The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the new and improved Steam discussion thread! You may also like the Steam deal thread.

Steam is the most popular digital distribution service for PC games. I highly recommend you download the client and allow it to run whenever Windows starts.

Steam features

• Play from anywhere: Games you buy on Steam are permanently tied to your account. Download them again on other computers! *See DRM bullet point for exceptions
  • DRM: Most Steam games only use Steam's DRM. If a game uses another form (such as Batman: Arkham Asylum), the store page will say 3rd-Party DRM.
  • Play offline: Most Steam games can be played offline. When an internet connection isn't available, choose to start Steam in Offline Mode.
  • Steam Achievements! Many games have exclusive Achievements that you and your friends can keep track of. Get a Steam card graphic for forum signatures here.
  • Steam Cloud! Many games like Torchlight offer Cloud support. Your save file is hosted online and accessible from wherever you play the game, so no need to manually transfer it to other computers. Look for the Steam Cloud
    ico_cloud.gif
    image on a game's store page.
  • Automatic patching: Steam automatically downloads updates for your games whenever they are released. If you'd rather patch manually, click on that game's Properties/Update from the Library menu.
  • Friends list: The Steam friends list is also an instant messenger. Text message friends, voice chat, and easily invite friends to most games. You can also see which friends own the same games as you and compare Achievements from the Library menu.
  • Gifting games! You can buy games and then gift them to other people. Wishlists make this easy; maintain your own and view your friends' lists, too.
  • Incredible sales! There is a sale virtually every weekend, Black Friday, during the holidays, and more.
  • Steam Play: Purchase a game once and play it from both Windows and Mac! Look for the Steamplay icon
    platform_steamplay.png
    on games' store pages.

CAG Steam Groups

By joining a CheapAssGamer Steam group, you'll be able to find CAGs to play with, participate in group events, and more. This is a list of all known CAG groups. If you start a new group, please PM me with details. Note that while most of these groups are public, the private groups require an invite to join.

Group Buys - Last updated 02/06/11

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

FAQ

I bought a retail copy of a game.
OR
I bought a game from another downloadable games provider besides Steam.

Can I download it from Steam without rebuying it?

You can do this for some games (especially those whose retail versions automatically use Steam). Most games don't support the feature though. See the full list here.

How do I add non-Steam games to my Steam library? Why would someone want to do that?

From the Library menu, choose Add a Game and then Add a Non-Steam Game. Select the game's executable file and you'll now be able to launch it directly from Steam. This is a good idea for two reasons. One, launching all of your games from the same place is convenient. Two, when you launch a Non-Steam Game from your Steam library, people on your friends list will be able to see what you're playing.

Why is X game more expensive on Steam than other retailers? Is buying from Steam not a good deal?

Steam generally offers games at their current MSRP. That means if Capcom wants to charge $30 for Street Fighter IV, that will be the regular Steam price. Yes, you might find the retail version on clearance at Target for less. But that's clearance, which you can't expect every other retailer to match. However, Steam has tons of sales which usually beat everywhere else's prices.

When are the big Steam sales?

During the big Steam sales, Steam sells multiple games (sometimes hundreds) at large discounts. There is always a sale on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and an extended holiday sale (starting December 24 and lasting until the beginning of January). In 2010 there was also an extended summer sale. If you're not in a hurry to play a game and want the best possible price, it's a good idea to wait for these large sales.

Do all Steam games work with controllers?

Just about all PC games can be controlled with mouse and keyboard. But some people are more comfortable with controllers, AKA gamepads, and some games just play better that way. The Xbox 360 controller is the default gamepad for modern PC games. Many games support it, but not all. Most games with controller support have a Controller Enabled graphic
ico_controller.gif
on their store pages. If a game doesn't have that graphic and doesn't mention controller support in its text description, assume it doesn't work with controllers. There is a partial list here. If you'd like to use a controller with a game that doesn't natively support it, the XPadder app works very well.

Scroll down to post # 2 for the Upcoming Steam Games List!

Last edited by a moderator:
Games coming soon to Steam - Last updated 02/06/2011
Here is a list of (games coming to Steam in the near future, many still unannounced. Thanks to CoffeeEdge for compiling it. There is no timeframe for these releases and there may be a few mistakes, but Coffee is usually right about upcoming releases.

• 007: Blood Stone
  • 2 Fast Driver
  • Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly
  • Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile
  • Agatha Christie: Peril at End House
  • Age of Wonders II: The Wizard's Throne (see above)
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic (see above)
  • Alternativa
  • American McGee's Alice: The Madness Returns (god, what an awful subtitle. "Alice II" would suffice)
  • America's Army: Special Forces ("Special Forces" is the name of America's Army 2. I'm guessing this will be available alongside the already-on-Steam America's Army 3.)
  • Armada 2526
  • Atom Zombie Smasher
  • Aura 2
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • BIT.TRIP Series (Core, Void, Runner, Fate, and the unnamed sixth and final entry). Beat is now available!
  • Buried in Time
  • Chainz
  • Cities in Motion
  • City Bus
  • Company of Heroes Online (the new free-to-play/freemium version of CoH)
  • Days of Thunder
  • Death Tank (port of the XBLA game; this is not yet publicly announced for PC)
  • Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War
  • Descent 3
  • Detour (a strategy game, where the goal is to create a path for trucks to pass. Possibly like an RTS inspired by Blast Corps, conceptually).
  • Dinner Date
  • Dino D-Day: Episode 1
  • The Dream Machine
  • Duke Nukem Forever (should be obvious, I guess, but man, it's finally really happening!)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (I'm hoping this is decent, because I like the idea of a simpler co-op D&D game)
  • Dwarfs ("arcade/strategy" game, being published by the excellent Tripwire. Free beta here)
  • Edge (new PC version of the neat-looking iPhone puzzle game. Funfact: this is one of the games that that insane assclown Tim Langdell tried to sue for the use of the word "Edge," which he believes he has the exclusive rights to. He more or less literally makes his living from trying to bully companies who publish games with the word "Edge" in the title for royalties)
  • Empire Earth
  • Empire Earth II
  • Empire Earth III
  • Evochron series (not sure which games exactly)
  • Faery: Legends of Avalon (also an RPG, also episodic, also from a Paris-based developer, and also with odd graphics, but unlike the above, this game looks to be very much based in the usual light fantasy RPG trappings. Coming in November, $15).
  • Fate of the World - (global-scale eco-strategy game where you're tasked with doing something about some of the inevitable ecological doom our planet faces)
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Fish Fillets 2 (lol what is this I don't even)
  • Fractal (puzzle game from Cipher Prime, makers of Auditorium, which might also find it's way to Steam)
  • Free Running
  • Freespace 2
  • GTR - FIA GT Racing Game
  • Governor of Poker 2
  • Greed Corp (hex-based strategy game, also on XBLA and PSN)
  • Ground Control
  • Ground Control II
  • Happy Wars (awesome-sounding Fat Princess-esque game, with support for up to 128 players. Developed by Japanese studio ToyLogic, which was one of the developers involved behind-the-scenes on Smash Bros Brawl.)
  • Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (this is the updated version of Hegemony: Philip of Macedon. This is a pretty incredible strategy game from one of my favorite independent developers, Longbow Digital. You will find no independent developer more dedicated than these guys. Strategy fans should try the demo of Philip of Macedon)
  • Hoard (cool-looking game where you are a dragon and burninate villages and stuff)
  • Hydrophobia (this will be the new "Pure" version of the game, which massively updates and improves on the original XBLA version. The original version was really rough and hard to recommend, but the Pure update makes it very much a worthwhile game, especially for the $10 pricetag)
  • Ignite
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (this was known as Storm of War: Battle of Britain until recently. Either way, it's the new sim from Maddox Games! This is going to be AMAZING.)
  • Infernal Squad (I think this is the name of a game; I could be wrong)
  • Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat (Steamworks-enabled edition)
  • Ion Assault
  • Jamestown
  • Kaptain Brawe (new point-n-click adventure)
  • Limbo
  • Lords of Magic: Special Edition
  • Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
  • Lords of the Realm III
  • Magicka (check out the trailer, it's a riot)
  • Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (this is the HD remake of the excellent DS game, that is also coming to XBLA and PSN; the PC version is not publicly announced yet)
  • Natural Selection 2
  • Need for Russia (haha what? apparently this is a racing game)
  • Obsidian Conflict (this is a free Source Engine mod that is about to launch via Steam with Steamworks features)
  • Overgrowth
  • PAC-MAN (unknown what version of the game this will be)
  • PAC-MAN Pizza Parlor (some casual game - definitely not the same as the above-mentioned game)
  • Paradise Quest
  • Pat and Mat
  • Pound of Ground
  • Pro Cycling Manager Season 2010
  • Pulse
  • Quarrel
  • Rainbow Six (the original)
  • Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
  • RISK Factions
  • Rock of Ages (insanely brilliant-looking new game from the creators of Zeno Clash)
  • SAW 2
  • Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942
  • Sword of Fargoal (another remake of a classic early '80s PC game)
  • Tactical Intervention (new game from the creator of Counter-Strike)
  • Samantha Swift and the Mystery from Atlantis
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Sega Genesis Classics)
  • Toki (Golgoth Studio's phenomenal-looking remake of the old arcade platformer)
  • Treasures of the Serengeti
  • Tropico IV
  • Universe Sandbox (not exactly a game, but a seriously kickass physics sandbox on a galactic scale. Check out some videos if you need convincing about how epic this thing is. You can crash galaxies into each other, for the lulz)
  • Unknown game(s) from Mediatonic Games (might be Monsters Probably Stole My Princess)
  • Unknown game(s) from Rockin Android (I've been waiting for these guys to finally get on Steam!)
  • Women's Murder Club: Darker Shade of Grey
  • Women's Murder Club: Death in Scarlet
  • You Are Empty
  • You Don't Know Jack
  • Zeit² (space shooter with time travel).
  • Zombie Pirates (what it sounds like)

DLC
  • Civilization V
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening - Untitled DLC #5 (could this FINALLY be the multiplayer mode?)
  • Demolition Company
  • R.U.S.E.
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - The Lost Levels DLC (apparently these were levels cut from the original version of The First Encounter, back in 2001)
  • Worms Reloaded DLC

I really want to see King's Bounty: The Legend on sale for $10. It seems strange they dropped the sequel down to $10 (75% off!) and kept The Legend at $20.

Awesome thread. I still think Steam needs Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II. :mrgreen:

Maybe good things will come in 2010.

Good thread idea :D. I hope to see Fallout 3 GOTY, and the Splinter Cell games for the weekly deals.

And to further start the thread, i'll repost my purchases :p

I am not sure if this is a STEAM topic or a game maker topic but there were a lot of games back in the day that had 'play by email' feature.

Talking about turn based games.

I never did try the new board games out but I have some old games like Stratego, Risk, Chess and Monoploy that came with play by email. Were one person makes their move and the person getting the save file makes the next move.

I would also like more games from these sites offered on STEAM

http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/

and

http://www.reflexive.com/

Out side of that the sales they been having lately have been great!

Would anybody like a thread on here to meet up with other CAGS to play games on steam?

I thought about making one where we could all go and list the games we have and maybe have certain meet up nights or something?

Yay or Nay?

And by meet ups I mean playing online adding steam friends and all that jazz. Not physically in person of course.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Just get invited to the CAG Steam group and join up with folk there, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can make events too so people can see what game you are playing.

I don't think we will ever Blizzard games on Steam. I could be wrong but I would highly doubt it. I would love to see Castle Crashers come on PC in general, but definitely onto Steam. On the second one, I really don't care if we see any real decent deals for a while. I've spent too much money.

Anyone have recommendations on the best place to find mods for the Jedi Knight games? I'm trying to find the best dismemberment mod but it's been quite some time since I've had to find mods for these games and it's nice to finally have them all in one place.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone have recommendations on the best place to find mods for the Jedi Knight games? I'm trying to find the best dismemberment mod but it's been quite some time since I've had to find mods for these games and it's nice to finally have them all in one place.[/QUOTE]

Here is a good one for the Jedi Academy game: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/

EDIT: I hate these time traveling posts.

Blizzard looks to be developing their own version of Steam in the form of Battle.net. You can already use your existing CD-Keys to attach games to your account and download digital copies. They're working on allowing you to friend people and see what (Blizzard) game they're playing. It'll pretty much be Steam, but only for Blizzard games.

[quote name='trogoldito']I really want to see King's Bounty: The Legend on sale for $10. It seems strange they dropped the sequel down to $10 (75% off!) and kept The Legend at $20.[/QUOTE]

That did seem strange and as someone that has never played the series I was dissapointed in it. I grabbed the sequel and have to jump straight into it before playing the original now!

I am not sure if this is a STEAM topic or a game maker topic but there were a lot of games back in the day that had 'play by email' feature.

Really anything steam related. If your looking to try and create a play by email steam game then ya post it here, see a steam deal post it here(as well as deal forums), looking for new steam friends post here. Anything at all related to steam. Hopefully this will both reduce the flood of steam topics on the PC board and also create more of a sense of community for those of us who do use steam a lot.

Would anybody like a thread on here to meet up with other CAGS to play games on steam?

I thought about making one where we could all go and list the games we have and maybe have certain meet up nights or something?

Yay or Nay?

And by meet ups I mean playing online adding steam friends and all that jazz. Not physically in person of course.

As I said this seems a good place for it! Depending on the games your looking to play I might be interested! Off the top of my head more LfD2 friends are good and id be up for creating a charcter in borderlands or Everquest(its on sale for only $5 with all its Xpacks till tomorrow at 12)and playing them only with CAG steam friends.

Blizzard looks to be developing their own version of Steam in the form of Battle.net. You can already use your existing CD-Keys to attach games to your account and download digital copies. They're working on allowing you to friend people and see what (Blizzard) game they're playing. It'll pretty much be Steam, but only for Blizzard games.

Its smart of them to create a form of digital distrubtion just for their games....but at the same time they really need to sell them elsewhere though because many people wont go for multiple programs for buying their games. I know personally im slowing down on XBLA since Steam and PSN seems like more then enough.

MSI, thanks for starting this thread... :) Reposting the survey in case anyone wants to do it or was waiting til it was all over (and it's basically all over now!).

The Steam Holiday 2009 CAG Survey (Version 2.0--Final Version!)

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why?

3) Are there any daily deals you regret not purchasing?

4) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.)

5) What will you do differently next year?

6) What game would you most like to see on Steam?

7) What would you pay for it?

8) Does this guy work for Steam, or what?

9) Where's his hair?

I think it's pretty hard to get into the current CAG Steam group, so it might not hurt to start a new one. I dunno.

I'm still going to keep harping that I want to see Fallout 3 GotY, Blood Bowl, Thief, Vampire: Bloodlines and some others as weekend of midweek deals. :) I'll be paying darn close attention this year.

I too am one of those folks who'd like to see more old games, but I'd be perfectly happy to see them on GoG as well, maybe even happier, because GoG makes SURE they work on current operating systems. Steam doesn't always do this.

About the play by e-mail stuff, we were trying to get a game of Civ IV PitBoss going, which is kind of like play by e-mail. Each participant signs into the server daily to perform their turn, and it all gets calculated at the end of the day. I thought this would be SUPER fun, but only me and the thread-started seemed interested.

MSI, thanks again for doing this. I'm really glad to have such a thread in existence, and I'm also really glad you're essentially running it instead of me! Muchos gracias! Hopefully we can all pitch in and help you out.

Great, another thread to leave up all day and randomly F5 whenever I'm bored :p

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that no one was interested in doing a PitBoss game of Civ4, with a ton of people picking it up I thought we'd get a game going, but oh well.

I actually got added to the CAG steam group within 30 minutes of posting in the forum. Good amount of people on there. I think someone went through and caught up on all the people wanted to join.

[quote name='SEH']To the OP, there is an online version of Catan that is actually really good. My friends and I play it pretty often. Go here to download the client and create an account.

Link to download client:
http://www.cms.playcatan.com/content/view/6/37/lang,en_US/

Link to create account:
http://www.cms.playcatan.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,28/lang,en_US/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, iv downloaded a few versions of catan, carc and other games in the past that have been decent and will look into those. I would still love to see these and other board games come to steam though! Another great example would be Ticket to Ride! Age of Wonders(think its their game)sells a version of TTR at their site, and you can even download the game for free if you register your physical copy of TTR with their site. So why not just get that game running on steam?

Jesse ill probably take your survey tomorrow! But for now its time to get off and go to bed!

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why? Eidos collection

Killing Floor

None

$350

Buy less

Full Throttle and Phantasmagoria

$5-$7.50 each

Only he knows, though he may soon get an offer.

9) Where's his hair?
No answer.

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?
For value its Eidos or Telltale pack, Rome Total War Gold I got sucked into and for the deal price!!! :applause:
Shattered Horizons even for deal price not good, Futuremark is known for demos/benchmarking. This game feels incomplete more like one their benchmark programs.
Got Torchlight for $10 but don't regret it, just regret I didn't pay $5
$280 that doesn't include Thanksgiving sale

Remember when it starts, I missed the 1st 2 days
Grimfandango
$5
Probably not, he did say he was buying stuff. If he worked for Steam you'd think they would allow him access to all games. Plus Jesse wouldn't lie to us? Right? .......... Right?
9) Where's his hair?
That's what happens when you play your electric guitar in a lightning storm Kids.

Like most I would have to say that there are many older, perhaps lesser known titles that I would like to see on Steam. GoG is a great website but I feel that they charge too much for many of the titles they have available.

Also, (please don't bite my head off) I'm not sure how titles that are Games for Windows Live work with Steam. For example, if I buy Dawn of War II on Steam would I still be able to link it to my Live account?

Well I only have LFD2 out of those but I'm definitely up for playing it and actually I haven't played the second one online yet. Now if we can get two other people to play every once awhile that would be fantastic.

I like playing with the same people instead of random people all the time then it's easier to progress and feel accomplished IMO.

So it looks like Groups on steam don't have forums which kind of stinks (if that is the case.) I still think it'd be easier to organize on here but I'll hold off for now ;).

What's your steam name MSI?

Mine is ZombieBunny

The sale just ended, so I haven't had the time to try out everything I got, but I'm having a good time with AudioSurf. Sometimes all I do is listen to music on my PC and nothing else, so this adds some fun that nothingness.
I'm temporarily going to have to go with Shattered Horizon for this, since I can't run it, yet. This will change later in the month. As for games I've already tried out, probably Torchlight. I never got into Diablo, so I thought this could get me into the genre before D3. So far, I'm only having an alright time with it.
The Sam & Max pack. It was in my cart from 9 to 9, but I never brought myself to check it out. I was and still am hoping it or the TellTale pack goes on sale next time for even less.
$60.00.
If it turns out that I don't get to all of the games I got during this sale by the next holiday sale, I'll try to be less trigger happy.
With the shiny new AvP coming out next month, AvP2+expansion would be sick.
$3.00
YES
9) Where's his hair?
NO

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Like most I would have to say that there are many older, perhaps lesser known titles that I would like to see on Steam. GoG is a great website but I feel that they charge too much for many of the titles they have available.

Also, (please don't bite my head off) I'm not sure how titles that are Games for Windows Live work with Steam. For example, if I buy Dawn of War II on Steam would I still be able to link it to my Live account?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

DoW2 in fact requires Steam, even if you buy it Retail, you need to attach it to a Steam account.

A: Honestly I can't really narrow it down to one. But if I had to choose it would be Torchlight. Great gaming value for $10 or $5.

A: NONE

A: Eh, honestly perhaps Burnout Paradise or the newer Command and Conquer and Red Alert games. My plate is just way too full right now.

A: ~$25

A: Nothing really. Maybe hide my wallet when the Steam Holiday Sale comes rolling around.

A: None really as I do not like to double dip my game purchases.

A: A BUCK FIFTY!

A: Maybe...

9) Where's his hair?

A: Australia

A: It was Torchlight (for $10 and worth every penny) until I got L4D2 in a 4-pack with CAG's. Great game so far.

A: Osmos, the Darwinia/Multiwinia pack, and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum. They were impulse buys after reading reviews and people's posts on CAG, but I haven't enjoyed what little I've played of them thus far. I'm sure I'll end up getting my money out of them eventually, and even if I don't, they only cost ~$15 total.

A: No, I just wish I had waited until the end of the sale for some of the games I purchased that dropped in price during daily deals. I could've saved $8 doing so!

A: ~$200.

A: Wait out for daily deals and buy less in general.

A: Baldur's Gate I and II, KOTOR2 (worse than KOTOR I know, but I think I'd still enjoy it).

A: $2.50-5.

A: Eh?

9) Where's his hair?

A: dunno

Of what I've played so far, Multiwinia. While I've only spent a few hours with it, the multiplayer experience with my friends is one of the best I've had in a while. There's just something so charming about the game, coupled with the simplicity and variety in the multiplayer that makes it seem timeless. I don't see myself tiring of it any time soon.

While I'm not 100% sure on this, since I haven't played half the games I purchased, I'm going to say Puzzle Quest for $4.99. I already own the DS version, so I didn't really need another another copy, and I don't really have any plans to play it with my huge backlog. It was an impulse buy brought on by some friends, hoping to get some multiplayer going... that lasted as long as it took them to find out they needed to forward ports.

I regret not having enough expendable cash to purchase a lot of games during this sale... most notably the iD pack when it was discounted and Crysis/Crysis Warhead. While I have most of those titles in one form or another, I'd prefer Steam copies... I pretty much don't buy pc games anymore unless it's through Steam or if Steam accepts the CD key.

$120 so far. I might sneak another purchase in before the sale ends.

Save up more money for the sale. Also, less impulse buying on the first day - I was so impressed with the initial offering I spent nearly $60 on the first day, only to see a couple of the titles get even further discounted.

Some older titles, especially 3D Realms games... Death Rally, Duke Nukem Atomic Edition, Shadow Warrior, Raptor... and of course, more LucasArts adventures like Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, and Full Throttle.

$$2.49-$9.99 dependant on the title/pack.

If he doesn't, he should.

9) Where's his hair?

Trick question.

Bioshock.

Don't care for DRM so I held up until now. Love the game since it's the closest thing to System Shock 2 since, well, System Shock 2

Maybe the Painkiller Pack since I'm thinking I maybe should have jjust bought Painkiller Black instead. Not a biggie though.

Max Payne Bundle. Have physical copies of both but Steam convenience is good stuff.

About a cool $100

Get the Max Payne bundle if it goes down that low again. No regrets really though.

Tough, but I'd say a Looking Glass Studio pack with the Thief and System Shock games.

$10-$15 is fair to me.

That's none of my business.

9) Where's his hair?

Locks of Love?

Also, feel free to add me as a friend. Steam name = MikeUFC

I own L4D 1+2 and Killing Floor and enjoy them all. I usually play after work (around 6 PM PST).

Probally Red Nation or Zombie bowling. There were a lot of games that were cheap and great deals from the sale....but I and others knew about many of them. The best games to come from the sale were the ones like these which I/Others had no clue were good games.

At the moment there are none, but im wondering if ill second think the TellTale pack. $50 was a lot to spend and I wonder if Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max are all I play from it....could have got those 2 series on sale way cheaper.

Possibly Red Faction Gurilla.

$230ish

Wait till the final day to buy anything and not get my hopes up for huge deals on the final day.

Like I said above board games like TTR, Carc and Lost Cities

$2.00-$10.00 a game

If he does he better hook me up with some discounts!

9) Where's his hair?
He shaved it all and plastered it to his junk to create a giant genital afro.

The Eidos Collector Pack because it is a mega deal and is has a ton of games I like and love in it such as the Deus Ex and Hitman games. Not to mention I can try out Batman AA, Mini Ninjas, Thief, and other games I heard good things about.

None so far, but that's because I haven't played them all yet. I hear Infernal and a few other Eidos games are garbage, but they were essentially free in the pack.

A TON! Missed out on Mass Effect, Jade Empire, Max Payne, CivIV Complete, and a few other games I've been wanting that were perfectly priced. Those are the biggest regrets though and I wasn't online for a week so I would've bought them if I saw them. :bomb:

~$60

Save lots of money in preparation for this crazy sale!

System Shock series, Fallout series, KOTOR II, more board games (Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, etc.) a bunch of old Xbox games (Otogi series for example), tons more old and hard to find games/previously unavailable on PCs.

$5-10 depending on the game.

Nah, he freaking runs Steam!

9) Where's his hair?

Caught in the Matrix.

Orange Box @ $13 or Mass Effect @ $5

Torchlight @ $10 then it dropped to $5

Not really

About $150

Don't buy anything until the last daily deal shows

American McGee's Alice

as little as possible. this is CAG

No, Dawn of Discovery never went lower. sadly

9) Where's his hair?
He had chemo due to ball cancer

Street Fighter IV. Been playing none stop. For $10 how could you NOT be pleased?

Torchlight for $10 because it went down to $5 and Steam would not give me the difference back. No big loss but I guess Amazon has spoiled me.

A few but my wallet appreciate it. Lets see

Burnout Paradise Complete
Max Payne Complete

About $35 maybe $40

Only buy the daily deals and wait for the last day on everything else.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II damnit.

$20. Those are fucking classics.
*shrug*

9) Where's his hair?
*shrug*

I actually did not purchase anything during the sale.

See answer to 1).

Not yet.

Zero

Maybe buy something.

Disciples Series.
Wizardry Series

I already own them but would be nice to have them supported for quick play with friends.

For new players - No more than $14.99 or less.

That or he wants to work for them.

9) Where's his hair?

Don't know. Don't care.

Puzzle Quest. It's the single thing I miss most about my Xbox 360, so getting it for $5 was awesome. Really wish it had the expansion as well though.

Defense Grid, though it may end up being Burnout Paradise (installing it now). It's not a terrible game, but I purchased C&C later in the sales period and would rather have saved my $$$ on Defense Grid (even though it was only $2.49).

Easily Street Fighter IV. I was on the fence about it and tried to jump on it too late. For $10 it was a steal and would have been fun to just mess around with it, since I used to play SF2 all the time on SNES back in the day. If anyone happens to have an unused steam key for sale, that would be awesome.

$49.29, though it goes up to $69.27 if you include Torchlight and Last Remnant, which I bought the week before the sale started.

Nothing. I waited until the last day to get any non daily deals, so I already had a sound plan. Maybe do a better job of deciding on purchases so I don't miss out on stuff like I did with SF4, but it's not a huge deal since I've got tons to play.

Baldur's Gate Complete Collection or KOTOR 2

$10 for the collection and $5 for KOTOR 2

If saying yes results it more awesome Steam deals, then yes

9) Where's his hair?

Being used to knit a sweater since he is too poor after the Steam sales to afford one.

Borderlands Zombie Island DLC.The DLC was awesome and it really got me into the game again so I started a second playthrough with my soldier to get him to level 50.

Can't comment on this yet. I haven't even downloaded over half the stuff I bought but I don't see myself being displeased with any of it.

Nope.

~ $100

Wait until the last day before buying anything to make sure it doesn't show up as a daily deal.

Most games that I want are already on Steam. But I would like them to get Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. That is the only SC game I don't have on Steam.

$5

We all work for Steam. All hail our glorious Steam overlords!

9) Where's his hair?
Hair is overrated.

I'd really love to see the Quest for Glory or Police Quest Collections on Steam. Some of my best memories are from those games.

In terms of deals, I wouldn't mind seeing The Witcher showing up later (and cheaper) or Mass Effect at $5 (or lower) again. The biggest thing I'd love to see is DA:O Deluxe at $35 or less.

[quote name='namster1337']Good thread idea :D. I hope to see Fallout 3 GOTY, and the Splinter Cell games for the weekly deals.

And to further start the thread, i'll repost my purchases :p
[/QUOTE]

How did you get L4D2 and MW2 for free? Anyhow, here are my recent purchases. It was hell trying to resist buying about 10 more things during the super sale but I already have so much crap to play that it would have just been a waste:

steam.jpg

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']How did you get L4D2 and MW2 for free?

[/QUOTE]

He bought retail copies.

We need to get some regular CAG steam events going especially with the recent deals on L4D and L4D2.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']He bought retail copies.

We need to get some regular CAG steam events going especially with the recent deals on L4D and L4D2.[/QUOTE]

I will be playing Killing Floor, L4D and Quake Live this Wednesday 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST - If you see me online in Xfire and/or Steam - Send me a message for Ventrillo and server psswds - All servers will be East Coast.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']

We need to get some regular CAG steam events going especially with the recent deals on L4D and L4D2.[/QUOTE]
agreed

Guys, any other deals on L4D2? I didn't bite yesterday and I'm regretting it seeing all you CAGs who play. I own the 360 version is why I didn't bite tho.

I picked up All these, and i cant believe i spent as much as i did, all these 10-20 purchases sure do add up. But i did get a Shitload of games to play.

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood $1.39
Cogs $1.99
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $1.99
Half-Life 1: Source $2.49
Day of Defeat: Source $2.49
Zombie Driver $2.49
Time Gentlemen, Please! $2.49
Audiosurf $2.50
Multiwinia + Darwinia $2.99
Puzzle Indie $2.99
Jade Empire $3.75
King's Quest Collection $4.99
Space Quest Collection $4.99
Morrowind Game of the Year $4.99
Mass Effect $4.99
Medieval II: Total War $4.99
Killing Floor $4.99
Big Brain Wolf $4.99
Action Indie $4.99
Battlefield 2 $7.49
King's Bounty: Armored Princess $9.99
Torchlight $9.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition $13.59
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $13.60
Super ID Software Pack $23.79
Telltale Everything Pack $49.99

Grand Total: $195.92

[quote name='Logain8955']
Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that no one was interested in doing a PitBoss game of Civ4, with a ton of people picking it up I thought we'd get a game going, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Me too!! I'm honestly really disappointed! Literally no one cares except us. Frankly, it seems like it's pretty amazing that you even got me to care from the lack of interest everyone else is showing. :) Maybe we need to check out a Civ IV thread. Maybe there's a Civ IV thread on CAG here?

I still haven't even gone through the tutorial, but I totally want in on PitBoss.

[quote name='Megazell']6) What game would you most like to see on Steam?

Disciples Series.
Wizardry Series
[/QUOTE]

Actually, Disciples II is on here. Did you already know? I bought it and also the GoG version cause the freaking Steam version is flaky with Windows 7. Boo.

Should we put a link to the holiday thread in the top post? I don't know if it's necessary or useful really but sometimes it's done.

I was totally eager for more deals when I woke up this morning. Then I remembered it was over. :) I've spent a truly frightful amount of money, however, so I'm content to wait for weekend/mid-week deals (that I will probably not be interested in). I wanna be thrifty for a while now.

[quote name='foltzie']Valve Complete and Super ID Software Pack ~$110

~45 games comes out to ~$2.45 a game. Granted a few are Half-Life Lost Coast and Commander Keen.

Unfortunately, this also means I'll have to get a new computer because I'm fairly certain L4D2 wont run on an my MBAs Intel GMA intergrated GPU. Not to mention the size constraints.[/QUOTE]

Reposted from the other thread.

Great idea on making this thread...now the spirit of the official Steam Holiday Deals thread lives on! :)

So here is my final stash of games I looted:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
World in Conflict: Complete Pack
World of Goo
Trine
Sam and Max: Season One + Two Pack
Ghost Master
Mass Effect
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Max Payne: 1 & 2 Bundle Pack
Jade Empire
Killing Floor
Bioshock
The Orange Box
Braid
Medieval II: Total War
Day of Defeat: Source
Zombie Driver
Oddworld: Abes Oddysee and Exoddus Pack
Zombie Shooter 2
Battlefield 2: Complete Pack
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Splinter Cell
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Indigo Prophecy
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Audiosurf
Rome: Total War Gold
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor: Complete Pack
Complete Shooter Pack
Star Wars: KOTOR
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast
Machinarium

My grand total came to a staggering $204.01! Happy? Yes. Pains of shame and guilt? You betcha'! ;)

bread's done
Back