Newegg: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand for $14.99 (PS3)

It was around $11 FS on Amazon not too long ago (like yesterday and a week before).
I was considering buying it (had it in my cart), but now that it increased a couple of bucks, this game becomes a definite NO for me.

If it drops to ~$10, I might pick the game up for a couple of hours of fun.

Funny...the PS3 version on Amazon has been sitting for $36 as long as recent memory recalls. Newegg had the 360 version for $10 not too long ago, and it sold out quick...now it's back to $38 for 360.

So again...just a heads up for anyone wanting the PS3 version for cheap.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Funny...the PS3 version on Amazon has been sitting for $36 as long as recent memory recalls. Newegg had the 360 version for $15 not too long ago, and it sold out quick...now it's back to $38 for 360.

So again...just a heads up for anyone wanting the PS3 version for cheap.[/QUOTE]

It was actually 9.95 for the 360. I picked one up... that's about all I could justify spending on that game anyway. Why are PS3 games always more expensive, even on sale? :p

[quote name='Static']It was actually 9.95 for the 360. I picked one up... that's about all I could justify spending on that game anyway. Why are PS3 games always more expensive, even on sale? :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks man...I made the changes when I went back to the archived threads for the sale on the the 360 version being $9.99.

I also have no idea why PS3 versions of the same game are often $5 more even on sale from their 360 counterparts. Perhaps there are fewer copies? BR discs cost more to manufacture? Or maybe retailers just arbitrarily feel like selling them for more?

OK, I feel like I've posted too much in my own thread now. I don't want to pull a "Casteor". ;)

More in demand maybe-- result in shortage-- results in driving up prices / fewer copies on PS3.

Thanks OP. I dont recall this ever dropping below $15 on Amazon, because I have had the Price Tracker set to notify me. I believe its just the 360 version that has been as low as $9 with FS.

I wouldve pulled the trigger on this in a second a few weeks ago, but I have since bought a lot of other great deals, so I think Ill sleep on this one.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thanks OP. I dont recall this ever dropping below $15 on Amazon, because I have had the Price Tracker set to notify me. I believe its just the 360 version that has been as low as $9 with FS.

I wouldve pulled the trigger on this in a second a few weeks ago, but I have since bought a lot of other great deals, so I think Ill sleep on this one.[/QUOTE]

It was like $11.95 just the other day (and has been at that price for like a week) for PS3.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, thanks man...I made the changes when I went back to the archived threads for the sale on the the 360 version being $9.99.

I also have no idea why PS3 versions of the same game are often $5 more even on sale from their 360 counterparts. Perhaps there are fewer copies? BR discs cost more to manufacture? Or maybe retailers just arbitrarily feel like selling them for more?

OK, I feel like I've posted too much in my own thread now. I don't want to pull a "Casteor". ;)[/QUOTE]
It's gotta be something to do with manufacturing the Blu Rau discs...

I bought this for PS3 like two months ago for $15 shipped. Its a decent game that is fun to blast through in a weekend with a buddy. It sucks though that they never included trophy support for us in the USA.

[quote name='Casteor']It was around $11 FS on Amazon not too long ago (like yesterday and a week before).
I was considering buying it (had it in my cart), but now that it increased a couple of bucks, this game becomes a definite NO for me.

If it drops to ~$10, I might pick the game up for a couple of hours of fun.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it hasn't been lower than $34.93 on AMAZON. That was probably a reseller.

[quote name='vx2']Sorry, it hasn't been lower than $34.93 on AMAZON. That was probably a reseller.[/QUOTE]

No, I swear. It was being sold by THQ for ~11.45 FS for PS3.

I'm telling you like it is.

[quote name='Casteor']No, I swear. It was being sold by THQ for ~11.45 FS for PS3.

I'm telling you like it is.[/QUOTE]

I guess, if you say so...would have been nice if someone posted about it. The price tracker never sent me any notifications.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I guess, if you say so...would have been nice if someone posted about it. The price tracker never sent me any notifications.[/QUOTE]

I believe there was a post about it...
I didn't get the game-- only had it in my cart for a whole week or so at ~$11.45 FS (NEW PS3).

I would have gotten if it was under $10, though.

[quote name='mis0']According to camelx3.. you're wrong Casteor.

Like you said, it was probably being sold for $11.xx as you claimed by THQ themselves but it was never sold my Amazon directly for anything less than $34.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0018092BO[/QUOTE]

Well, I meant being sold on the website AMAZON.com by the seller of notable company "THQ" at the price of "$11.xx NEW PS3 FS"

fuck technicalities.

[quote name='Casteor']I believe there was a post about it...
I didn't get the game-- only had it in my cart for a whole week or so at ~$11.45 FS (NEW PS3).

I would have gotten if it was under $10, though.[/QUOTE]

After looking through the archived threads, the only price I see closest to what you mention was $11.79 (PS3) from Hubbagames via Amazon over a week ago. When you factor in their $3.95 shipping, it comes to $15.74 total.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245764&highlight=cent+blood+sand&page=2

[quote name='Casteor']Well, I meant being sold on the website AMAZON.com by the seller of notable company "THQ" at the price of "$11.xx NEW PS3 FS"

fuck technicalities.[/QUOTE]

You need to calm down.

I already noted that you mentioned that it was sold by THQ, so again, calm down.

Lets get technical again. You claimed that it was being sold for $11.45, but according to the same website, that price never surfaced in the past week and a half.

Good job getting a great price on the game, no need to get belligerent now.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']After looking through the archived threads, the only price I see closest to what you mention was $11.78 (PS3) from Hubbagames via Amazon almost 2 weeks ago. When you factor in their $3.95 shipping, it comes to $15.73 total.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I recall seeing a shipping. Pretty sure it was FS. Tomb Raider was FS too by Hubbagames, but then went to $3.95 shipping.

[quote name='TLPRIME']I give this thread an E for entertainment.[/QUOTE]

..or E for Ego.

Hey, thats you!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Funny...the PS3 version on Amazon has been sitting for $36 as long as recent memory recalls. Newegg had the 360 version for $10 not too long ago, and it sold out quick...now it's back to $38 for 360.

So again...just a heads up for anyone wanting the PS3 version for cheap.[/QUOTE]Yeah, thanks! I just ordered it! I tend to buy multiplatform games for my Playstation 3 anyways so this was an awesome deal. That was actually the point where I was going to invest in this game was going to be $15. I never played the first game, but after hearing that this one was just stupid, hilarious fun I now can't wait to play this!

bread's done
Back