Game of the Decade?

Well, Torment, X-Com, and Starcraft are all out with that stipulation. And I don't think any Fire Emblem deserves that title.
Wind Waker. Honourable mention to Knights of the Old Republic.

[quote name='The Crotch']Well, Torment, X-Com, and Starcraft are all out with that stipulation. And I don't think any Fire Emblem deserves that title.
Wind Waker. Honourable mention to Knights of the Old Republic.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Wind Waker.

My Favorite LoZ and the only one I've gone back and beaten 5 times.

Honorable mention goes to MGS: Snake Eater, I've squeezed every hour possible out of that game.

I think any objective analysis would show WoW to be the only correct answer. I've never played it but I doubt any other game even comes close to it in terms of number of players and number of hours played (at least no console game).

[quote name='The Linguist']I think any objective analysis would show WoW to be the only correct answer. I've never played it but I doubt any other game even comes close to it in terms of number of players and number of hours played (at least no console game).[/QUOTE]

Problem with this is that then only a PC MMORPG can win this award. Everquest would probably be second on this list.

I think of this more of an individual player. For me, it would be Oblivion. It's my favorite game every made, put over 120 hours into it (and still play it, though not as religiously as a couple years back).

Tough to pick one....

I'd probably say Gears of War 1 & 2 (can't pick between them) as the co-op in that was probably the best gaming experience I've had this decade.

Other contenders would be: Bioshock, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Oblivion (still need to play Fallout 3), Guitar Hero 1 &2/Rock Band 1&2, Zelda Twighlight Princess, some of the GBA/DS Castlevania games, Modern Warfare 1 & 2, Half-Life 2 and expansions, and more I'm forgetting.

Ico

Runners up (in no particular order): Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock, RE4, Psychonauts, Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations, Valkyria Chronicles, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played so many great games over the last 10 years that pointing to just one and saying "you're the best" is almost impossible. For me personally, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater & Call of Duty 2 were two of the most memorable games I've played this decade. Fantastic games that I may never play again to avoid tarnishing the memory. I'm not sure that if I really thought about it that either would be my Game of the Decade, but they were the first two to pop into my head.

Mass Effect for how I could just get lost in the game and suddenly realize 3-4 hours just flashed by but for the game that I loved to play with friends online is COD4.

I'd have to say one of these:
GTA: San Andreas (truly had everything you could ever want to do in one of these games)
Final Fantasy X (I don't think its the best FF ever, but its damn good game looking back on it)
MGS 3: Snake Eater - this is the pinnacle of PS2 gaming, and I would have to say PS2 was the system of the decade.

GTA III is the one shook the industry the most.

Personally, its a toss up between Wind Waker (playable cartoon) or Bioshock (first game to really bring actual story telling to the masses even if the story in retrospect is slightly mediocre)

Would be interesting if 1 year from today there were 10 threads with poll options of at least 10 games per year and the top 2 get chosen for the 11th thread ballot called "Game of the Decade by CAGs".

Looking at my list of favorite games (mostly RPGs), only a few were released this decade. This includes Valkyrie Profile, Valkyria Chronicles, Mother 3, Illbleed, Code Veronica, and RE4. Out of those, I'm not sure. None of them are my top, top favorites but still excellent games.

EDIT: The Dragon Quest III-IV-V remakes are also great but I don't really count them since they are remakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back