Buy 1 Month, Get 1 Free at GameFly

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sign up for a GameFly rental membership this weekend and get your first two months for $7.98 per month (two games out = $11.48/month). It's a cheap way to try out the service for an extended period of time. Offer ends Sunday, 12/20.

icongamefly.gif
Buy 1 Month, Get 1 Free at GameFly

[quote name='danh920']nice deal, is it only for new members?[/QUOTE]

Yea I kinda wanted to know that as well...

I dropped it a year ago, but with the influx of games this season I thought it would be worth it.

Hopefully I can rejoin at this price

Don't forget, you can get a free month of the two rentals plan as a member of The ECA. That ends up as a better deal, minus the whole being an ECA member and all that...

[quote name='Brownjohn']Don't forget, you can get a free month of the two rentals plan as a member of The ECA. That ends up as a better deal, minus the whole being an ECA member and all that...[/QUOTE]

I am sure you could find another one of those somewhere else without looking to hard.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Don't forget, you can get a free month of the two rentals plan as a member of The ECA. That ends up as a better deal, minus the whole being an ECA member and all that...[/QUOTE]

ECA won't be getting my CC info anytime soon.

Edit - You guys bought a lot of stuff over BF (like some new games, some older) etc and use GameFly, right? I see this as a great deal if your game collection is pretty weak. If I did GameFly, then I wouldn't have time or less time to spend on the games I have now. I'm on the fence on GameFly, even with the holiday deal.

Did the two games out at a time. Came out to roughly $25, ends 2/17.

Not a bad deal I spose. I used GameFly before in the future and the shipping times were pretty meh.

I leave Monday to go to my folks for the Holidays for a week. I doubt ill get any games before then. Hopefully ill have some good PS3 games waiting for my when I return with my new PS3. :)

[quote name='Chiss1']Did the two games out at a time. Came out to roughly $25, ends 2/17.

Not a bad deal I spose. I used GameFly before in the future and the shipping times were pretty meh.

I leave Monday to go to my folks for the Holidays for a week. I doubt ill get any games before then. Hopefully ill have some good PS3 games waiting for my when I return with my new PS3. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm...

Hey guys, I did a quick google search...
Not sure If I'm allowed to post to a site other than to other retailers, etc. but here goes

http://online-game-rental.com/

1 Game
out
$6.95 First Month
+ Magazine
bonus ($15.95/ month thereafter)
2 Games
out
$9.95 First Month
+ Magazine
bonus ($22.95/ month thereafter)

Pre-Paid Terms and Conditions

2 Games
out
Free Trial 10 Days
+ Magazine
bonus ($22.95/month there

Is that even legit?

Edit - Also, what's the "magazine bonus"-- GameFly's own magazine?

[quote name='Casteor']Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Lol...took me a minute to realize what I did. :lol:

PAST!

:lol::lol:

[quote name='Chiss1']Lol...took me a minute to realize what I did. :lol:

PAST!

:lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Was gonna ask if you were a soothsayer or something lol.

[quote name='AceSXE']Was gonna ask if you were a soothsayer or something lol.[/QUOTE]

A soothsayer is a person who claims to speak sooth: specifically one who predicts the future based upon personal, political, spiritual, mental, or religious beliefs rather than scientific principles. Typically, soothsayers include:

I learn something new everyday.

[quote name='Casteor']A soothsayer is a person who claims to speak sooth: specifically one who predicts the future based upon personal, political, spiritual, mental, or religious beliefs rather than scientific principles. Typically, soothsayers include:

I learn something new everyday.[/QUOTE]
LIES

A definition of a soothsayer is an old person who warn people named "Caesars" to beware the ides of march. And when said Caesars approach the soothsayer that the ides of march has approached, a soothsayer says back that the ides of march had come but not gone.

Thank you Ms. O'Brien and your class on Shakespeare in high school even though i hated it!

Someone said the word to me once and I didnt know it and had to look it up too. Just sounded better then fortune teller or something I guess.

cRodz - I am sure words can have more than one use. Dictionary.com has it as someone who professes to foretell events. So unless everyone else is BS'ing it can be used that way as well.

edit 2 - thanks bruce you beat me to it.

Thanks Cheapy- honest, but I am currently using a gift of three months with them and their shipping time SUCKS. PERIOD. So, I'll be canceling before they charge my credit card. For me, I have a HUGE backlog, so I can wait for the new releases to go down in price.

Great for those who want to try it. Who knows, I guess if you don't live where I do, it's fine (Washington)

I'm on a free trial right now and it wouldn't let me use this 'deal' so I don't think it's really 'buy' 1 month get 1 free, it's just a signup offer which is in fact inferior to others out there.

So far I am also unimpressed with the shipping times and will not sign up if things don't improve. Oh well, I am sure it's a deal for some people.

This has now turned into a dictionary thread.

Hey guys, just a heads-up, if you enter words in dictionary.com, you get FREE Shipping + NO tax + Instant gratification of slightly improving your knowledge of the English language.

No expiration either makes this a GREAT deal.

[quote name='friedram']Thanks Cheapy- honest, but I am currently using a gift of three months with them and their shipping time SUCKS. PERIOD. So, I'll be canceling before they charge my credit card. For me, I have a HUGE backlog, so I can wait for the new releases to go down in price.

Great for those who want to try it. Who knows, I guess if you don't live where I do, it's fine (Washington)[/QUOTE]

Reason i stopped my trial early. I had the two game trial and I had to rush to get four games in. I literally had my first two set of games for about three days before I had to send them in just so I could get the other two and ship them back before the trial ended (Illinois).

If they can get the speed (or amount of shipping centers) as Netflix (They have one right in St. Louis which is 30 minutes away from me) then I will rejoin Gamefly. I can get a movie send one back and get another within one week. For gamefly is was get one, send on back a week and a half later get the other (roughly).

I finally enlisted in Gamefly because of this promotion. However, they of course charged my card the full price instead of the introductory price they indicate on the page. Luckily, before I purchased, I actually read through all of the terms and they're pretty clear they won't do that until the first period is over. All in all, I'd say I'm pretty stoked on this because now I'm going to call and complain tomorrow until I get free stuff :)

[quote name='Kaltic']Reason i stopped my trial early. I had the two game trial and I had to rush to get four games in. I literally had my first two set of games for about three days before I had to send them in just so I could get the other two and ship them back before the trial ended (Illinois).

If they can get the speed (or amount of shipping centers) as Netflix (They have one right in St. Louis which is 30 minutes away from me) then I will rejoin Gamefly. I can get a movie send one back and get another within one week. For gamefly is was get one, send on back a week and a half later get the other (roughly).[/QUOTE]

Same for me, it took gamefly forever to get my games to me its why I cancelled. But I wonder why netflix takes so long for you with a shipping center so close. If I put movies in the mail on monday for netflix, my next movie is here on wednesday, pretty much a 2 day turnaround all the time for me.

[quote name='Pokejohn']I finally enlisted in Gamefly because of this promotion. However, they of course charged my card the full price instead of the introductory price they indicate on the page. Luckily, before I purchased, I actually read through all of the terms and they're pretty clear they won't do that until the first period is over. All in all, I'd say I'm pretty stoked on this because now I'm going to call and complain tomorrow until I get free stuff :)[/QUOTE]

Right under the red price it states "Billed once at $xx.xx"

[quote name='hpv']Can you buy this as a gift?[/QUOTE]

Don't need a soothsayer to answer this... NO, you can't buy this as a gift. Learned something new today, thanks guys.

i been with them for a few years at 3 at a time.. I Dropped all the way back to 1 at a time (and would cancel but dont want to lose my 10% discount)

if you just play handheld games ...

Last good Ds game ZELDA DEC 7 2009 Next good ds game 1/14/2010 or later that is over a month with NO DS GAMES COMING OUT

they keep pushing back fighting fantasy

Dont even get me started on PSP games

Next PSP game jan 12 2010 Last PSP GAME 12/7 again over a month for no new games...

sort of shocked there are no New DS or PSP games coming in the month of dec

Isn't the 1-game-out plan usually $8.99 a month? That's what it says on all the ads plastered everywhere, so how is this B1G1? Not trying to be a smartass here, I've been reconsidering GF for a while now and would like to jump on this deal if it's actually a deal.

[quote name='whitereflection']Isn't the 1-game-out plan usually $8.99 a month? That's what it says on all the ads plastered everywhere, so how is this B1G1? Not trying to be a smartass here, I've been reconsidering GF for a while now and would like to jump on this deal if it's actually a deal.[/QUOTE]

$8.99 is a promotional price. The standard price for 1 game is $15.99.

BTW, if you live in southern california like I do, shipping is usually 1 day since the games come from Long Beach.

I've been very happy with gamefly in the two months I've been a member.

Living in Jersey and being one state over from the Pitt distribution center, I would say the turnaround times are usually pretty good. Like other CAGs have suggested, though, I definitely believe that GF throttles accounts from time-to-time, especially if you're the kind of person who returns a lot of games very quickly.

What I'm getting is that although this deal is great, it's only for new members. I'd be a new member.

-Shipping times are slow
-Waste of money if you have a backlog

So how about shipping it back to GF... you got to pay for the shipping?

[quote name='Casteor']So how about shipping it back to GF... you got to pay for the shipping?[/QUOTE]

No, the games come in a pre-paid envelope for shipping back to the distribution center.

[quote name='Fors78']Same for me, it took gamefly forever to get my games to me its why I cancelled. But I wonder why netflix takes so long for you with a shipping center so close. If I put movies in the mail on monday for netflix, my next movie is here on wednesday, pretty much a 2 day turnaround all the time for me.[/QUOTE]
I get a movie 1 day then takes 2 days to get the next and so one would make roughly 7 days for 2 movies. I said it I could get 2 movies within a week depending on how quickly I watch them.

I only have a 1 movie out at a time deal because I mainly wanted Netflix for the Xbox 360 and within shipping so fast I have no need for 2 movies at a time.

But yeah 1 movie every roughly 3-4 days to me is quite good for the 9.95 (i think thats what it costs). 1 game every 7 - 14 days for 15.95 a month doesn't sound as good to me. Granted games do cost more, but more time is spent on games too.

Now Gamefly prices are pretty similar to movie rental places (cheaper if you only want one game for an entire month). But that is it... I don't want to spend $7 for a five day rental so I am for sure not spending 15.95 for craptastic shipping times.

Damn I miss Movie Gallery 2.99 for a 7 day rental. That was heaven... until they decided to jack it up to $5 for 5 night in the same week and go out of business. Whoever thought that was smart is an idiot.

Gamefly turnaround is like this for me:

I live in the Bay Area of California. Nearest(well only) shipping center is in Long Beach; roughly 5 hours away. I send my game, they get it in about 3 days, they send out my game, I get it in 3 to 4. Not HORRIBLE but not nearly as good as Netflix.

Netflix I get in a day because the shipping center is all of 20 minutes away from my apartment.

I still say it's worth it. I have the 1 game plan and it's saved me some money already; I'd have been really pissed off if I paid $60 for Brutal Legend.

[quote name='Donnums']I live in the Bay Area of California. Nearest(well only) shipping center is in Long Beach; roughly 5 hours away. .[/QUOTE]

That's actually not the only shipping center. I had a game come from North Carolina, or somewhere else on the east coast, and I'm in southern California. That game came pretty quick though. I think I got it within three days from when they said they shipped it.

generally it takes 3 days turnaround from when i put one game in the mail til I get the next but my mail people always scan it or whatever for quick return

Signed back up with GF the first of the month after not having them for a while and was a little worried about shipping times with some of the complaints I've seen. Overlord II only took 2 days shipping and sent it back on Monday and it showed returned on Wednesday. Dragon Age didn't ship until today but it was Low Availability so no complaints there. So far GF is just as good as before or even maybe better because I didn't expect Dragon Age to ship so quickly.

I signed up with Gift Certificates so I'm on the 1-game plan for the next 6-months but will probably jump up to two when those end. If I receive more for Christmas I wonder if I can apply them to an upgrade to 2-game plan? Not sure if that would work out with the price difference. I already saved 10% with buying the Gift Certificates and if I get any as presents, then that's free to me so I guess I won't complain and just stick to the 1/plan. If shipping times stay this good then I'll easily be able to play 2 games a month and that will keep me busy.

[quote name='Brownjohn']That's actually not the only shipping center. I had a game come from North Carolina, or somewhere else on the east coast, and I'm in southern California. That game came pretty quick though. I think I got it within three days from when they said they shipped it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant the only one in California. I think there's like 6 shipping centers in the U.S.

bread's done
Back