Does Gamestop Store Credit Expire?

skateraXVIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Pretty self explanatory question. Right now, there really isn't anything that I'm interested in buying. Only reason I'm asking if GS credit expires is because I don't want to have to worry about my "money" disappearing.

This is a stupid question but if you guys could help me out I'd appreciate it.

I had credit on a card for about a year and a half one time and it did not expire. Also check your state laws, many states have laws limiting expiration of gift cards (I assume store credit falls under the same category). For instance in Connecticut and Maine gift cards can never expire by law, Maryland cards cannot expire for 4 years, New Jersey cards cannot expire for 2 years.

This site has more info
http://www.consumersunion.org/pub/core_financial_services/003889.html

They don't expire but with gamestops new policy they will move your credit to the online credit site and remind you that you have it....

Because most people if they do not use their cards for a year + have lost or forgot about it.

Ummm... wouldn't the people at Gamestop be better equipped to answer your question? I'm sure that a quick pick up of the phone would be less time consuming than posting on an internet forum and checking for replies.

Yeah! really! Who do you think you are? Where do you think you are? On a video game website? In the ask section of the forums specifically aimed at helping people find answers to questions like this?

Really, the nerve of some people.

you're just lucky people went out of their way to read the obvious title, click on the link, read through the post and then add something futile and unneeded to the discussion.

I believe the only time GameStop credit will expire is in the case that they go bankrupt. That's what they always told me when I used to trade games in as a kid.

[quote name='DarkZion']I believe the only time GameStop credit will expire is in the case that they go bankrupt. That's what they always told me when I used to trade games in as a kid.[/QUOTE]
^This is correct

[quote name='joeboosauce']Ummm... wouldn't the people at Gamestop be better equipped to answer your question? I'm sure that a quick pick up of the phone would be less time consuming than posting on an internet forum and checking for replies.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're not serious. The majority of the people on this site know more about GS policies than the employees themselves(though some are employees as well). :roll:

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Please tell me you're not serious. The majority of the people on this site know more about GS policies than the employees themselves(though some are employees as well). :roll:[/QUOTE]

I can understand why he said that, though; however, this isn't say Yahoo Answers... CAGs, for the most part, know these kinds of things, especially if someone here works for Gamestop or whatever.

/rant

Yeah I would have had no problem calling GS instead of posting this question... but it was 11pm at night and I'm pretty sure nobody would answer, considering they were CLOSED.

bread's done
Back