Madden 09 or Madden 10?

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I've been wanting a sports game and while NHL looks fun, that's all I've really played over the years for a while now. I haven't played a Madden console game in ages, and by play, I mean actually buy the game and sit down with it for a few days/weeks, instead of renting it.

Now, the reason why I'm asking whether I should get 09 or 10 is because on Goozex Madden 09 is 350 points and Madden 10 is 850 points...so there's a good 500 points (~$25) spread. Some input would be nice, though please vote based on which games gives me more bang for my buck versus "just go with the newer one".

havent played 10 but i have 09 collectors ed. its pretty sweet has head coach included and madden 92 on the disk and some videos. you can use head coach to make your own plays and playbook then transfer those into the madden game kind of interesting. however it has no trophies hell of a game tho. if you really want 10 tho give it til after the season (a month) and it should drastically drop in points .

[quote name='SynGamer']I've been wanting a sports game and while NHL looks fun, that's all I've really played over the years for a while now. I haven't played a Madden console game in ages, and by play, I mean actually buy the game and sit down with it for a few days/weeks, instead of renting it.

Now, the reason why I'm asking whether I should get 09 or 10 is because on Goozex Madden 09 is 350 points and Madden 10 is 850 points...so there's a good 500 points (~$25) spread. Some input would be nice, though please vote based on which games gives me more bang for my buck versus "just go with the newer one".[/QUOTE]
They are basically the same game, and have been for the last few years. Honestly avoid Madden, until EA really puts forth a serious effort. If you have to have one go ahead and get 10, it is still being patched and might be worth while soon.

[quote name='mwynn']They are basically the same game, and have been for the last few years. Honestly avoid Madden, until EA really puts forth a serious effort. If you have to have one go ahead and get 10, it is still being patched and might be worth while soon.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, no your wrong 10 is so much better than 09.

[quote name='linkmon']Uhh, no your wrong 10 is so much better than 09.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a lot of the reviews I read said that 10 was a pretty good improvement over 09, and 09 was damn good to begin with (according to reviews).

Unfortunately, you made your decision before a lot of people could give any input.

Madden 10 is the only NFL game available, so if you really want to play some football, then that is your best choice. However, if you want the best sports game, you're better off picking up MLB 09 or Fifa 10. Both are MUCH better than Madden.

Had I wanted opinions on OTHER sports games, I would have said so ;) MLB isn't really my thing and I'm waiting for NHL 10 to come down in price a bit. As for football, there is always Blitz The League 2 for the PS3/360 if I want some football fun. I wanted something a bit more serious though, hence Madden 10.

[quote name='linkmon']Uhh, no your wrong 10 is so much better than 09.[/QUOTE]

Saying 10 is better than 09 is not saying much. How much better or different is the game 05,06,07,08. Each game has the same problems, poor line play, ratings do not mean anything. In a game that touts if it happens on Sunday it happens in the game. It fails at every turn.

[quote name='SynGamer']Had I wanted opinions on OTHER sports games, I would have said so ;) MLB isn't really my thing and I'm waiting for NHL 10 to come down in price a bit. As for football, there is always Blitz The League 2 for the PS3/360 if I want some football fun. I wanted something a bit more serious though, hence Madden 10.[/QUOTE]

I hope you enjoy it I gave up on both 09 and 10 after 3 months. Ea will not get a dime out of me for madden again. I hope Backbreaker actually comes out.

[quote name='mwynn']I hope you enjoy it I gave up on both 09 and 10 after 3 months. Ea will not get a dime out of me for madden again. I hope Backbreaker actually comes out.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played a Madden game since 07, so I'm looking forward to seeing 3 years of improvement.

[quote name='SynGamer']I haven't played a Madden game since 07, so I'm looking forward to seeing 3 years of improvement.[/QUOTE]
Honestly for me 05 was the last good Madden game. I think the last generation versions are still better than the current gen. The current gen is still trying to catch up to features that were in last gen. The keep adding fluff instead of fixing the problems on the field. You can actually line up your punter on the o-line and he will get pancakes.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Does this mean my NFL 2k1 for the Dreamcast is out of date? But Gamespot gave it a 9.9/10.[/QUOTE]

I would rather play tecmo bowl on nes, at least it represents itself properly.

I would have recommended a Fifa game as well. I actually hate watching soccer and think most fans and people who play are a bunch of fruit cakes, but the game is a blast. It's so ridiculously hard to score a goal and take the lead that when you accomplish it, it's extremely satisfying.

Again, I appreciate the opinions, but I'm not really interested in FIFA, MLB, or any other sports game right now. I'll get NHL 10 once it comes down in price a bit. However, I have heard great things about FIFA 10 though.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Does this mean my NFL 2k1 for the Dreamcast is out of date? But Gamespot gave it a 9.9/10.[/QUOTE]

The NFL 2K series for Dreamcast are still the best NFL games ever. 2k2 was my favorite.

I can see why fans of NFL and games would be pissed with the way the AI knows your route better than you, but I'm not that hardcore, so hopefully it won't matter to me.

[quote name='SynGamer']I can see why fans of NFL and games would be pissed with the way the AI knows your route better than you, but I'm not that hardcore, so hopefully it won't matter to me.[/QUOTE]

I understand, but if you're playing a game... and you call the right play, throw the right pass, you will expect results.. not something cheap.

[quote name='Thomas96']I understand, but if you're playing a game... and you call the right play, throw the right pass, you will expect results.. not something cheap.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, why is it people will let things like that slide in sport games yet will not in other games. If I am playing a shooter and I sneak up on someone and get ready to shoot, then they turn around and kill me I feel cheated. Just like in Madden where a defender will knock down a pass they do not turn around to look at. That has been in the game since the genesis days.

bread's done
Back