GOG.com Holiday Sale - 25% to 40% Off

Now that is what I am talking about. This place as tons of little gems of games I haven't found else where. Do at least take a look here.

Nice! I was hoping steam would do something like this. I was day dreaminga bout it last night actually..."STEAM 50% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE!" yeah....lol

Bahhh. My dad bought Duke Nukem 3D over thanksgiving break (Couldn't get our CD to work anymore).

Good deals though.

Awesome! Picked up:

Redneck Rampage Collection
Decent 1 & 2
Decent 3 & Expansion
Duke Nukem 3D
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (I LOVED Men of War; this is the game that inspired that)

All for $23.05!

Might go back for more :) Update: Went back and grabbed JA 2 and JA2:UB... still might go back for more! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsukento']Beyond Good & Evil for $6.99, Psychonauts for $7.49 and Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 for $3.89? SOLD![/QUOTE]

Also DRM free with modern OS compatibility ;)

DAMN, going to be getting a lot! Thanks OP, love how GoG stuff gets posted here before I even get the email from them!!

^^sure you can! even play them on multiple computers. Its really cool how it organizes your library..its kind of like Libra where you have covers on a shelf and can even move them around. Alot of the games come w/ bonus stuff like wallpaper, avatars, and even soundtracks. All games even have PDF manuals, quick-sheets, reference cards, etc..

[quote name='token2k6']^^sure you can! even play them on multiple computers. Its really cool how it organizes your library..its kind of like Libra where you have covers on a shelf and can even move them around. Alot of the games come w/ bonus stuff like wallpaper, avatars, and even soundtracks. All games even have PDF manuals, quick-sheets, reference cards, etc..[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you. Also note that you can get the first two Tex Murphy games for free if you register (free) before the 24th.

[quote name='token2k6']^^sure you can! even play them on multiple computers. Its really cool how it organizes your library..its kind of like Libra where you have covers on a shelf and can even move them around. Alot of the games come w/ bonus stuff like wallpaper, avatars, and even soundtracks. All games even have PDF manuals, quick-sheets, reference cards, etc..[/QUOTE]

Don't forget some come with ringtones. Duke Nukem for example comes with a ringtone.

So you guys have an idea how the shelf looks like.

shelf.jpg

Wow, this is even better than their anniversary/Interplay sale. Soooooo damn tempting for both MDK games.

[quote name='franken']So you guys have an idea how the shelf looks like. [/QUOTE]
That's pretty sweet. You get that from downloading at GOG.com?

[quote name='Tsukento']That's pretty sweet. You get that from downloading at GOG.com?[/QUOTE]

Thats when you go to the "my account" page. Instead of a boring list you get that. From there you can download the games and extras. You can also move them around and put them in the order you like.

[quote name='Tsukento']That's pretty sweet. You get that from downloading at GOG.com?[/QUOTE]

That's what's on their website that shows which games you own. After you click on a game, it gives you the option to straight out download the installer, or you can download it through a GoG downloader, which really is only needed for those people with slow internet that can't download the entire installer in one go. That's also where you download all the extras that people have been talking about.

I love GOG, even though i just bought all the Might and Magic's i fell they will be successful in suckin gmore money out of me.

Looking into Simon 1 and 2, and Septerra Core even though i have the CD, for the price it would be nice to have it Digitally and DRM free.

Damn, just bought the Heroes pack for 20 bucks and now they are going to be emptying my wallet further. Now I have to hope Steam doesn't have some crazy sale since this/torchlight/Machinarium all this weekend

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

I'm thankful that the sale runs through the 3rd. I don't get paid again until December 31st. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop $50 on a lot of these classics, maybe more!

This just cements my opinion that, unless you're dying to play something right away, there's simply to reason buy downloadable games retail, ever. I paid more for Psychonauts, for Earthworm Jim, for Fallout, for Giants, and so on, and so on.

But you know what? The prices I paid were still really, really good, and GOG.com is a fantastic site, so I'm not complaining--just observing. Digital distribution, for all its flaws, can actually make us say things like "I can't believe I paid $4.49 for Earthworm Jim 1 & 2! I'm such a sucker!" Strange times.

Now, to finally get Sacrifice (and probably many, many other games).

Edit: Also, thanks, OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of ECA..i was looking for that epic thread..i got an email the other day notifying my membership had been canceled when I didn't do anything but sign that google document..so hurrah for the internet i guess..

[quote name='Flak']Oh holy crap. My wallet is feeling the shrinkage. I wonder if this stacks with the ECA 20% code?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, the codes don't stack. It will just replace your current promotion. In addition, if you back out of the menu, then you will lose the code forever.

[quote name='Flak']Oh holy crap. My wallet is feeling the shrinkage. I wonder if this stacks with the ECA 20% code?[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% sure it doesn't. I've seen the question asked at gog when they had earlier sales, and the official answer was no.
Maybe they changed their stance since then, but I doubt it

This is a phat, phat sale. But Steam & Amazon struck earlier for me so I think I'm going to have to pass.

My recommendations would be:

Might and Magic pack (first person party RPG)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (turnbased fantasy)
Fallout 1 & 2
Sanitarium (morbid, Silent Hill/McGee's Alice-themed, adventure)

[quote name='opportunity777']Last time I checked, the codes don't stack. It will just replace your current promotion. In addition, if you back out of the menu, then you will lose the code forever.[/QUOTE]

I just did this a few weeks ago. The code will be reset/cleared in ~48 hours. When in doubt, contact support. They were very prompt and helpful when I contacted them.

Very nice deals! Might pick up Far Cry 1. Hate having to install it via 5 CDs. Would be nice just to have one simple file.

REALLY wish Myst and Riven were part of those deals. That's some good nostalgia right there.

nope, if you redeem the ECA code in your cart it then takes the discount from the original price

I tried and my total actually went up :lol: needless to say I canceled that order to remove the coupon from my cart

[quote name='Trelow']I just did this a few weeks ago. The code will be reset/cleared in ~48 hours. When in doubt, contact support. They were very prompt and helpful when I contacted them.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's good to know. I couldn't use my code at all, but I was able to get another as well.

[quote name='jumbo11']Are the GOG games downloaded/installed independently or do you have to use their client/website to play?[/QUOTE]

GOG offers a download client you can use, but you can also directly download the installers through your normal browser. Once they are downloaded they are just normal DRM free setup programs you can run on any computer you want, there isn't a client that you need to install and there aren't online activation or number of install limits.

[quote name='SScorpio']GOG offers a download client you can use, but you can also directly download the installers through your normal browser. Once they are downloaded they are just normal DRM free setup programs you can run on any computer you want, there isn't a client that you need to install and there aren't online activation or number of install limits.[/QUOTE]

So the installers can be easily copied/backed up to any other computer or blank storage media for safekeeping? And if so and there are no usage restrictions, then how do they prevent piracy?

[quote name='bruceg']So the installers can be easily copied/backed up to any other computer or blank storage media for safekeeping? And if so and there are no usage restrictions, then how do they prevent piracy?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']They prevent it with goodwill.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what he said. Apparently, goodwill has gone a long way because the company's catalog has exploded into a nice collection.

bread's done
Back