Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition 59.99 at Target.com

Very interesting, though I think I'd prefer to just pay the extra and order from Amazon. I'm not sure I trust Target to not send out the standard edition or just cancel my order if/when they notice the mistake.

it is strange that "Mass Effect 2" only yields the CE on PC and X360 and no regular versions..I think they got the pics and info wrong, or I would definitely be getting this..$20 off MSRP release day? that's a deal!!

Those who have ordered this:

Does Target charge instantaneously? Or when it ships (a month later)?

Just asking, cause this might be a possible mix-up on their part and I really want the CE, and it's gotten abit more difficult w/o paying upfront because now Gamestop won't take pre-orders for this.

Great find, OP. Had been debating whether to get the CE version for a month, this deal solved my problems. That 10% off code worked like a charm too. Thanks Shock.

Ok both those codes work but one took off $6 the other took off only $5 and they do not stack. So unless someone knows for sure which is which put both in so you're assured the max amount off.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']Those who have ordered this:

Does Target charge instantaneously? Or when it ships (a month later)?

Just asking, cause this might be a possible mix-up on their part and I really want the CE, and it's gotten abit more difficult w/o paying upfront because now Gamestop won't take pre-orders for this.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know this answer? because if they dont charge you till ship then hell im in.

GOT IT:
When using a debit card connected with either a Visa or MasterCard, you must have sufficient funds in your account at the time of charge, as we charge for items at the time of shipment. All of these cards are accepted with 1-Click Ordering as well.

[quote name='Mako1215']Anyone know this answer? because if they dont charge you till ship then hell im in.

GOT IT:
When using a debit card connected with either a Visa or MasterCard, you must have sufficient funds in your account at the time of charge, as we charge for items at the time of shipment. All of these cards are accepted with 1-Click Ordering as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got a Visa debit card. I'm in on this, just hoping they don't pull a fast one on me, with the editions, but I'm sure I can cancel if anything

Total for shipping + 10% off is 60.20 with 6% tax. IF it is the CE thats damn good. Same price as the regular game.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']How likely will this hold??[/QUOTE]

Dunno, but if anything, Target will cancel. If that happens, I'm just going with Amazon.

FamilyVideo.com made this same mixup, so don't get your hopes up as they will 99.999999 percent just be cancelling /telling you this is only for reg. edition

Tempting because that is a great price. But, I'm sticking with AMazon. A) always super easy w/ Amazon and B) release day delivery. Plus, if you up shipping to 1 day, it bumps it up to $78 (w/o code).

[quote name='token2k6']it is strange that "Mass Effect 2" only yields the CE on PC and X360 and no regular versions..I think they got the pics and info wrong, or I would definitely be getting this..$20 off MSRP release day? that's a deal!![/QUOTE]

It's $10 off MSRP.

In for one, hoping this stays legit. :whistle2:#

Edit: I forgot about the Amazon pre-order bonus...
I'll probably cancel Target since it has a chance of sending the standard edition.

[quote name='markyshizzle'].uoıʇıpǝ 1ɐɯɹou ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɟɟo p1oɥ ɐuuob ɯı ʞuıɥʇ ı ʇnq ʇı ʇnoqɐ buıʞuıɥʇ sɐʍ ı[/QUOTE]

:whee:

^lol.

The item description is accurate on this. "The Collectors' Edition includes an art book, the first issue of the comic book Mass Effect: Redemption, a making-of DVD, and exclusive in-game weapons and armor."

I think y'all should save some screen captures (with dates/time) just in case and fight for it.

[quote name='mitch079']^lol.

The item description is accurate on this. "The Collectors' Edition includes an art book, the first issue of the comic book Mass Effect: Redemption, a making-of DVD, and exclusive in-game weapons and armor."

I think y'all should save some screen captures (with dates/time) just in case and fight for it.[/QUOTE]

I did, thanks. I took 6 of them! =)

A few of the lowered price, the item description, my order yet to be shipped and the email after I 'ordered'.

This seems to be a legitimate deal to me. I went ahead and ordered, as I could always return it to the store.

Basically, the tradeoff is standard edition from Amazon for $57 with $10 credit, plus the preorder bonus... OR $60-$62 for the collector's edition from Target, no preorder bonus. I chose the latter. (Or $70 w/ preorder bonus from Amazon for CE.)

Actually, does anyone know if Target gets a preorder bonus?

[quote name='thanksbetotap']This seems to be a legitimate deal to me. I went ahead and ordered, as I could always return it to the store.

Basically, the tradeoff is standard edition from Amazon for $57 with $10 credit, plus the preorder bonus... OR $60-$62 for the collector's edition from Target, no preorder bonus. I chose the latter. (Or $70 w/ preorder bonus from Amazon for CE.)

Actually, does anyone know if Target gets a preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe Target does. Also, just so you know, Target had something like this in the past where they listed the CE of a game for the normal edition price, and then shipped out the normal edition to people. So, I really wouldn't count on receiving the CE.

When Target.com had Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $40 before launch, at least one CAG who ordered it had the regular version show up. I'd be a little wary about the regular version showing up, though it seems likely that they might follow-through on it.

Then again, after the delays I had with Target following through on my order for F3 GOTY edition, I'd never order from them again.

I'll never buy from Target except in store unless I'm really desperate, too many delays on my end and reported mix-ups by other CAGS to warrant my business.

well, I placed the order and check out the message I get in the confirmation email:

"Please note that your Order Acknowledgement means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed.

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. As part of our shipping procedures, we verify price before an item is shipped out.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email."

I think we are screwed since it notes that one item in my cart has no price.....

[quote name='drduranduran']well, I placed the order and check out the message I get in the confirmation email:

"Please note that your Order Acknowledgement means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed.

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. As part of our shipping procedures, we verify price before an item is shipped out.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email."

I think we are screwed since it notes that one item in my cart has no price.....
[/QUOTE]

I left out this part before....sorry:

"
Please note: At least one item in your order does not yet have a price. We'll e-mail you once it's announced by the publisher. (Don't worry--we won't ship until you approve the price.)
"

Just went to Best Buy. Xbox 360 preorder box says 360 standard version is going to cost $49.99, and the collector's edition is going to be $59.99. Went to the PC section, and standard edition will only be $39.99 and collector's will be $49.99. I even confirmed this with the manager of the Concord, CA store. I can go back and take a picture, but so many people have Best Buys near them, that they can just look for themselves.

[quote name='Zantra']Just went to Best Buy. Xbox 360 preorder box says 360 standard version is going to cost $49.99, and the collector's edition is going to be $59.99. Went to the PC section, and standard edition will only be $39.99 and collector's will be $49.99. I even confirmed this with the manager of the Concord, CA store. I can go back and take a picture, but so many people have Best Buys near them, that they can just look for themselves.[/QUOTE]

Shut Up! That's a pretty big deal, if true.

[quote name='Zantra']Just went to Best Buy. Xbox 360 preorder box says 360 standard version is going to cost $49.99, and the collector's edition is going to be $59.99. Went to the PC section, and standard edition will only be $39.99 and collector's will be $49.99. I even confirmed this with the manager of the Concord, CA store. I can go back and take a picture, but so many people have Best Buys near them, that they can just look for themselves.[/QUOTE]
hmmm need to go check this out when I go back to school :/ The price online is still 60 and 70 for the normal and CE respectively

[quote name='Zantra']Just went to Best Buy. Xbox 360 preorder box says 360 standard version is going to cost $49.99, and the collector's edition is going to be $59.99. Went to the PC section, and standard edition will only be $39.99 and collector's will be $49.99. I even confirmed this with the manager of the Concord, CA store. I can go back and take a picture, but so many people have Best Buys near them, that they can just look for themselves.[/QUOTE]I think he's mistaken. If it was going to be $49.99 for the regular version and $59.99 for the CE, we'd have seen price changes by now on GS.com and Amazon.com.

Hmm, this is all pretty interesting. I reread the email confirmation, and it does say this:

"If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

Now unless that is itself unreliable info, I won't cancel just yet, to see how things play out. Best case scenario would be Amazon lowering the CE price.

I ordered it. total was $61. if they cancel, i'll just buy somewhere else on the day of release. if i receive the standard edition, you can always return to any target store for a refund. and if it's the collector's edition then HOORAY for me. ftw

[quote name='Fugee']Unfortunately, GameStop has me with the Terminus Assault Armor and M-490 Blackstorm gun pre-order bonus. I truly hate how they are doing the specific in-game pre-order bonuses. Though ME2 is the only game so far that it has mattered to me.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though personally I think the Best Buy/Amazon/etc bonus armor looks way better than GameStop's (Ironman!), so I'm going with them (also I really prefer to avoid GS as much as I possibly can).

[quote name='Warlock82']I agree, though personally I think the Best Buy/Amazon/etc bonus armor looks way better than GameStop's (Ironman!), so I'm going with them (also I really prefer to avoid GS as much as I possibly can).[/QUOTE]

What does this terminus armor do?

I really hate it when people get in-game items as pre-order items since you can't have it all....

[quote name='leesiulung']I really hate it when people get in-game items as pre-order items since you can't have it all....[/QUOTE]

Well personally I dislike the whole concept in general. I mean, if it's something cosmetic, that's generally *ok*. But I kind of feel that stuff like this armor is going to unbalance the game - I mean, you have to assume the game is balanced around not having it. I don't want it to become easy-mode because I got a pre-order bonus, nor would I want my pre-order special items to become obsolete quickly. It's kind of a no-win scenario.

But still, I am going to pre-order *anyways*, might as well get it. Though overall I much prefer physical pre-order bonuses - art books, soundtracks, fun little doodads... that kind of thing.

[quote name='Warlock82']Well personally I dislike the whole concept in general. I mean, if it's something cosmetic, that's generally *ok*. But I kind of feel that stuff like this armor is going to unbalance the game - I mean, you have to assume the game is balanced around not having it. I don't want it to become easy-mode because I got a pre-order bonus, nor would I want my pre-order special items to become obsolete quickly. It's kind of a no-win scenario.

But still, I am going to pre-order *anyways*, might as well get it. Though overall I much prefer physical pre-order bonuses - art books, soundtracks, fun little doodads... that kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying...kinda like how DA:O's Blood Dragon armor was almost a "godlike" suit that made my guy super maxed out....i didn't even experiment with any other armor set (Superior Dragonbone, Warden Commander, Juggernaut, etc.) because no matter what i used, the blood Drag armor seemed to be better overall...almost made me feel like the game was a bit too easy after that

[quote name='jcp42877']I get what you're saying...kinda like how DA:O's Blood Dragon armor was almost a "godlike" suit that made my guy super maxed out....i didn't even experiment with any other armor set (Superior Dragonbone, Warden Commander, Juggernaut, etc.) because no matter what i used, the blood Drag armor seemed to be better overall...almost made me feel like the game was a bit too easy after that[/QUOTE]

Not true Wade superior Plate is much better, especially when fighting dragons. Warden commander is glitched on the xbox version.....Although I rather have something in game than another documentary/behind the scenes that I would never watch.

I had already pre-ordered from amazon..... hopefully they price match.

bread's done
Back