Red Faction: Guerrilla - now $19.99! Newegg.com shipped XBOX 360 version

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']
May have been $19.99 at one time according to price traker timeline:[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99 just a few weeks ago on Newegg.

[quote name='marineal']great game , picked this up a week ago at walmart for $15.00[/QUOTE]

$15 at walmart damn i missed that deal lol

anyways you can get it at best buy for 19.99 if you bring in the $20 off coupon

Probably one of the most underrated/forgotten games of 2009. I really love the approach this game has on missions. Basically anything you can think of to get the job done is allowed. Also tons of explosions.

EXCELLENT GAME!!! I love almost everything about it, except the fact that I don't play it as much with all the other stuff I have right now.

[quote name='royce321']
anyways you can get it at best buy for 19.99 if you bring in the $20 off coupon[/QUOTE]
The what? More info please :bouncy:

[quote name='ninjamonkey']The what? More info please :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
This coupon (can still be used today and tomorrow):

rzrfgcpn.jpg

i loved the whole Revolution theme in this game.

The multiplayer was pretty good too.
In fact, the only multiplayer that actually divorced me from my endless comitment with Team Fortress 2 at that time.
But tf2, she was just an adventure i still love you after all these years! :)

The multiplayer was pretty awesome and so was the single player. it does get repetitive but hey, what the hell!
i will recommend to start off in normal. If you play on Hard you will totally forget about this game's top of the art destruction engine. Instead of trying to survive on Hard, You will enjoy blowing buildings and send them back to the ground or just hammering a 3 story building down with your hammer of revolution!

Dont expect much of the multiplayer now, the mp seems to have been divided. The people with the DLC and the people that dont have the DLC. i found a few games about a few days ago when i started this game again but everyone seems to have forgotten it.
Shame, this game's engine is just worth the 25. ;)

[quote name='cRodz']Shame, this game's engine is just worth the 25. ;)[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. Even if there is not another Red Faction game, I certainly hope they do something else with the engine or license it to someone, but going around and just blowing shit up is a blast.

If I wasn't so into Darksiders and Wolverine right now I'd probably be all over this deal.

Nice! I contacted their customer service about my order (bought it on 1/2 @ $24.99) and how it has dropped in price $5 and I haven't yet received the package (should arrive today, actually) - they're giving me a $5 NewEgg gift card. Not bad.

The fact it's a THQ game makes me worry it's going out of print already. Seems a little soon, but I think the same thing happened with Destroy All Humans and I can't even find a decent ebay seller to get it from at this point.

[quote name='dieresis']Would you say this game still has an active online community? And if so, how active?[/QUOTE]

It hardly does, but with a price drop it might get better.
Sometimes I seriously have to wait 10 minutes before finding matches.

What IS good though is the pass and play destruction mode. When I have a couple friends over it's a good time. I actually favor that over the multiplayer. The main game is great.

This is a really good game. If you don't have it, and you are remotely interested in it, then you should go pick it up.

The only thing that annoys me about this game is that I don't seem to get a lot of support from the people that I save or assist during missions. Say I've freed/assisted 30 people and I decide to attack an EDF camp, eventually, I will be attacked by swarms of EDF troops; however, only 4 or 5 members in my faction will assist me. Eventually they are killed in battle...then ultimately, I am killed. I'm playing on "normal" which I rarely do, but I still find myself dying more often than I am acclimated to. Anyone else experience this?

With that said, it's still one of my favorite games of 2009.

is their even an achievement for finishing on hard? i have so many games that i still haven't finished but i've been waiting for this to drop this cheap.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']It hardly does, but with a price drop it might get better.
Sometimes I seriously have to wait 10 minutes before finding matches.[/QUOTE]

Siege (which is my favorite mode) requires 10 people to start and can take a very long time to fill up on XBL. The modes that require fewer people obviously don't take as much waiting. That said, MP is still a lot of fun. I just started getting into it and the wait times haven't been too bad.

[quote name='Brother Daz']IMO I thought the story was pretty bland, MP was a blast! I just couldnt get into the story really.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't much of a story at all. I still had fun playing through the campaign though. The feeling of crashing through an EDF base, wreaking havoc on their buildings and just barely escaping alive is a lot of fun.

[quote name='triforcer']is their even an achievement for finishing on hard?[/QUOTE]

None that I know of. You get one for beating the game and I think that can be on any difficulty. Good thing too because normal is hard enough. I died a lot.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Good thing too because normal is hard enough. I died a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've died a lot too. I really, really hate dying in games (many times, I would literally click the center Xbox Button on my controller and then exit out to the dashboard). I'm really surprised at how often I died. But as I mentioned before, I think it's directly connected to the lack of support that I receive from my faction.

well that's good. i rather play on normal so i can enjoy it more. i don't mind dying over and over again if there's check points. but for longer games i hate it when i want to play on normal to enjoy it and then go through on hard for the achievements.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']But as I mentioned before, I think it's directly connected to the lack of support that I receive from my faction.[/QUOTE]

They were useful during the defend a base/attack a base missions (the ones where it gave you the number of people fighting on each side). Outside of that, they were only useful as acting like Assassin's Creed's mobs to get away from the EDF. The thing that annoyed me the most about them is that they'd use your car for cover while you were trying to drive away in it. I really hated losing control points because I backed over some idiot when I was trying to get away.

[quote name='triforcer']i rather play on normal so i can enjoy it more. i don't mind dying over and over again if there's check points.[/QUOTE]

It has an auto-save that gets triggered pretty frequently. I ended up using the auto-save more than my manual ones (which can be done anytime).

Ive had this game for a while now and have barely played it. It has cool scenery and weapons but that start of the game just seems kinda slow.

Yep. I followed your lead.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Nice! I contacted their customer service about my order (bought it on 1/2 @ $24.99) and how it has dropped in price $5 and I haven't yet received the package (should arrive today, actually) - they're giving me a $5 NewEgg gift card. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back