GameFly Xbox 360 Daily Deals: Skate 2 $13, GH:WT $10, NFS: U $10, Star Ocean $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_539.jpg[/rightimg]The last of the GameFly Daily Deals, these used games also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Today Deals:
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $19.99
:360: Skate 2 $12.99
:360: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:360: Need for Speed Undercover $9.99
:360: NHL 09 $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcgavin27']I would be in for skate 2 if I had money and skate 3 wasn't coming out in march.[/QUOTE]

It's coming out in May, and even if it was coming out in March, it would still be worth the 13 bucks.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I would be in for skate 2 if I had money and skate 3 wasn't coming out in march.[/QUOTE]

skate 3 is in May

hmm i swore off any GH games, due to my preference on RB but at $9.99 im thinking of getting it. anyone recommend it? also definetely getting NHL 09 and NFS: U as a present.

[quote name='BackInBlack']It's coming out in May, and even if it was coming out in March, it would still be worth the 13 bucks.[/QUOTE]
well I stand corrected. I've owned skate 2 before (I even bought the dlc for it) but I sold it off a few months back and if I had the $13 I would totally buy it again but unfortunately I don't.

So pretty much, if you don't have skate 2, there is really no reasonable excuse not to pick it up now...for the 360.

[quote name='milkzhakes']hmm i swore off any GH games, due to my preference on RB but at $9.99 im thinking of getting it. anyone recommend it? also definetely getting NHL 09 and NFS: U as a present.[/QUOTE]

Not the greatest songs on there, I particularly only knew like 3 songs lol. Guitar hero world tour is probably my least favorite out of the series. But for $10, I'd say just go for it.

I need to find a second job so I can afford all these gamefly games I'm buying (skate 2 this time)... If anyone needs a hitman/ male prostitute/ and/or plumber, let me know.

[quote name='milkzhakes']hmm i swore off any GH games, due to my preference on RB but at $9.99 im thinking of getting it. anyone recommend it? also definetely getting NHL 09 and NFS: U as a present.[/QUOTE]
Spend a extra $10 and get guitar hero 5, familyvideo has it for $19.99 used right now. GH5 is WAY better the GH:WT, I really didnt like the track list on GH:WT.

I am tempted by Skate 2. I already have it along with the dlc, but the disc stopped working. I bought it used from Gamestop, and it had a tiny crack in the middle of the disc when I bought it. It worked fine for a couple months, but the crack eventually grew, and now it goes across the entire disc. So maybe I shouldn't buy another used version of it.

Skate 2 is wayyyy worth that price, i would still pay 60 bucks for it. The online community is still hot too.

I am picking up NFS, and NHL.

[quote name='Wario64']Is NFS Undercover similar to Most Wanted?[/QUOTE]

Would also like to know... wanted to break my controller after playing Most Wanted. Most ridiculous rubber band AI ever. :bomb:

[quote name='nekromantix']Would also like to know... wanted to break my controller after playing Most Wanted. Most ridiculous rubber band AI ever. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Can't beat the re-introduction of cops though. Made me like that game 10x more than Underground 1 and 2 because of that. But WTF was up with only 1 vinyl?

Anyway I looked at the review of it on Gamespot (Score, not the actually review) and it was scored lower. MW got a 8.4 and Undercover got a 7.0. Of course they are probably just as good.

If your coming from RB, going to GHWT is a very meh option... it wasn't until after that it became good, and finally really good (GH5). Van Halen is an oddity to those who don't understand how development works, so I can't judge it poorly, it just released at a very bad time. Having said that, WT is still a ton of songs you haven't played for 10 bucks, and if I'm correct all your instruments will work.

Star Ocean is actually a damn good JRPG! Thats a lot of game for $20! Im like 36 hours in and still on the first disc! I have been critical of the RPGs on 360, but this is the one to get!

Star Ocean has me interested. But I might wait until it hits $15. I can wait because I have too many other games.

Still...man, I'm tempted.

[quote name='gwill']Gamefly kind of hates PS3, huh?[/QUOTE]

If anything it's that Gamefly subscribers hate PS3, but I don't think that's the case. Obviously they've got more extra copies of 360 games lying around because they buy a lot more of them due to rental volume. Hell, even though my 360 is a distant second in playtime to my PS3 I probably rent slightly more games for it just because I'm less likely to buy a 360 game.

Definitely sucks for these sales though, I'd probably pick a few of these up if they were the PS3 version.

[quote name='Wario64']Is NFS Undercover similar to Most Wanted?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I would even say it's like a true sequel to it. I think I'll pick it up since I never finished it.

I'm tempted w/ GH:WT since I have a $5 coupon.

I bought NFS Undercover on BF for $10. Easily the best racer on the 360. So fun, not too hard and the ai rarely, if ever, rubber bands (which is another reason it's one of the best racers on the 360!)

[quote name='Kelegacy']Star Ocean has me interested. But I might wait until it hits $15. I can wait because I have too many other games.

Still...man, I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

I just finished SO (picked up clearance at Kmart) and had a lot of fun with it. The battles can be a grind and be sure you have at least an hour or so to play before you fire it up each time- save spots are forever in between! Also, anyone who picks this up should immediately install each disc to the HDD to lessen the almost inevitable freeze ups that plague the game. Otherwise, a pretty solid JRPG to stop-gap untill FFXIII hits.

Oh no, why so many good deals lately. I kinda want every single one of those games, excluding Guitar Hero. Really want Star Ocean, but I have yet to finish: Lost Odyssey, Inf. Undiscovery, and Last Remant. So, I really don't need another 40+ hour RPG, at the moment, but man is it tempting.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup. I would even say it's like a true sequel to it. I think I'll pick it up since I never finished it.[/QUOTE]

Did we play the same game? Undercover is a sort of psuedo sequel (in style only) to Most Wanted, but the quality is not even close! Undercover sort of felt like a cheap Ridge Racer styled cheesefest.... Horrible graphics, complete lack of excitement, and horrendously easy races are the games biggest pitfalls... There was a reason EA kicked the dev team off NFS after Undercover: its the WORST NFS game EVER! Its pretty sad when the best thing about a RACING game are the stylized cutscenes! I wouldnt allow this game to stink up my collection!

Awesome.

Gamefly feeds us crap for two weeks, waits until I'm flat broke, and hits with both GH:WT AND NFS:U.

Thanks, Gamefly. Thanks.

Damn, just bought NFS:U with the B2GET1FREE on Gamestop.com with some credit I had. Am I able to exchange it for something else at the store? Might pick up COD5 or something like that with the exchange and buy NFS:U at Gamefly.

For anyone who has played it, is NHL 09 worth 10$? Is it that much better/worse than NHL 10? Any comparison or opinions would help.

Thanks in advance

[quote name='myka22']I am tempted by Skate 2. I already have it along with the dlc, but the disc stopped working. I bought it used from Gamestop, and it had a tiny crack in the middle of the disc when I bought it. It worked fine for a couple months, but the crack eventually grew, and now it goes across the entire disc. So maybe I shouldn't buy another used version of it.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's used discs are PRISTINE. I just got MLB the Show 09 and Killzone 2 for ps3 from there and I could hardly tell it had been played before. Unlike gamestop discs, which half the time looks like the previous owner drunkenly mistook a dogs mouth for the disc drive.

[quote name='HiddenPanda']Gamefly's used discs are PRISTINE. I just got MLB the Show 09 and Killzone 2 for ps3 from there and I could hardly tell it had been played before. Unlike gamestop discs, which half the time looks like the previous owner drunkenly mistook a dogs mouth for the disc drive.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the copy of Riddick I got was immaculate.
Not a single scratch.

bread's done
Back