Newegg: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $8.99 & Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (PS3)

I'm tempted. I heard the second half of this game is pretty bad, but I remember enjoying the demo well enough.

I tried to play the 360 version of this the other day, and it did not hold up well. The shooting just felt too loose for the standards I have now.

I beat the game on Saturday for 360. I liked the game and enjoyed it (played it on Hard, which was frustrating as hell at times) but the second half of the game is indeed worse than the first. I liked the urban locations of the first half, the second throws that all away. I won't spoil anything, but it indeed wasn't as enjoyable (though it was still decent) towards the last third or quarter of the game. I still really enjoyed the storyline though.

I got it from Newegg for $7.99 so I can't complain. I bet it's much better in co-op.

no, the co-op has issues. no online co-op storyline, just the bank heist crap. it's better to pass on it and put the money towards a game you really want.

sad to think someone at gamespot got fired over giving this game a bad review.

It's certainly a passable game that provides entertainment if played co-op (though that could be said of most games). It shows a lot of potential but unfortunately misses its mark. As for the last act, well, let's just say it pulls a Bad Boys II move. :lol:

Knowing that this game is not that great always prevented me from buying it until now. However, the fact that the PS3 version does not have trophies has actually convinced me to give it a try, being as how I'll strictly be playing to hear the story, and not having to worry about completing the achievements if I can't stand playing it more than once... in for 1.

Dang, that's an awesome price on Resident Evil, only I guess...I'm holding out for the rerelease?

Hopefully you don't HAVE to use that motion thing on the rerelease :hot:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, that's an awesome price on Resident Evil, only I guess...I'm holding out for the rerelease?

Hopefully you don't HAVE to use that motion thing on the rerelease :hot:[/QUOTE]

The re-release is going to be DLC, so you'll need the original game.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The re-release is going to be DLC, so you'll need the original game.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil: Gold Edition is launching March 9th.

[quote name='fadersdream']no, the co-op has issues. no online co-op storyline, just the bank heist crap. it's better to pass on it and put the money towards a game you really want.

sad to think someone at gamespot got fired over giving this game a bad review.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. That was the main reason I wanted to buy this game so I could do the co-op with my friend.

I finally bit on Kane & Lynch.

I've put it off since last holiday season when it was $9.99 at GameFly and something like $7.50 at Blockbuster because I had so many games I hadn't played at the time. The demo wasn't half bad and if it's entertaining for an hour here and there $9 is worth it to me.

bread's done
Back