3 Deals posted in the past month - Bye cag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylentwulf

CAGiversary!
Flame away, delete the thread, whatever. I'm just saying that 14 months ago, I had CAG on aim blog because it got updated so often and I kept missing great deals.

Now, there have been 3 deals posted in the past month and 3 days. Yes, I'm exluding the logitech wireless controller that's been posted 70 times, and the CAG-is teh uber post/deals/announcements. I'm talking flat out "here is a deal on a game" updates.

Bye. Thanx for rygar, harvest moon, onimusha, and 10 or so other games you helped me get in the past year or so!

if youre talking about the main page, id have to agree that deals are not posted on there nearly as much anymore. when i first signed up there were many deals, more than one a day sometimes. and recently there have been some good deals taht didnt make the main page. i saw the cheapy awards post forever before a deal was above that. i mean, i like the forums now, but i used to come here and just check out the main page and see what the good deals were. now that i think about it.... what the heck man, how come there arent nearly as many deals posted on the main page!

Thats silly, hell I scored 3 deals just this past week. Some of the best since I have been here, TRU 90% off, Kmart blue light, etc. Did you bother to actually look at the forums or just the front page?

I really think you're not looking hard enough.
Maybe they didn't apply to you, but there were three deals I took advatage of this weekend that came from the site (Kmart blue light, Miejer B1G1/2, and TRU 90%).

You do have to remember that deals ALWAYS dry up during the first quarter of the year.

Am I the only person who doesn't look at the main page at all any more? I mean, I just assume that the deals will be posted in the forums first. That IS how it's supposed to work right? :p This guy needs to chill.

Nice knowing you, f*cking cocksucker. Deals come and go, and there are always dry spells. People post whatever they come across. If you're not happy leeching the deals that people are posting lately, you should post some of your own, you ungrateful prick.

[quote name='JSweeney']I really think you're not looking hard enough.
Maybe they didn't apply to you, but there were three deals I took advatage of this weekend that came from the site (Kmart blue light, Miejer B1G1/2, and TRU 90%).

You do have to remember that deals ALWAYS dry up during the first quarter of the year.[/quote]

That, and I think Cheapy is very leery of posting YMMV deals on the front page. With the great deals like KMart, TRU and such, since they all vary slightly from store to store and is not a 'uniform' deal, I think Cheapy just tends to leave those for the forums.

[quote name='lain21us']Nice knowing you, f*cking cocksucker. Deals come and go, and there are always dry spells. People post whatever they come across. If you're not happy leeching the deals that people are posting lately, you should post some of your own, you ungrateful prick.[/quote]

OP is obviously misguided, but I think that you're own issues dwarf his.

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='JSweeney']I really think you're not looking hard enough.

You do have to remember that deals ALWAYS dry up during the first quarter of the year.[/quote]

That, and I think Cheapy is very leery of posting YMMV deals on the front page. With the great deals like KMart, TRU and such, since they all vary slightly from store to store and is not a 'uniform' deal, I think Cheapy just tends to leave those for the forums.[/quote]

Exactly. I actually like it better that way... sure people can just sign up and lurk, but usually if people are here long enough they start to post.
Getting new people in helps get more deals flowing in and keeps the community from getting stagnant.

It's not like we have to pay a subscription to get to this site, so I'll never complain about having to do a little (and I do mean a little) digging to find the deals.

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='mtxbass1']You're who again?[/quote]

ha ha ha ha ha[/quote]

I would like to add the following:

ha ha ha ha ha

In a perfect world, stuff would get highlighted on the front page more often. There's a thread being posted to right now where a guy's looking for Zelda Four Swords, and I have to break it to him that the best price was $21 shipped from Gamefly, and now they're out of stock. Truly a great deal, but it never got posted on the front page. Maybe that's intentional, such that only forum regulars get to see the best deals on limited quality stock, but at the same time, that's the sort of thing that I would expect to see in the site's RSS feed. I follow CAG pretty regularly so I don't miss much, but if the site is supposed to be of equal value to less frequent users, it probably does need more updates.

[quote name='dwsscs']Thats silly, hell I scored 3 deals just this past week. Some of the best since I have been here, TRU 90% off, Kmart blue light, etc. Did you bother to actually look at the forums or just the front page?[/quote]

I changed my mind and edited this post.

Who knows maybe he would or could have contributed to us here.

And as its been pointed out the deals are rock solid inside the threads. You have to do more than go to the front page.

But yes the season is drying up give it a few months and we will start to see it start all over.

Cheapy himself said not long ago that the reason deals don't get posted to the main page as often is because so many of the truly great deals die very very quickly these days.

i think it is cuz we just went through the holiday season and we are so use to the amount of deals we had then

for me being a new member last year, it was my first holiday season with CAG, and i too am starting to get bummed out that there are so little deals now

[quote name='sylentwulf']Flame away, delete the thread, whatever. I'm just saying that 14 months ago, I had CAG on aim blog because it got updated so often and I kept missing great deals.

Now, there have been 3 deals posted in the past month and 3 days. Yes, I'm exluding the logitech wireless controller that's been posted 70 times, and the CAG-is teh uber post/deals/announcements. I'm talking flat out "here is a deal on a game" updates.

Bye. Thanx for rygar, harvest moon, onimusha, and 10 or so other games you helped me get in the past year or so![/quote]

:wave:
:booty: Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

Seriously dude, have you ever seen anything positive come from a gasoline drenched thread? No.

Quit whining about there not being any deals posted. How many have you found and submitted to CAG? If there were deals to post, we'd be posting them.

If you just have to leave, then leave. Be a man about it. Walk away. Quit trying to get some sort of e-sympathy.

Come you guys we're being to mean to what's his name. I mean obviously what he has said means that we aren't doing something right. Maybe we should start forcing corporations to make more deals? I mean we could start a petition or something, they HAVE to have deals so that whats his name will stay on CAG! His insight will be sorely missed, come on you guys, whats his name can't go, the boards are going to fall apart, what will we do?

I have my own rules for deciding what winds up on the front page, but I really don't feel like going into again in detail, as its been covered before.

The fact is, there is a forum for ALL the gaming deals, which, is stocked with as many gaming deals as possible. If you can't get past the front page, you are missing out.

I prefer to keep some deals "private" for the CAG community. That is why registration is required for the deals forum and that is why everything doesn't make the front page. Access to the deals forum is your reward for joining the community. Yes, more money would be generated if the deals forum was "open", but I gladly trade off money for a closer and larger forum community.

I can understand why some would like to see everything on the front page, but this is the way the CAG ship is currently run.

p.s. the Captain is a dick.

[quote name='CheapyD']My New Year's Resolution: Less annoying CAGs in 2005! [/quote]

looks like you're coming through with that resolution already.

but yeah, i joined this place specifically because their was nothing on the front page and it seemed like all the good deals were on this forum right here, which they are.

Geez...... this is almost as bad as having a seizure from playing Castle Wolfenstein and having your cousin saying you're half-dead from CAG heartbreak.....

I love deals, but damn.....

Thanks to CAG I got MGS 3, Metroid Prime 2, and Viewtiful Joe all for $50. Thats just this month alone. So maybe you're not looking hard enough for deals. Anyways it was nice not knowing you.

[quote name='sylentwulf']
attention20whore.jpg
[/quote]

Later.

Since I gave the official CAG response, and not much can be added other than flames, I'm gonna lock this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back