Amazon DotD - Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Collector's Edition Bundle (DS) - $15

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ds: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Collector's Edition Bundle

List Price: $34.99
Your Price: $14.99
You Saved: $20.00 (57% off)

What's In the Box:
  • Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Nintendo DS game
  • Club Penguin Nintendo DS skin
  • Club Penguin stylus
  • Club Penguin 2500 coin card

• Take on the role of an Elite Penguin Forces agent, completing top secret missions
  • Earn coins while playing on the DS to use or transfer wirelessly to online accounts
  • Play favorite Club Penguin mini-games such as Cart Surfer, Jet Pack Adventure and Ice Fishing
  • Play brand new exclusive DS-only mini-games including Snowboarding and Dance Challenge
  • Download new missions and weekly newsletters

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Penguin-Collectors-Bundle-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0029ZUPTA/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cheap for a game that seems (admittedly) strangely popular. I had someone come into the store I work at and buy this for $34.99 today, saying they had trouble finding it. >_>; I don't know a lot about it, but I'm pretty sure it's on par with Webkinz/Neopets/etc. If you're into that kind of scene or have kids who are interested in it, I'd say it's a good choice- Amazon customers have given it good reviews. Not really for me, though. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']"Skin, stylus, and 2500 points to use online" according to the box.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, looked everywhere BUT the picture.

This would've been nice as a christmas gift to a younger cousin but that time has come and gone.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Whoops, looked everywhere BUT the picture.

This would've been nice as a christmas gift to a younger cousin but that time has come and gone.[/QUOTE]

Haha- I do the same thing way too often. :p

And retailers seem to like to tease us that way, don't they? ;)

[quote name='Vincent_Core']I don't see the point in posting deals for really bad games like this.[/QUOTE]
Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure. Like I said, this got decent reviews in Amazon's customer reviews section- and it usually has its share of complainers.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']I don't see the point in posting deals for really bad games like this.[/QUOTE]

Since when is 7 out of 10 a "really bad" game? I don't see the point in posting really bad trolls like this.

[quote name='Justme8800']Since when is 7 out of 10 a "really bad" game? I don't see the point in posting really bad trolls like this.[/QUOTE]
The term troll is used really loosely now a days.

I may be wrong but wasn't this $15 like a month ago as like a gold box deal or something? Anyways pretty great gift (or even a great late Christmas gift) for a younger family member.

This was $9.98 a month ago (december 7th to be precise) in a lightning deal, so this is a good price for those who missed out on that.

Great game for kids but you have to wonder why the price on this is falling so fast, seems real popular as a loss leader - not just at Amazon. Got to wonder......

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']This was $9.98 a month ago (december 7th to be precise) in a lightning deal, so this is a good price for those who missed out on that.[/QUOTE]

Yep, thats when I picked up mine :D

I got this for christmas as well, wish i would have waited but then again I would have a son that thought santa clause didnt listen to his wishlist

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']"Skin, stylus, and 2500 points to use online" according to the box.[/QUOTE]

Where do you get the 2500 points? Is that a code inside the box? I bought one during BF for my cousins and I found the game, stylus, and skin.

[quote name='smarkbran']This sucks as I bought this or my niece this Christmas. The game looks like it sucks as though, but kids love it.[/QUOTE]

What an ignorant person.. Pretty sure this game was made for kids under around 11 or so, maybe a bit older as well.

[quote name='Casteor']Where do you get the 2500 points? Is that a code inside the box? I bought one during BF for my cousins and I found the game, stylus, and skin.[/QUOTE]

There should be a card with code on it in the collector's edition.

I collect styli so I bought the game full price then turned around and sold it for $5 off, keeping the stylus.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']This was $9.98 a month ago (december 7th to be precise) in a lightning deal, so this is a good price for those who missed out on that.[/QUOTE]
That's when I picked it up for my daughter for Christmas... seems like she likes it. I would have never paid $34.99 for it like Best Buy has it priced, but for $9.98 it was a nice gift. The stylus will not store in the DS though, just FYI.

[quote name='SiK99']There should be a card with code on it in the collector's edition.

I collect styli so I bought the game full price then turned around and sold it for $5 off, keeping the stylus.[/QUOTE]

Is it attached to the skin inside the box or is the code attached to the wrapper?

[quote name='Casteor']Is it attached to the skin inside the box or is the code attached to the wrapper?[/QUOTE]

Its been a couple months but I think it was just loose inside the box (not the game case). You'd notice it...its a cardboard card about 2/3 the size of the skin that comes with the collector's edition.

Got one for $20 from amazon before Xmas. My 8 year old loves the game but he is already a club penguin junkie so I guess it was a given he would love it. One word of warning - the add-ins for the CE are different then the regular edition ad-ins. My kid was expecting access to a secret place on the club penguin web site to be included with the game but instead he got the 2500 points and other CE add-ins. Needless to say he was quite pissed. I am not sure why they changed the add-ins for the CE edition - they should have just used the same one's and added a few more trinkets in. Disney bastards....

[quote name='SiK99']Its been a couple months but I think it was just loose inside the box (not the game case). You'd notice it...its a cardboard card about 2/3 the size of the skin that comes with the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as it wasn't attached to the wrapper, then I should be safe (well, my cousins in this case). I'll let them know about it.

Thanks.

[quote name='jsgebo']Got one for $20 from amazon before Xmas. My 8 year old loves the game but he is already a club penguin junkie so I guess it was a given he would love it. One word of warning - the add-ins for the CE are different then the regular edition ad-ins. My kid was expecting access to a secret place on the club penguin web site to be included with the game but instead he got the 2500 points and other CE add-ins. Needless to say he was quite pissed. I am not sure why they changed the add-ins for the CE edition - they should have just used the same one's and added a few more trinkets in. Disney bastards....[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least I got the CE for my cousin's for $10!

bread's done
Back