New Wii Cases: They are so Environmental! (sarcasm)

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm sure some of you CAG's have read about them in the news, but they have finally arrived for the Wii, the brand new environmental cases! And man do they suck ass. I just got my copy of FFCC: The Crystal Bearers in the mail and it is the first Wii game to have this new case. When it came in, it felt like the package was crushed and the case was sinking in.

Nope, in fact, that is the way it is suppose to be. They are flimsy and they lack any...uhhh, well "foundation" would be the right word.

I'm all for being good stewards of the environment, I do recycle and all that crap. But this is simply a way for companies to manufacture less plastic per case, which in return means they can make more cases for the dollar. This has nothing to do with the environment besides them being a bunch of cheap asses. I'm all for making the cases smaller if that is what they want to accomplish, but anything that does not help protect the game is a no-go.

Have you all seen this stuff yet lol? :D I've heard some Blu-Rays out there are having the same crap done to it.

Heh, wow, that's a helluva thread. My only real concern is my games that I am paying $50 or more for are going to be torn up because of the lack of protection. No conspiracy theory, it is just companies wanting to save money by using the "green banner". That's pure common sense. Hell, if I ran a company, I would do the same.

But I may do it more efficiently but that is besides the point. In the long run, it may not really matter, the games sit up on a bookshelf ultimately. I'm not one to tear up things I buy, money is too scarce of a resource to bullshit away.

Thanks for the link though, it is making for an interesting read lol :)

I'm unhappy to see videogame cases go this way.

And I am a person who recycles...but this...sorry, these cases just don't work for me. I will be replacing them with used, full on plastic old style cases. Earlier this year I bought a DVD as a gift for someone, which unbeknownst to us had the new "eco friendly" case. The DVD was backlogged, and when we finally opened it and to watch it, the case was damaged and the DVD scratched. And I couldn't take it back to the store because months had passed since its purchase date and the returns for that store had expired. If it weren't for the fact that we own a Disc Doctor to repair this DVD, it would have DOA.

People are just hunting for something to bitch about, I think.

For fuck's sake is a case. Be thankful they're not shipping everything paper sleeves for Christ's sake.

The thing that ticks me off about these cases is that they don't properly protect the disc - there are GIANT GAPING HOLES where the disc is.

Meanwhile, there's an obvious solution that would use less plastic, less paper, reduce the total shipping weight by a greater amount - and - reduce the total shipping VOLUME - which the current cases do not.

Smaller DVD cases that are the size of Jewel Cases or DS Game Cases, made out of this thinner plastic (or a corn-based plastic, if you like). Make 'em full size and you can stick a manual in them. Make them slim-line and clear, put some notes on the back side of the artwork (simple instructions and health/safety warnings) and put an electronic manual on the disc. If you use the slim-line cases, you could ship six copies of a game in about the same volume of two of the original or the new "eco" DVD cases. All of this without putting GIANT GAPING HOLES in spots that leave my discs unprotected.

It's greener and saves more money for the companies *and* is better for consumers.

But no, let's go with this stupid idea instead.

Wow I didn't know that the wii had went in this direction too I have yet to see a wii game in one of these eco cases but thats most likely due to the fact that I have not purchased a wii game in over a year.

bread's done
Back