Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

slickkill77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
battlefield-bad-company-2.jpg

Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC - featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across a wide range of huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus.

New vehicles like the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and the UH-60 transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone, extensive fine-tuning ensures that this will be the most realistic vehicle combat experience to date.

Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE ‘Frostbite’ engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own vantage points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique dynamic experience in every match.

Players can also compete in 4-player teams in 2 exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. Spawn on your squad to get straight into the action, and use gadgets such as the tracer dart in-conjunction with the RPG to devastating effect.

Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve.

Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehicles available. With 4 distinct character classes, and weapons, gadgets and specializations players have over 15000 kit variations to discover and master players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat.

All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in a modern warfare experience.

The game also sees the return of the B Company squad in a more mature and intense single player experience where the stakes are higher than ever.

Videos

200634_lback.jpg

200634_lback.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i am playing the beta and i am loving it.

PC Beta coming in january, might as well jump in if you have good computer.

It has to be better than the first one. That game was fucking horrid, I will check this out to give me a break from MW2

[quote name='Soodmeg']It has to be better than the first one. That game was fucking horrid, I will check this out to give me a break from MW2[/QUOTE]

I love the first one. Hell, I love how there is bullet drop as well and you have to aim ahead of the enemy, so I didn't think it was that horrid at all.

I guess Hardcore MW fans don't really like the first one. I hope they do what they did with the first one with the beta and giving us weapons for doing different things in the demo.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I love the first one. Hell, I love how there is bullet drop as well and you have to aim ahead of the enemy, so I didn't think it was that horrid at all.

I guess Hardcore MW fans don't really like the first one. I hope they do what they did with the first one with the beta and giving us weapons for doing different things in the demo.[/QUOTE]

Dont start that. First off, I am not a hardcore MW fan I actually like BF better when they are not screwing it up. I didnt like the first one because the first one was a complete joke of a game and didnt represent Battlefield in anyway.

It also had a complete waste of time in the single player as it was the most generic thing out that year. For a block buster title to have such a half ass single player is insulting. The squad system was the so completely broken you couldnt even hope to play it with your friends. Its a sin for a multiplayer game to screw up a squad system so badly.

Thats just a couple reason why the first one was charles barkley turable. Please dont pigeon hold me into that MW vs BF, casual vs hardcore deal.

EDIT: I hold battlefield to a much higher standard than a generic run and gun shooter that is 15 bucks at gamestop. That the real reason why I hated the first one so much. There wasnt a single moment in that game that held a candle to any of the other BF. Hell I had better times with BFMC for PS2 than I didnt with that trash. Just overall one of the worst BF games I ever played.

You all have it wrong.

Since when is Modern Warfare 2 (Auto-Aim) Hardcore?

Really? MW2? Hardcore?
lolCAG :lol::rofl::lol:

Anyways, Bad Company 2 is coming with this Realism mode.
That seems promising for you "Hardcore people", if you dont want a HUD, a radar,be guided by teammate's voice, lethal body shots and all of that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dont start that. First off, I am not a hardcore MW fan I actually like BF better when they are not screwing it up. I didnt like the first one because the first one was a complete joke of a game and didnt represent Battlefield in anyway.

It also had a complete waste of time in the single player as it was the most generic thing out that year. For a block buster title to have such a half ass single player is insulting. The squad system was the so completely broken you couldnt even hope to play it with your friends. Its a sin for a multiplayer game to screw up a squad system so badly.

Thats just a couple reason why the first one was charles barkley turable. Please dont pigeon hold me into that MW vs BF, casual vs hardcore deal.

EDIT: I hold battlefield to a much higher standard than a generic run and gun shooter that is 15 bucks at gamestop. That the real reason why I hated the first one so much. There wasnt a single moment in that game that held a candle to any of the other BF. Hell I had better times with BFMC for PS2 than I didnt with that trash. Just overall one of the worst BF games I ever played.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it didnt. I keep hearing this from all the Battlefield people.
Bad Company is set to guide the Battlefield games to a whole different path.
While the original Battefield's take it to the original path.

Battlefield 3 will come out. It will obviously not be like Bad Company and hopefully DICE makes it like BFMC, so there could be hope for you. :roll:

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dont start that. First off, I am not a hardcore MW fan I actually like BF better when they are not screwing it up. I didnt like the first one because the first one was a complete joke of a game and didnt represent Battlefield in anyway.

EDIT: I hold battlefield to a much higher standard than a generic run and gun shooter that is 15 bucks at gamestop. That the real reason why I hated the first one so much. There wasnt a single moment in that game that held a candle to any of the other BF. Hell I had better times with BFMC for PS2 than I didnt with that trash. Just overall one of the worst BF games I ever played.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say YOU were a Hardcore MW fan. I just said in general that there will always be the MW vs BF people. I liked the first one, I liked being a sniper and then becoming demo. But hey, to each is own. No need to go off cause of my opinion. :bouncy:

[quote name='cRodz']You all have it wrong.

Since when is Modern Warfare 2 (Auto-Aim) Hardcore?

Really? MW2? Hardcore?
lolCAG :lol::rofl::lol:

Anyways, Bad Company 2 is coming with this Realism mode.
That seems promising for you "Hardcore people", if you dont want a HUD, a radar,be guided by teammate's voice, lethal body shots and all of that.[/QUOTE]

That Realism mode will be freaking awesome IMHO. I wish they did that with Left 4 Dead 2. Thats what I first thought when I read about it. Headshots would kill the zombies only and if you died you'd become a zombie. But yah, I guess I must have read it wrong. Oh Well. First Day for me none the less.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I enjoyed the Bad Company game, it's not a $60 game but I will pick it up when it drops to $20-$30.[/QUOTE]

You can get Bad Company now for 19.99 Used. Alot of ones on Amazon as well for around 15 or so.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If this is correct, we should expect a demo on February 4th.[/QUOTE]

That's from a UK source. Do they release the demos worldwide at the same time? I guess we'll find out.

Usually it's worldwide but some times other regions get timed exclusives. I'm sure if it doesn't show up on the 4th here and it does there, we'll be seeing it shortly after.

The demo needs a helicopter, didn't see one in the map used in the beta.

Squad Rush sounds horrible, 2 teams of 4? The infantry combat were not the reason I played this game.

Its just another choice for multiplayer along with squad deathmatch. I'm sure the majority of people will still play Conquest/whatever they are calling it now.

From what I can there are four modes: Rush (gold rush from the first game), Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush and Conquest

I really hope that the way the game sounds in most the videos (i.e. radio chatter) is really the way the game will sound. BC1 sounds kinda empty minus the explosions.

I'm stoked for this game. Been playing Battlefield games since they first came out, enjoyed BC1, and have been looking forward to this coming out since they announced it. If there is any day one purchase this year for me, this is going to be it (followed incredibly closely by ME2). Come March 2nd I'll actually have an enjoyable multiplayer game again to boot up...

I put in a pre-order at gamestop with the $10 off $59.99 coupon. Came out to $52.99 shipped after 6% tax. That's better then amazon's $56.99, but I'll cancel and switch if amazon comes up with a better deal.

[quote name='crunchewy']I put in a pre-order at gamestop with the $10 off $59.99 coupon. Came out to $52.99 shipped after 6% tax. That's better then amazon's $56.99, but I'll cancel and switch if amazon comes up with a better deal.[/QUOTE]

care to elaborate on this coupon? i did a quick search and couldn't come across anything...if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great...

I believe the $10 off $59.99 coupon is over. It was "The Deal" several days back. Now it's just a free overnight shipping deal.

Thanks for the heads up on the demo. Will download it tonight.

About 2 hours logged. Not going to buy.

They nerfed my attack helicopter. I can't even see its rocket cool-down timer and they give freaking APCs anti-air so I see no point in the nerf. That UAV has different controls to the helicopter which is dumb to make players learn 2 flight controls. Blackhawk was easy to fly, but I see no point why it's on the Defenders' side (last camp no less). And the camera for third-person (to land the suckers) is the worst.

Infantry combat still makes me want to play CoD:MW2; even though it says I have a 2.2 ratio (higher than CoD:MW2).

Cases still kick to the left, I swear I saw they kicked to the right in some videos, what happened DICE?

Using the stationary Anti-Tank missile and machine gun on the tank is so easy.

I'm glad that being hit doesn't put a red dot over your head anymore, but any competent sniper will spam the select button until he sees red.

Reviving teammates is very useful, something I wish CoD:MW2 had for those in "last/final stand".

I don't like how sluggish the BF games are, everything just feels slow compared to every other shooter. I'm gonna skip this.

My god this game is amazing. Sniping is actually fun. Being a medic is fun. This sounds like and feels like war. And that is a lot more than I can say for Modern Campfare 2

Played the demo for about two hours, and the speed at which the game progresses is definitely not for me. I couldn't stand the jittery frame-rate, either.

I played for an hour or two last night and was pretty impressed. Note that I've never played CoD, nor any prior Battlefield. However, I sucked big time. I wish the demo had a single player mode. Oh well.

I'm wondering if I was experiencing lag, though. I was standing right in front of someone and unloaded my gun into them, but they didn't die and then I died. Am I just a clueless newb, or was this a lag issue? OK, I *am* a clueless newb, but was this lag as well? :) I've got a DSL connection, but I don't really see lag in other games. For example I was playing Aegis Wing online last night as well and that played perfectly, not that it is anything remotely like Battlefield, and I've also played GTAIV online, without issues.

played for a couple of hours and didn't come across any lag....some cheap deaths (stabbing a guy in the face only to take off 15% of his life while he kills me with one stab) but no lag. Voice chat would be nice

I played an hour or two last night and was not impressed.

Framerate seemed super low. Everything was jittery and just not smooth.

I seem to get stuck easily on the environment, like rocks and bushes.

The controls seemed too sensetive for me, trying to adjust slightly left or right to hit someone was frustrating.

Gameplay was overall very slow.

Now I will say that the only other BF game I've ever played was BF1943 for XBL, but I LOVED that game.

I'm not going to judge this game based on the demo alone, but it's no longer a day one purchase for me. MW2 just plays soo smoothly compared to this.

I hope my issues last night were caused by lag, server overcrowding and the beta nature of the demo, but if Dice doesn't improve that frame rate, I wont be playing this.

Demo feels like the first game, with re-done menus. I still can't play this series for any extended period of time due to the grainyness of the graphics. It gives me a headache and eye strain after about 10 minutes.

I played a little bit today. I was doing quite well as sniper considering you can be hidden pretty well and now this time, you can see WHO your spawning on. I can't wait for it really.

While it is disappointing to see the lack of CAG love for the game, I guess if it keeps the Modern Warfare 2 people away then I don't have a problem with that. I just don't get why people keep going back to Modern Warfare 2. Its the same crap every game. There is never any variety. That's why I love Battlefield (BF2 MC (favorite shooter ever), Bad Company and now Bad Company 2). You can be a medic and revive people, you can snipe people, you can hop in a tank/helicopter/boat/vehicle and own people. Plus the atmosphere in this game kicks the sh*t out of Modern Warfare 2. There's nothing like rushing through battle trying to revive your teammates while a tank is firing on you and guys are rushing at you.

But that's all my opinion of course.

It really helps if you play in a squad with 1-3 people that you know. It will immerse you much more in the combat.

I need to get a HDD soon. I loved the original BC1 online (coming from BF2/2142/Vietnam on PC, my PC is too old to run the new stuff). Does BC2 meet or exceed the original?

IMO it easily exceeds it. Destruction 2.0 is really cool. When a building comes down you really get the feeling that a big ass building is collapsing. The atmosphere is much better than the first game but it still has the Battlefield feel to it. I enjoyed Bad Company 1 but it was no Battlefield 2 (PC/Xbox/360 versions). Being able to customize your guns a little bit really adds to the game as well. The vehicles are as solid as ever especially the atv. The choppers are a little different feeling though. There are plenty of control schemes for combat, land vehicles, air vehicles etc...Words wouldn't begin to describe how happy I would be if they did a remake of backstab.

As for the Cod question, this game is really different. I enjoyed COD, don't get me wrong, but the constant camping pisses me off. Battlefield games are more about the total feel of war rather than being a one man army type of feel that I get from COD games. The vehicles really add a new element to things vs games with only guns. It forces you to either try other kits or to work together with your team to take down vehicles and objectives. Its not in the demo, but Conquest is where it's at. Its basically a giant game of continuous CTF with about 5-8 flags. You capture flags to get the enemy teams lives or "tickets" down. The more you hold the faster they drop.

I predicted from the PS3 demo that the 360 version would be fing awesome and it didn't disappoint. I Heart this demo and the near release of it.

Oh and... BC2 > MW2

bread's done
Back