New Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottleib Collection

It looks sweet! However 7 of the tables are repeats from PHOF Gottlieb Collection for gamecube. But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy them just as much :)

How do the physics on these games compare to real pinball machines? If a Bally collection comes out, I might bite on that, especially if it has Attack from Mars (and The Addams Family, but that's probably a long shot).

[quote name='blueshinra']How do the physics on these games compare to real pinball machines? If a Bally collection comes out, I might bite on that, especially if it has Attack from Mars (and The Addams Family, but that's probably a long shot).[/QUOTE]

it's pretty good. There is a tiny bit of float but nothing that screws you up. The first one and the Crush games are probably the best pinball games to ever hit the consoles and PC.

And yeah, licensed tables are pretty much a no go

So GameFAQs (my go-to source for unreleased, obscure as fuck games) is conflicted on this one. It's out at Best Buy now, (timed exclusive) and some people who bought it say that it's just the old one from 2006 with new tables. The problem there is that the old Gottleib Collection had poor physics. However, IGN says that it has the same engine from the Williams Collection.

I WANT TO BELIVE

HD graphics do help these games, especially with more complex pinball machines, so I'm more looking forward to a 360 version. Having said that, with the 360 Williams Collection I do miss the motion control for bumping the machine. And I'm not actually sure if I can wait, so I may end up buying this one, then getting the 360 version later on. That this is coming to the Wii first is for that very reason, I'm sure. :) Hopefully we get a Bally collection sooner rather then later.

I picked this up. The physics are greatly improved, but the ball just looks weird, unless that's how the ball always looked in Gottlieb machines. Plus, I've gotten used to playing Williams on my 360 now, so that didn't help matters either. Other than that, it's a good game, but the tables are on the older side, whereas the Williams has more tables with modern conventions (dot matrix screens, etc). Still worth the $20 I got it for at Best Buy though.

[quote name='Josef']What's old is new again apparently.[/QUOTE]

Well, the physics are new anyway, which pretty much makes it play like a whole new game compared to the first release a few years ago.

bread's done
Back