NHL 10 Versus League 2.0 - We Made It To Season 2!!! Quack......Quack....Quack...

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Believe it or not, CAG Hockey has made it through one season! The Toronto Maple Leafs (ammowasted) are the defending champions, and more teams have joined the fray this season! Here's hoping we make it to the end once more!

Since player numbers have thinned with this game, I'm not going to make any grand statements or objectives. I just want to play hockey and have some fun with guys who are looking for the same. No prior grievances or issues will be mentioned in any form.

All I ask is that you only sign up if you're serious about completing your games. I'm not going to enforce any requirements unless it becomes necessary to keep things moving, but 2 games a week should be a minimum (and easily doable since in most cases, you play each person twice). I'll do my best to hound those who need the motivation, and hopefully, we'll make it through a season or two. Feel free to sign up and choose a team if you want to play.

The league is named "CAG League V2" (or CAGV2 as the abbreviation), so just search for that if you need to find it.

CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Team
n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | San Jose Sharks
Ammowasted | Ammowasted | Toronto Maple Leafs
moojuice | moojuiced | Colorado Avalanche
Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Los Angeles Kings
DestroVega | DestroVega | Columbus Blue Jackets
ajh2298 | ajh2298 | Pittsburgh Penguins
kazo | SG Kazo | Calgary Flames
Magicking610 | Magicking610 | Vancouver Canucks
Wpark83 | Wpark83 | Boston Bruins

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I sent both of you guys invites. If it asks for a password, just look at the title of this thread and take a guess. :) I set up the league so that we play each member twice, with unique rosters turned off (meaning no trades...but also no duplicate players). And playoff series will be a best of 3. I just want to get through a season, so even if it's short and sweet, that's fine with me.

Also, since OTP has been floundering greatly, I decided to go for that "Be on a Gold/Silver/Bronze Medal Winning Club" achievement by just looking to join a public club that had them. After discovering that basically all of the public clubs with the medals are full, I decided to message a few members of the "Tgods on Ice" club who were online and ask them if they could drop so I could get the achievement.

One guy said "no problem", so now I'm holding a spot on that club. If anyone wants the achievement, let me know, and we can arrange to drop/add and try to keep that spot in the CAG circle. At this point, I don't see us getting it any other way.

Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Los Angeles Kings

I played last night after I got home from the hockey game I went to, and I've got the itch to play again.

[quote name='DestroVega']I would join that team just to play from time to time...[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm not sure if you're speaking in code or not, but yeah, maybe we can arrange to swap out for that spot later. I'll probably be playing NHL some time tonight.

Also, if you want to join the league, just pick a team, and I'll send you an invite.

[quote name='moojuice']moojuice | moojuiced | Colorado Avalanche

Hopefully the late season season will work again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Los Angeles Kings

I played last night after I got home from the hockey game I went to, and I've got the itch to play again.[/QUOTE]

I'll send both of you guys invites when I get on NHL later tonight...that is, if you haven't figured out how to join the league already. :)

Cool. Well, that gives us 6 teams. Anybody opposed to just starting things up with that number? I don't really know of anybody else who is still playing this game heavily, and having a committed group is better than having a larger group anyway. I think the league would still be open for others to join, but I feel like the more important issue is just getting started as soon as possible. What do you guys think?

Cool. That gives us 7 teams. I'd be fine with that number, or if one more person was interested, going with 8. Not sure how many people are still playing this game heavily though. And the sooner we can get started, the better.

Not sure if everyone has joined the league yet (the only one I wasn't able to send an invite to was DestroVega, but I'll do that within the next hour or two), but tonight would be a great night to start playing games. Use the traditional CAG Hockey Night to get some league action going. I'll definitely be available if anyone wants to play.

Ammowasted and I played our two games tonight. It looks like the only two people that haven't joined the league are ajh2298 and Matt Young. Try to start getting some games played, guys.

[quote name='ammowasted']Great games n8rocker, I'll get you next time =P[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, man. They were great games! Lots of strong defense! Like I said, they easily could have gone either way. Once the first one went to the shootout, I really thought you were going to get me. Hopefully we'll meet again in the playoffs.

I'll be able to play. I'm completely snowed in. We got two feet of snow dumped on us in the past 24 hours, and it's still coming down. I can hop on right now if you're available, Alan.

Split a couple of really good games with Alan. 1-0 seems to be the popular score when you have guys playing good defense. The only person who hasn't joined the league yet is Matt Young. You should have an invite, Matt, so get to it. Hope others are able to play some games soon.

Yeah, I was just busy last night so I didn't get on. I'll accept the invite today, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to play any games until Monday since I have a party tonight to go to, and I'm going to be busy in the evening tomorrow.

By the way, Nate, I saw your pictures of the snow on Facebook. I do not miss cold winters at all. It gets down to 60 here in the daytime; that's cool enough.

yeah, last night was a wash. Completely forgot my gf's flight was last night so I had to run her up to Milwaukee. I can get on right now if anyone wants to get a couple of games in

If anybody wants to play I should be free the next two days pretty much anytime past 4:30pm est. Just send me a PM or if you see me on XBL send me a message there.

I was on for a couple hours yesterday and I've been on today, but no one from the league has signed in. I'd imagine people are busy with the holidays, but if anyone's around, let's plan a game. I'll be around tonight some, but even more tomorrow after the Lakers game.

Yeah, I'm heading out the door in about an hour and I'll be gone till late Monday. I'll be ready to play some games when I get back. Hope everybody has a great holiday!

Hey, just a heads up to all the ex-members of any CAG related hockey venture...

I had my friend list fill up, so I had to delete any CAG person who I am not currently in a league with, and since the club team is basically finito, the only ones left from CAG on my list are the 6 guys currently in this league. No offense to anyone, just had no more space.

If ever we need to re-add each other, we are good to go.

work comes to a screeching halt tomorrow at 5 p.m., I'll be able to play more.. also, will be on tonight if anyone wants to get a few games in.

[quote name='DestroVega']Hey, just a heads up to all the ex-members of any CAG related hockey venture...

I had my friend list fill up, so I had to delete any CAG person who I am not currently in a league with, and since the club team is basically finito, the only ones left from CAG on my list are the 6 guys currently in this league. No offense to anyone, just had no more space.

If ever we need to re-add each other, we are good to go.

work comes to a screeching halt tomorrow at 5 p.m., I'll be able to play more.. also, will be on tonight if anyone wants to get a few games in.[/QUOTE]

Hey, man. It happens. I'm sure the next Xbox system will have an infinite friend list, since this one is limited to 100 no matter what they do. As for this league, I'm back home and ready for action. I should also be available to play sometime tonight, and probably sometime tomorrow. I'd like to get some games in, and hope that everyone else tries to as well.

You all realize there is an achievement for playing in a league playoff game, right? And there's one for winning a league too. I think that would be a pretty nice "CAG trophy" to have. :)

I can play any time after 4 PM EST today if anyone I haven't played yet will be available. Hell, even if someone I have played wants to play some OTP for fun, let me know. Need to play more hockey.

I have a Madden game scheduled in less than an hour, but I can probably play after that, assuming I don't get too pissed off when I get raped in Madden.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have a Madden game scheduled in less than an hour, but I can probably play after that, assuming I don't get too pissed off when I get raped in Madden.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well let me know, Matt. I should be around for most of the night tonight, so whenever you can play.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, well let me know, Matt. I should be around for most of the night tonight, so whenever you can play.[/QUOTE]

I'll be around to finally get some games in, in about a couple of hours

Cool. I just split 2 games with ajh. The only people I need to play are Matt and fart_bubble. Hope the rest of you guys link up tonight too. I don't think I'm going to put any "games per week" requirement on the league, but if anyone has a date in mind by which they'd like to start the playoffs, I could just boot whoever has the fewest games played by that time. But for now, let's just all try to get through the season the way its intended.

Hockey tonight? Who's available? The only opponent I have left for league is fart_bubble (who has lost his game, I guess). I'd love to play some OTP though. Anybody up for it?

Can you boot me from the league? I can't find my copy to save my life, I've looked everywhere I can think of and it still hasn't popped up.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Can you boot me from the league? I can't find my copy to save my life, I've looked everywhere I can think of and it still hasn't popped up.[/QUOTE]

I can. But I would be rifling through your friend's shit if I were you. How does a game just disappear? There's only so many places it can be, right?

Yeah, I'm trying to keep it active. I've played everybody (if fart_bubble is indeed out). I just wish others would talk and try to set up times to play each other. I'd really like to at least get one league to work this year.

Magicking, I'll send you an invite the next time I'm on.

Thanks. Speaking of working, it would be nice if we could get the hockey team to play a few more matches, but no one ever seems to be on at the same time.

[quote name='Magicking610']Thanks. Speaking of working, it would be nice if we could get the hockey team to play a few more matches, but no one ever seems to be on at the same time.[/QUOTE]

That's why the "official" night for playing is on Fridays from 8PM EST to 12 AM EST. With all the big games that were released over the past 3 months, trying to get people together one night a week is hard enough. Other times are very hit and miss. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this Friday though.

[quote name='DestroVega']hey I'll be around all day Saturday... anyone free let me know.[/QUOTE]
I'll play you Saturday. I'll know my schedule closer towards the end of the week if you want to set up a time. I believe that you are my last opponent besides magic...I'll have to double check the league stats to make sure.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's why the "official" night for playing is on Fridays from 8PM EST to 12 AM EST. With all the big games that were released over the past 3 months, trying to get people together one night a week is hard enough. Other times are very hit and miss. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this Friday though.[/QUOTE]

Private matches?

[quote name='moojuice']I'll play you Saturday. I'll know my schedule closer towards the end of the week if you want to set up a time. I believe that you are my last opponent besides magic...I'll have to double check the league stats to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about me!

[quote name='Matt Young']Private matches?[/QUOTE]

We could do that if there are enough people...meaning at least 4 (no sense in playing 2 vs 1). I know you're signed up with the LetsGoKings team, Matt, and you don't want to leave them, but ultimately, it just depends which team actually allows you to get some use out of the game. If you play with them regularly, by all means, stay with them.

I just want to get my money's worth out of this game...and that's what everybody should be doing. I'll even use Alan as an example. He left to find a team that plays more often, and I didn't blame him one bit. $60 is a lot to spend to just sit on an inactive roster.

Although, last I checked, Alan, I don't think your team has played in awhile. So, you're more than welcome to join back up with us if you're still searching for a steady team (God knows I am. That's why I keep creating new ones, lol).

Anyway, no expectations from anybody. Just want to get back to enjoying the game. As I told Gary, believe it or not, even with all the cheaters out there, it is possible. Hoping for a good turn out on Friday. :)

bread's done
Back