Well this is a request.. but a bit different.. recommend me Xbox 360 games! =)

Dr. Pizza

Banned
I like FPS a little bit... i like RPGs... etc and i like fighting games too

Im also stuck in a rut on games... these are the games i have interest in, tell me your experience and why you think id love them and please give me good details >.> and needless to say i just cant take it anymore... :\ i just dont want to be dissapointed in a game.

Batman Akham Asylum
Blazblue Calamity Trigger
Blue Dragon
Borderlands
Call of Duty: World at War
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Tekken 6
The Last Remnant *Yes i have a Hard drive*
Lost Odyessy *Once again, i have a hard drive*
UFC 2009
WWE Smackdown VS RAW 2010

Here's what i own already on the 360 so you dont repeat over what i already have

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=Adon_Idom&mode=vown&grp1=661955&objt=1

My favorite Xbox 360 games in ABC order are

Dead Space
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Mass Effect (Favorite Retail game)
Mega Man 9 (Favorite single player arcade game
NHL 10
Robotron 2084 *Im not kidding*
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (Favorite Online Arcade game)
Tales of Vesperia *Favorite Video game of all time is Tales of Symphonia*

So tell me what you think, i can find the deals, i just need advice. but if you want to link me to some good deals, by all means do it.

I can get the Blazblue Collectors edition right now for 50 bucks as well >.>

I have 86 dollars right now. spent 40 on Modern Warfare 2.

read up on borderlands, its a lot fps, a little rpg, a LOT of fun. it has 2 DLC packs out as of today, and a very active online. one con about online, there is a SHIT TON of people out there with modded guns and items, and I personally dotn like that, i just leave and find another game without mods. anyway try it. and Tekken6 is a masterpiece of fighting games. if you are a tekken fan you should have it.

Batman AA is one of the best games all year. Very fun. Only downfall is it isnt very long.

Borderlands is real good as well mostly a good FPS with a lot of RPG aspects to it.

Tekken 6 is pretty terrible. Better off just buying one of the older titles for less.

UFC is okay. The load times are horrendous (even when installed to HD) and during career mode every time you do anything it loads a new menu and has to save which brings up 2 or 3 more menus all taking forever to load. The only difference between the fighters are their stats for the most part. $20 is about all this is worth. At first youll hate it, then youll figure out the controls and youll love it, and then youll realize how boring it becomes.

WWE Smackdown vs Raw is the same as the previous years. A few new characters and better load time is the only difference. Pretty good if you havent played the older ones.

Definitely recommend Borderlands. If you were a fan of Fallout 3 then you'll like the FPS mixed with RPG elements that Borderlands has to offer. It was a great game.

If you like fighting games pick up Street Fighter IV. I think its one of GameFly's end of year specials for like $13. Best fighting game in years, imo. You also seem to dig Mass Effect so definitely look into Dragon Age- its also developed by Bioware. I can't stop playing it! Think its on sale at several places this week for $40. I also second the Boarderlands vote, especially if you have friends to play with.

Batman AA is great but short(I rented and beat in around 3 days).

I have heard great things about Blazblue many say it's the best 2D fighter in years.

Borderlands I just got but have heard great things about it as well. It's sounds like a stylized fps in a Fallout 3 universe with tons of interesting guns to discover.

I don't have COD WAW yet but I have been told it's a typical COD game with an unlockable mode with Nazi zombies.

Ghostbusters is another that I have heard is good(especially if you love the movies) but short.

Tekken 6 well if you love Tekken it's a Tekken game.

I don't know too much about The Last Remenant or Lost Oddessy.

UFC Undisputed is fun and great if you're a fan of mma(so far the best game for the sport).

I have not played a wrestling game since N64 so no comment.

Since you liked Fallout 3 have you tried Elder Scrolls Oblivion?

If not I would recommend the Oblivion/Bioshock combo set too great games for around the price of one.

Since you liked GTA IV why not try Saints Row 2(it's much more tongue in cheek but very fun).

Crackdown is also very fun but don't expect much of a story.

Another somewhat open world style game I would recommend is Dead Rising. However, understand that it's not easy at the start and is designed for multiple playthroughs.

Don't bother with Infinite Undiscovery / Last Remnant. I'm a fan of RPGs and neither of these do anything for me. Too bad you don't have a PS3 or Wii. I can't recommend much else because I've basically started favoring my PS3 over my 360 in the past 5~6 months.

I've been playing Culdcept Saga a lot recently, but I doubt it's most people's cup of tea. If you like Monopoly and card games like Magic, then check it out, since it's an old title and probably about $10 at GameStop.

I really like the tales games too and you might want to look into eternal sonata its kind of like tales games, as for the others borderlands is awesome and batman is fun and the combat is very satisfying.

Here's my thoughts oh the games you are interested in, that I have played:

Batman Arkham Asylum (awesome game, tons of fun, lots of good action and stealth, cool gadgets, and great characters, one of my faves of the year).

Borderlands (just got this one last week. It really interested me. Everyone said it was similar to Fallout 3, which I hated, but I really love this game. I don't see the similarities really, maybe some, but not like a clone or anything. Anyway, it's a great FPS, tons of missions, loot collecting, beautiful scenery, and insane amounts of cool guns and tons of baddies to use them on. Hands down, I think this is my favorite game of the year (and I have MW2, Uncharted 2, Batman, Killzone 2, etc...and I am putting Borderlands ahead of them...either this is a good game in my eyes, or I am nuts!).

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (action game with a familiar franchise, great cast, and a lot of fun. Capture ghosts and cause destruction, third person. Great game)

UFC 2009 (great fighting game, whether you're into the sport or not. It's hard though, for me at least. A lot of moves and combo styles to remember. But it's very satisfying when you win matches. Main thing I hated was the CPU decided when I should retire my fighter, and I didn't get a chance to win the title, or even get a title shot - it was a ton of work for nothing)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Batman AA is great but short(I rented and beat in around 3 days).[/QUOTE]

Yea, I beat it in 2~3 when I had days off. Takes about 10 hours.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Tekken 6 well if you love Tekken it's a Tekken game.[/QUOTE]

This. It doesn't suck at all, and having played too much Tekken 3/Tag/4/5/DR, I don't think it's terrible at all. Much better than 3/4/5, and personally I think it's more balanced than Tag, and it builds upon DR.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Since you liked Fallout 3 have you tried Elder Scrolls Oblivion? If not I would recommend the Oblivion/Bioshock combo set too great games for around the price of one.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan myself of Elder Scrolls, but that doesn't mean you won't be. And MSRP is $30 by itself. And if you've never played BioShock, definately follow the above recommendation.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Since you liked GTA IV why not try Saints Row 2(it's much more tongue in cheek but very fun).[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest this too. It's $20 or less at many places, I think. It's more action, less story, etc, but it's fun. I actually played through the whole campaign.

Stay away from Lost Odyssey, its just boring.
In true cheapass fashion, I would pick up Ghostbusters and The Godfather 2 from gamefly.

Ghostbusters is a blast playing with a friend and if you like open world GTA style Godfather is where its at. I know it's not on your list but needs to be, its extremely underated.

Also I checked out your list, where is crackdown? For like 10 bucks you can nab crackdown and im sure someone on cag would be wiling to play co-op with you!

Of the one's you listed, Batman is the only one I've played. It's a fantastic game--great atmosphere, voice acting etc, world is fun to explore, the stealth and fighting are fun (and I usually don't dig stealth or beat'em ups).

Other games I'd recommend are:

Oblivion--as noted if you like Fallout you should play this. (I need to get around to Fallout).
Gears of War 1 & 2--the first one was the reason I bought a 360
Prince of Persia
Bioshock
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 & 2--I'd go with either of those over World at War.

Batman Akham Asylum - Great game. Could be beaten in a rental period however. Still worth going out of your way to play it, especially if you have any love for the old animated series.

Borderlands - If you know people who have it, it's great.

Tekken 6 - It's Tekken with 40 characters. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but I've always liked Tekken. If you like Tekken, you'll like Tekken 6.

UFC 2009 - Had a lot of fun with this one. This is the first UFC video game that comes close to representing what you see in the cage. Still the sequel should be coming out in a few months that will hopefully fix some of the problems, like the bland career mode, that this game had so it might be better off to wait for that.

If you liked Dead Space you should give Resident Evil 5 a try. Since you liked Mass Effect, you might enjoy Dragon Age. Oblivion is a great game as well. Assassin's Creed 2 is fun. Episodes from Liberty City are two great games for a lower price.

[quote name='smarkbran']Stay away from Lost Odyssey, its just boring.
[/QUOTE]

Are you crazy? Lost Odyssey is probably one of the best console RPGs released in years. The story line is great, the characters are pretty memorable, the combat and leveling system is pretty fun with a unique twist to the normal level up and learn a new ability. The game is a blast, don't miss out on this, plus I'm sure it can be had pretty cheap now.

[quote name='mission42']Are you crazy? Lost Odyssey is probably one of the best console RPGs released in years. The story line is great, the characters are pretty memorable, the combat and leveling system is pretty fun with a unique twist to the normal level up and learn a new ability. The game is a blast, don't miss out on this, plus I'm sure it can be had pretty cheap now.[/QUOTE]

I would also HIGHLY recommend Lost Odyssey. An awesome RPG.

[quote name='mission42']Are you crazy? Lost Odyssey is probably one of the best console RPGs released in years. The story line is great, the characters are pretty memorable, the combat and leveling system is pretty fun with a unique twist to the normal level up and learn a new ability. The game is a blast, don't miss out on this, plus I'm sure it can be had pretty cheap now.[/QUOTE]

Agree'd. Lost Odyssey was pretty awesome. Takes awhile to finish too.

An RPG thread without Eternal Sonata? I loved that game. Played through it twice, althought New Game+ was more entertaining as combat became a welcome challenge.

[quote name='smarkbran']Stay away from Lost Odyssey, its just boring.[/QUOTE]

LO is the only console RPG I've ever gotten into. Unfortunately, it was the only console RPG I've ever gotten into and therefore I tend not to fare well in battle and die so often that it stops being fun. I made it to the part where you
fight the Bogimoray and then IMMEDIATELY FIGHT A SECOND BOGIMORAY. AND THEN ARE ATTACKED BY MAGICAL NINJAS.
That's where I threw in the towel on that one.

bread's done
Back