City of Heroes $14.99 at Bestbuy.com

yeah this is instore, since it was in the weekly ad.

for 15 bucks, its worth it because it comes with the 30 day trial. I played it but gave it up for WoW, but you will get a solid 4 weeks of play out of it, which is certainly worth the price.

Wonder why the price has dived so much since I've been seeing it steadily go down recently, my understanding is that there's a good number of people who play it. Might have to pick it up for that price.

Excellent price for that. For anyone who doesn't mind the $15 a month cost, it's a whole lot of fun.

And as far as new editions go, there's a DVD "Collector's edition" or something out now that comes with an extra comic book or two, a miniature, and something else I think. Not really worth getting if you can get the game for $15.

Apart from that, the only other new thing is City of Villains, which is supposed to be released in the fall, I think.

Wonder why the price has dived so much since I've been seeing it steadily go down recently, my understanding is that there's a good number of people who play it.

Prolly feeling the hurt from Wow. My guess is they money from the actual game is peanuts compared to a loyal player shelling out $ for years.

Yeah. That's actually kinda why I wonder why some big MMORPG doesn't release itself for $20 or $30 right off the bat. That'd help to get good will from the players, and they'd probably be more willing to stay with the game longer.

In any case, I think I'll fire my CoH account back up again sometime soon. They just did another mini-expansion, so I wanna go admire all the new stuff.

havn't been hiding under a rock, i just have very little interest in pc games. arn't they are being sued by marvel for copy right infringment for some of the char designs?

Yeah, you still have to pay $15 a month.

And yeah, they're being sued because players can make characters that look vaguely like Marvel characters. It's a pretty sad attempt to sue.

I personally feel that any subcription based game should be free at launch, or equal to one month's subscription, at the most.

bread's done
Back