Bladestorm (PS3-Reprint) $39.99 AC w/free shipping at GameQuest Direct

Didn't know this was that hard to find. I saw a used one the other day at GS for $40. Kinda pricey for basically a Dynasty Warriors clone.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']Cheapy, BUY ME BLADESTORM OR GO TO HELL![/QUOTE]

Pshh, I had my parent buy it for me at the store. I just have one qualm about the naming.
thrillhouse5ul.jpg

I watch way too many episodes of The Simpsons too many times. I was immediately able to peg the quote and its context.

On a serious note, I've heard conflicting things about the game, ranging from that it's a decent departure from the stagnant Dynasty Warriors, but supposedly the fights can feel somewhat bland, and action/strategy don't always mix well together. I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't gone down a bit, as it is a KOEI title.

It's apparently performed better than X-Blades however, proving once again that a storm of blades is better than two crossed blades.

Yeah but the core gameplay is still DW, which I've literally dosed off playing DW:Gundam because you really don't have to do much other than press a button a couple thousand times per level.

[quote name='Nirron']Pshh, I had my parent buy it for me at the store. I just have one qualm about the naming.
thrillhouse5ul.jpg

I watch way too many episodes of The Simpsons too many times. I was immediately able to peg the quote and its context.

On a serious note, I've heard conflicting things about the game, ranging from that it's a decent departure from the stagnant Dynasty Warriors, but supposedly the fights can feel somewhat bland, and action/strategy don't always mix well together. I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't gone down a bit, as it is a KOEI title.

It's apparently performed better than X-Blades however, proving once again that a storm of blades is better than two crossed blades.[/QUOTE]

I have X-Blades and that game makes DW feel like as if Final Fight and Streets of Rage had an awesome baby.

I remember playing the demo and it seemed like a decent change from DW. More strategy was involved, but i guess when you consider DW being a 1 button game that makes BS a 2 button game.

I honestly would just like to see Koei try for a change. Well here goes my plug to Q Entertainment with N3 and N32? I bet they will adopt new boxart for the sequal so it is Ninety Nine Nights 2 rather than N32. Well i guess Final Fantasy does have FF10-2 making it twelve.... Stupid numbers....

Damn lol, tried to use the SAVE7 code as well, but it's one code per order. $40 is too rich for my blood for a game I know nothing about.

A fun game, not as mindless as I first thought.

And I knew this was the one and only rare PS3 game for a long time.
Crazy it got reprinted. First "next-gen" reprint?

id say check out the demo on PSN for those interested.

Must be I missed something because it didnt come across as that good a game when it first came out.

I played the demo. It was actually fun, but I know it's going to be like DW and get repetitive. Not worth $40. I may get it for $30.

[quote name='solidsmooky']40 bucks for a low rated game.

Hmmry[/QUOTE]

Check out hpv's post. The critics may hate the game but that's to be expected since they hate on everything Koei releases. Not to say that their reviews aren't based on valid points, but Koei fans tend to not give a shit about the flaws and instead ENJOY the games.

And Bladestorm is definitely one of those games. If you're a fan of the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series, then you should definitely try this game out. I friggin' loved it.

picked it up for the 360 on half.com for $15 a year or two ago (was one i wanted and seldom seen a used one for sale). ON the 360 (not PS3) its a bit so-so. Game wise its IMHO a bit better then the dynasty Warrior games (but not alot). It does chug in a few spots (has less fog of war then the DW games). Overall IMHO i would only buy if you like those style games.. alot. Reprint is nice for those who want one as the original print run was sold out quickly and there seems to be little used (copies of it) on the market.

[quote name='fart_bubble']need to grab this for the 360 as it's supposed to carry a lot of the elements of the Kessen series[/QUOTE]

Exactly! This is not a next-gen Dynasty Warriors but a next gen Kessen (with a change in subject matter).

When I was looking for it in the summer, the PS3 version was next to impossible to find, fetching retail prices on ebay. The 360 version was still available in some places. I finally got my copy from cduniverse when they put the 360 version on sale for like $19 + shipping.

I actually found this at the Hollywood Video $30 and under sale for $4.99. Played it for a while...not bad, but not great. It's worth a buy, but I don't think at full price, IMHO.

[quote name='hpv']Metacritic rating of 52, but user average of 88? That's either a sign of a good game or a really bad one...[/QUOTE]
It's a sign of a niche game, idiot. Metacritic rated your girlfriend a 1, because the general consensus is that she's butt ugly, but I bet she's a 90 on your "user" average.

Hell what am I talking about, you don't have a girlfriend.

[quote name='eau']When I was looking for it in the summer, the PS3 version was next to impossible to find, fetching retail prices on ebay. The 360 version was still available in some places. I finally got my copy from cduniverse when they put the 360 version on sale for like $19 + shipping.[/QUOTE]

that's where i got my copy for cheap ;)

bread's done
Back