Brazilian jujitsu (BJJ) fighters had the same moves and techniques as other BJJ fighters. We wanted to change that this year, so we opened it up and now allow players to assign individual moves to their fighters on a move-by-move basis. There are well over 200 moves that can be assigned, mixed, and matched to create truly unique fighters. Also new this year is the ability to fight orthodox, southpaw, or switch and assign a dominate power hand. Players can also choose their navigation style from a number of different postures to give their fighters more of a distinct look.

SPONSORSHIP & LOGOS: The new system, which we've also applied to the placement of tattoos, uses more of a drag-and-drop style interface. Gone are the predefined spots where logos can only be placed and the series of menus that were required to place a logo. This year, it's as simple as picking shorts, picking a logo, and choosing its location on the shorts. Speaking of clothing, many top brands in MMA are back, along with some new ones, so players will have access to an extensive assortment of new designs and logos. In addition, we are also allowing players to pick or create their own post-fight clothing, which is worn during winner announcement scenes and certain areas in Career mode.

CAREER MODE: Included are several new features to help build up each fight and give them more meaning. An example of this is a new system we've added called "Game Is Watching You." The GIWY system tracks everything players are doing during the fighter's career and reflects it through commentary during fights. Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg will reference the fighter's previous fights, his training partners, titles held, and other things he does during his career. Opponents will also take notice of performances and adjust their fight styles and strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.

FIGHTING TECHNIQUES: In addition to the six returning fighting techniques (boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, wrestling, judo, and Brazilian jujitsu), three more have been added: Karate, Greco-Roman wrestling, and Sambo. We've also moved away from the concept of one striking fighting technique and one grappling fighting technique in favor of a system that allows fighters to learn individual moves as they see fit. We feel this more accurately represents the type of cross-discipline training that the modern UFC fighter needs in order to compete at the highest levels.

ONLINE FIGHT CAMPS: Fight camps unite many different fighters under a single banner to compete against fighters from other fight camps to unlock new milestones and rewards. Players can use the virtual space of their fight camp to spar and teach each other the ins and outs of the game. Players can even bring in their Career mode fighters for an online training session to train with other players and get an extra career "cred" boost. Those boosts make better fighters and those better fighters make better camps.

NEW MODES: Additions include a Title and Title Defense mode, a Tournament mode and the Classic Fights mode will return with substantial changes.

Sounds amazing.

[quote name='Matt Young']Sounds amazing.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I just gotta feel like EA is going to be one step behind. As good as their game could be, THQ had a one year head start. They know what worked and what didn't work. Undisputed 2009 was already a really good game. If they can just improve on the little things, this game will be incredible! I can't wait!

Also...did I just seriously read that we can have a CAG Fight Camp? My mind is blown...

Yup, I CAN'T WAIT for this game! I popped in Undisputed 2009 the other day for the first time in like 4 months, and it was amazing how fun it was. It only took me about one fight for all the controls to come back to me too. I'm sure I wasn't as sharp as I used to be, but I still remembered how to do everything, which kinda surprised me. I'm hoping most of the changes for 2010 will be more related to features/design than gameplay. Here's what I want for the game:

Custom Fighters
-More nicknames for created fighters
-Better tattoo design
-Ability to design how your banner looks
-Custom entrance music
-Ability to share custom fighters online
-Realistic ratings: no custom fighter should be significantly better than the game's elite
(ie. Lesnar, Silva, GSP, Penn)

Game Design
-Better menu design...less layers to go through
-Less/shorter load times

Gameplay
-Tweak the blocking/reversal system on the ground
-Tweak submissions (some harder, some easier)
-Emphasize elbows more from the bottom guard, as opposed to punches

I'm sure there's more that I thought of when I was playing the game every day last summer. But this is what stood out to me the most when I most recently played.

I really hope they have better plans with their stat system so that people can't create over 100 point monsters for online use, or quitting when KO'd or in the submission animation. I'm not really excited that they're using the shine for more things than just subs. But Cage Work! Yes!

Well, I'll have a camp for damn sure, haha. I mean, really, come on...that goes without saying :cool:

Seems like a lot of info is being released about the game now. Kudos to THQ for getting the hype train rolling. I really like the approach they've taken with Undisputed since the beginning. Here's a developer interview with Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...l?sid=6254234&tag=topslot;img;1&mode=previews

The create a fighter looks SO MUCH better. It's like they were highlighting how quickly you can bounce between options, instead of the 7 button process it took last year to simply place a freaking logo. I also love that you can move tattoos and logos anywhere. HUGE step up.

Also, the submissions look better. Seeing GSP transition from a kimura attempt directly into an armbar was sex. :drool: The only thing that worries me is how that one armbar was initiated from the bottom. If it's a "click rightstick" thing, it will be terrible and ridiculously abused. But they have to be smarter than making it that simple, right? I'm hoping it's similar to a reversal where you have to do it at the perfect opening to just pop out and lock in an armbar like that.

But so far, my favorite new feature: being able to flip shit to Rampage at weigh ins. I almost peed a little. :D

I don't know if there are enough words to describe how awesome that video/interview was.

I loved how smooth it all looked, and I like the idea of the sway system (something I have a feeling I'll be good at LOL) and being able to have more of a variety on the ground.

Aside from that (all of which I can't even begin to express how much I liked), the career and having an actual story and being able to really follow your fighter really sounds great to me.

I...I just came.

http://www.undisputedonline.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21603

SUBMISSIONS

HOW
Submissions are applied the same exact way as 09. Pressing the R analog.

CHANGED
No more mashing. According to Omar (game developer) submissions are performed by shine method only. Now whats different is you have the ability to do FLASH SUBS (I saw someone using Mir...In half guard he applied a shoulder lock to Carwin...Carwin instantly tapped) which is new. The ability to Submission transition (which varies depending on what fighter you are using) to go from triangle to omaplata to armbar. Which makes it soo deep...You would have to master every single fighter to know who can sub transition into what. To apply this you would press the R analog...Shine counter-clockwise...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine opposite direction...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine counter-clockwise. Each fighter has 1-2 sub transmissions. So this is a HUGE impact on CAF due to the fact...You dont know what sub transition your opponent has...So how will you know to hurry up and reverse your shine? Haha. The final change in submissions are the SPECIAL subs. Everyone knows Joe Stevensons bread and butter is the guillotine right? Well...Fighters have a SPECIAL sub...When they get you in it...Its even MORE difficult to get out. The highest SUB O i seen was Mir with 88 and Nog had 87. The lowest was like 58. STR DOES HAVE AN IMPACT to get out of subs as well. You still apply the Shine method...But your STR factors into it. So brock CAN escape subs. Just not as well as your SUB D 88.

SWAY

HOW
Hold RB (xbox) FLICK L ANALOG any DIRECTION

DETAILS
I found this to be a HUGE factor in ending the fight early. This system is resembles FN4 COUNTER SYSTEM. U sway from a punch...U can immediately strike back for more damage. You can double and triple sway (3 is the most u can do) to avoid a punch. Lean back duck forward uppercut. Lean left lean right left hook. You get the point. When you land...YOU KNOW YOU LANDED. I swayed ALOT. Swaying alone will make you WANT to go toe to toe with your opponent. Honestly making you totally forget that you can kick and takedown. Its THAT exciting exchanging when both of you are swaying trying to be the first to land flush. Unfortunately...Swaying can get u killed...FAST. U can sway head kicks only by leaning back...But all other kicks will land. Sometimes i did soo much swaying i got takin down at will.

LEG KICK AFFECT

HOW
Self explanatory...Keep striking the legs.

EFFECT
Wow...Just wow. They got this one right. NO you cannot check leg kicks. But i used Thiago Alves vs GSP, Hardy, Paulo etc...You will KNOW your opponent is hurting when the leg kick makes the opponents knee buckle (think rampage vs griffin). Not only did his knee buckle...Get this...His LEG KICK OUTPUT damage was less. His MOVEMENT was slowed (significant difference between no leg dmg vs hurt leg dmg). More % chance of being takin down. Basically if you shoot its guaranteed takedown. The knee turns red (strong side leg...Didnt test the weak side leg).

SIDE STEP

HOW
Same as 09.

CHANGED
No more floating to the middle of the ring with one side step. Actually...When you sidestep its basically taking a big step forward. Heres the difference.

09 Step
HERE-------------------------------------------------HERE

10 Step
HERE...................HERE

Side step jab was out. Instead...Carwin uses a lunging left hook...And a power right straight for his sidestep strikes. You can still RUN the same. But you guys know how people sidestep (or run) back and forward kick or stirke. No more. U sidestep back...you can only throw a strike without reaching. Ala the sidestep body straight punch. U cant reach like that. Its just a standard strike. So basically to land one someone would have to be sidestepping towards you for you to connect.

FLASH KOS

HOW
Self explanatory...Get lucky and land clean.

CHANGED
Well...According to Omar...They were tweaked down...ALOT. But PLAYING the game...If you land clean...And a perfectly timed strike LOOKS like a KO. Trust me. Its a KO. Elbows lean flush...KO. I got ALOT of KOS from swaying double hooks...Then landing with a uppercut from close range. It was perfectly timed. Every single KO...LOOKS like a KO.

KO MOMENT

HOW
09-Accumulate damage to a persons body part to reach near 100%
10-Omar said it was a secret and couldnt tell

CHANGED
I seen fighters get in KO MOMENT in the FIRST 10 SECONDS. No lie. I was like WTF!?!?! Omar refused to tell us WHY you can get KO MOMENT so early. The KO MOMENTS were the same as 09 so you know what it looks like. Survive and your good to go.

THE MOMENT MODE

HOW
Place a well timed strike to stagger your opponent

DETAILS
I liked this feature. If you land flush...Your opponent will stagger for a maximum of 1.2 seconds. You have to have a FAST reaction to take advantage. You can end a fight in DEVASTATING fashion if your quick enough. When your opponent is staggered you have to input your fighters commands to finish him off. For example...I used Mcsweeney and landed a backfist...It gave me a quick window of where i can input commands...I paused the game and looked what i could do from their...It listed like 4 different methods i could do. So i choose the AB one. He quickly took a fast step forward and threw a 1-2 to drop the opponent. Think of it like an instand knockdown if you can time it well.

CLINCH WORK

CHANGED
You will still use the 09 method of reaching for a single arm collar or MT clinch. But whats different are the transitions from over/under to double under. The animations are wayyy different. Actually omar even said...ALL the animations are different. You will see ALOT more clinches in fights not...Due to the fact you have to MINOR transtion to get from position to position. So if im double over and i want to get to over/under...I minor transition for it instead of pressing forward like in 09. UP and qtr circle for the LEFT arm...DOWN and qtr circle for the right. Same for the MT clinch. I personally asked this question to omar. And he said word for word "Due to undisputedonline.nets rules regarding the MT spam. We took out paralyzing strikes (MT elbows) and flick to swing the opponent around. This time...To swing the opponent...You have to minor transition to where you want him to go as well as press a button to strike. It was easier to block being swung around than have a 25% change to break a swing in MT clinch.

CAGE WORK

HOW
Use the L analog to walk your opponent to the cage...Standing in clinch or on the bottom/top on ground.

DETAILS
Wow...Im telling you...This game is soo fast paced...It really looks like a real fight. The animations are soo beautiful here. Once in the clinch standing...You walk your opponent to the cage...I found Cage work VERY OVERPOWERING. I mean think Randy couture vs Vera. You can actually keep your opponent and dirty box for awhile. Defensive players had a tough time getting out. The same methods for transitioning in the clinch apply. The normal double unders...over/under positions. And the new place your shoulder into the caged victims midsection while he rests his body on yours. This is where the guy on the cage can take the aggressors back standing OR ground (depends if on your fighter). But most likely the aggressor was seen doing pick up slams. Yes you can slam while your are leaning on the opponent standing with him against the cage. I really think this is a powerful style in the game. Greco Roman wrestling looked VERY good.

POSITIONS on GROUND

DETAILS
New positions are BUTTERFLY guard (mir and GSP had it). CRUCIFIX (Roy Nelson and paulo had it). BACK STANDING (if you were against the cage) CLOSED GUARD negates the mounters strikes giving you more offensive options. (You can posture up from ALL besides North/South. The animations are WAYYYYY different. For example. If im in mount offense DOWN. I will transition to pick my head up...But he doesnt stand straight up like in 09. Its look more realistic...Like your head WANTS to go up...But it doesnt go their. Think of a clock. Mount offense down is at 3 o clock. Mount offense up is at 2 o clock. The more punches you rain down on your opponent...The more you posture up. Think of an escalator...The more you land the closer you get to the top. So the more damage you do...The more damage your GONNA do. It was sick how they did the mount this time. Same method for open guard or half guard offense. GNP really hurts in this game. Mount up animations totally looks wayy different from 09. While in posture up position from any position...Your gonna think...Am i mounted up? Cuz it looks similar to mount offense down. But like i said...The more you land strikes...The higher your head will posture up.

SPECTATOR

Haha...Sadly...No online spectator mode but Omar said they are working on it. BUT...In tournament mode and CAREER UFC cards...You can watch the cpu vs cpu go at it like your really on the card.

REFS STOPAGE

The ref physically jumps in their and pulls you off if you ko him. Refs also jumped in quicker than 09 when you couldnt pass guard. I was like "Come on ives lavigne...I was working over here man!!!!". Refs are..Ives Lavigne...Herb Dean...Dan Miragliotta and Mario Yamasaki. They were present in all the action except when they were out of view.

DECISIONS

YES THEY FIXED it. In 09 the scorecard was immediately displayed before the announcer even finished talking about it. This one....They go judge by judge. It took 2 seconds between each judges scorecards. So if the judge #1 and #2 went opposite ways...The suspense build up for #3.

CUTS

Their were ALOT of different cuts. Mcsweeney had a welt above his right eye w/ a cut slightly underneath. It was stopped when the cutscene went to Mcsweeney after the round ended. Like he could'nt continue type feeling.

DEMO

16 fighters will be included in the demo. 16. Wow. Omar said the demo will be out real soon. Didn't give out specific date. He also said it wont get pushed back.

CAF INFO

Wow...This will be alot to cover...So im going to go subject to subject...

NAME-You can either write down your name...Or choose from 100+ templated names so they will announce you.

NICKNAME-35 nicknames. I liked THE BONE COLLECTOR the best. But they werent as cheesy as 09s.

FIGHTER ATTRIBUTES-The same as 09. No new attribute added. ST CAR SPD and all the rest of the stats are the same

STANDUP STYLE-Orthodox...Orthodox-southpaw...Southpaw...Southpaw-Orthodox (orthodox southpaw means you can fight both ways)

STANDUP STANCES-Their were 12 different stances (i believe). MT had 2 different stances...Hands reaching out closed like Tong po from kickboxer and hands reaching out open. MMA style. Brawler style. Counter style. Karate style. Their were 10-12. Id have to look at the video.

GEAR-You can wear FITTED HATS...BEANIES...TSHIRTS...GIs...HOODIES. They had ALOT of each. Think of spidermans suit...For a hoodie in black and white. Was sick.

BEING ANNOUNCED-You can choose what you do when bruce buffer is announcing you.

FACE TO FACE POSE-You can choose how you react to your opponent when ref tells you to touch gloves. Show respect or dont. Up to you.

CELEBRATION-After you win...You can choose how you react.

FIGHTER MOVES-Think of WWE games. You choose EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MOVES. It shows a preview of what it looks like. You can choose generic moves...Or specials. Theirs MANY special high kicks. Thiago alves has the quickest high kick in the game. Lighting fast.

HAIR COLOR-You can change any hair strand to ANY color. Saw someone make purple chest hair with green sideburn hair.

HAIR STYLES-35 styles including dreadlocks...Hardy style fauhawk...Clay Guidas hair. Very different.

TATS-You can choose a tattoo...And place it ANYWHERE. Not just a selected spot this time. Their were 35 different chinese calligraphy combinations.

TRAINER-You can choose to have different trainers coaching u between rounds.

Seriously, this game sounds AMAZING! With everything they're doing, I just hope online runs smooth. Last year wasn't that bad, but with the problems Smackdown vs Raw 10 had, lag is something that always worries me. If they get it right, we can really have a lot of fun with this.

But I'm a little worried they said the attribute system is the same. Having the same categories is fine, but they need to scale back the leveling system. There were too many points rewarded last year. And there has to be some kind of blatant disadvantage for people who put all their points into one category and completely ignore another. If somebody has a 95 in kicks, I want to be able to make is ass tap almost instantly if I take him down.

The things they're adding sound amazing though. Being able to choose every single move your character does has always overwhelmed me in wrestling games. It's probably going to take us 2 hours to create our fighter here, haha. Hopefully it will be worth it though. Oh, and I hope your career won't be limited to 7 years this time either. Seeing guys retire at 25 was stupid as hell.

I read each post on a TON of pages in that huge thread. Love the info within there, can't even believe how incredible it sounds. It actually sounds like something I would buy on Day One, which is shocking to me.

I suspect the demo will be out either on the 4th (rumored) or the 17th (also rumored), but wouldn't mind this Thurday.

Man, the game looks so good. I just hope they thought of and tested exploits when adding those new things to the game. Seeing things like "Oh, if I stand near you while you're on the ground, you CAN'T get up" makes me a little nervous. But it makes sense if done the right way. I can't believe they're talking demo about a full 2 months before launch.

Note to the MLB: The Show developers. This is how you do it. For a new game that is apparently on a yearly cycle, THQ has been shown to be dilligent as hell in working on the 2010 version. I'd be floored if we get the demo this Thursday, and even the 8th seems really early. But at least it would give people plenty of time to learn the new controls. And having 16 fighters in the demo is going to be badass. I can't wait!

I am hearing talk about the ground game automatically blocking and not blocking transitions. As in, if you are James McSweeny and I am Frank Mir, it will be easy for me to pass you and get myself into full mount.

But if you are GSP and I am Matt Serra, it will be very difficult for me to pass you.

I don't know the sound of auto-transitions, but I don't know if its true or not. Demo announcement may be today, if not probably not until next week.

At first I was a little hesitant to really be impressed with the previews and hands-on with Undisputed 2010 but the more I'm hearing about it the better it sounds. I just hope it really does play differently because imo it doesn't really LOOK like it plays much differently. It does look like they have added more options and hopefully improved upon the career mode a lot from last year. I am also really curious to see how EA Sports MMA turns out, I think that game has a chance to end up really good, at least it has a chance to compete with Undisputed 2010. It looks like both games will play very differently from each other, which would be a great thing for both games. I'm getting both no matter what so I just hope they are very unique experiences.

[quote name='cgarb84']At first I was a little hesitant to really be impressed with the previews and hands-on with Undisputed 2010 but the more I'm hearing about it the better it sounds. I just hope it really does play differently because imo it doesn't really LOOK like it plays much differently. It does look like they have added more options and hopefully improved upon the career mode a lot from last year. I am also really curious to see how EA Sports MMA turns out, I think that game has a chance to end up really good, at least it has a chance to compete with Undisputed 2010. It looks like both games will play very differently from each other, which would be a great thing for both games. I'm getting both no matter what so I just hope they are very unique experiences.[/QUOTE]

For now, I'm skeptical about EA MMA. From what they've shown (which is fairly little so far), it LOOKS good, but EA's gameplay isn't always the most realistic, and that worries me. I think it could be good, but will probably suffer from many of the problems Undisputed had last year (maybe not the EXACT same problems...but just exploits that they didn't think about).

On the flipside, I'm hopeful that THQ will have shored up some of those areas that people tended to abuse with last year's game. That's at least where I'm at on the issue. I feel the year of experience could prove to be a big difference in quality. I'm also surprised EA MMA still doesn't have a release date. It probably will be to their benefit (so they can rip off some ideas from Undisputed 2010 maybe), but it just seems very unlike EA.

I have a weird feeling that EA MMA will be very lackluster, and surprisingly unrealistic. I can't say for sure though.

UFC on the other hand I expect to be amazing and realistic. Of course, EA MMA still has a long while until its done whereas UFC is probably already done.

EDIT:

THQ dev says that they WILL be updating the stats off of performances. Woot! Also says that adding fighters is a possibility, but no promises.

[quote name='DT778']In a statement that should surprise no one, White's earlier claim of banning EA MMA fighters was just talk.
http://kotaku.com/5505558/ufc-chief-backs-off-threat-to-ban-fighters-still-loathes-ea[/QUOTE]

My take on it is this. EA going after UFC guys is only going to make their game even more unrealistic. It's already going to look beyond retarded seeing Randy Couture fighting in a Strikeforce cage, but I guess that kind of stuff won't bother casual fans. The thing is, for hardcore fans, having Strikeforce and Dream fighters in their game is PLENTY, and is a great reason to buy both games.

Unless EA is worried they aren't appealing to a large enough audience, they shouldn't be afraid of sticking with Strikeforce and Dream. And as long as THQ does the UFC game right, Dana has nothing to worry about. There's really no need to "counter-program" on this one. In a perfect world, EA MMA won't come out until Oct/Nov, so neither game is even really competing with each other for "new game" time.

I liked the first, but was kind of hesitant in picking it up. From what I've seen so far, I'll definitely be picking up 2010.

Just to clarify I do think Undisputed 2010 will be a better game, but it should be for a multitude of reasons. I think EA MMA will has a legit shot to be better than last year's Undisputed was though, and by all rights it should be since they have the advantage of seeing 2 THQ developed MMA games before they even have 1 come out. I just think the EA game will surprise some people, I think it will be better than most think it will. I don't have anything to go on really, just a hunch.

[quote name='cgarb84']Just to clarify I do think Undisputed 2010 will be a better game, but it should be for a multitude of reasons. I think EA MMA will has a legit shot to be better than last year's Undisputed was though, and by all rights it should be since they have the advantage of seeing 2 THQ developed MMA games before they even have 1 come out. I just think the EA game will surprise some people, I think it will be better than most think it will. I don't have anything to go on really, just a hunch.[/QUOTE]

Looks like EA MMA will have a variety of different rings, fighters of different promotions and so on so it looks interesting to me. Plus, Bas Rutten. I'm glad there will be a variety and competition will cause both companies to strive to make a better game than the other.

That said the video of the sway techniques and so on has me really excited for UFC 2010

[quote name='cgarb84']Just to clarify I do think Undisputed 2010 will be a better game, but it should be for a multitude of reasons. I think EA MMA will has a legit shot to be better than last year's Undisputed was though, and by all rights it should be since they have the advantage of seeing 2 THQ developed MMA games before they even have 1 come out. I just think the EA game will surprise some people, I think it will be better than most think it will. I don't have anything to go on really, just a hunch.[/QUOTE]

No, I totally agree. EA MMA most definitely SHOULD be better than Undisputed 2009. And that's a mark EA, as a company, has to hit. Their games tend to be so hit & miss though, it's hard to be overly confident in the approach they're going to take. All the ring options and promotions and custom whatevers will be meaningless if they don't get the gameplay right.

I have the same fears for Undisputed though. With sports games, you can't take anything for granted...and sometimes companies try to fix things that aren't broken. I'd love to see a solid showing from EA though. Competition is always a good thing, and so is anything that helps MMA grow as a sport.

They debuted new gameplay footage for EA MMA at the Strikeforce card last night. I gotta say, I'm really not impressed at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wj7B18qxVM

To me, it looks arcadey as hell. And the fighter animations look terrible. The fighters look so stiff, and their movements just seem jerky. Granted, they still haven't even announced a release date for the game, so I guess there's time to clean it up. But this doesn't look too promising.

Hmm that looked way worse than earlier footage they've shown of the game......I think it was probably related to the footage they were showing trying to explain different techniques and positions, ect. But if not then LOL I won't have to worry about buying it anymore.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Saw this on Gamestop.com and thought I'd post it to give everybody a chance to win some really badass prizes.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/sweepstakes/ufc10/default.aspx [/QUOTE]

Hey n8rockerasu - I'm working on GameStop's UFC 2010 contests and sweeps, so let's see if I can help out with some details. First, the link to hit up is http://gamestop.com/ufc2010. If you enter by April 25, you can win a VIP trip to UFC Fan Expo and UFC 114 in Las Vegas and a James McSweeney Ultimate Fighter pack.

But if you're a fan of TUF, there's an even cooler contest going. You can enter to train an actual TUF fighter to play Undisputed 2010!

All you have to do to enter is submit a 500 character essay by May 26th at http://gamestop.com/ufc2010 and you could nab a VIP weekend at The Palms Las Vegas for the TUF Season Finale. You'll train your fighter for a head-to-head game match and get a tour of the TUF gym, some cash, and a chance to appear in the next UFC game. Pretty Rad! And the essay's just 500 characters. That's only like 3 1/2 tweets.

Like I said, I'm working on these sweeps and contests, so shoot me a line if there are any questions I can answer. Thanks!

bread's done
Back