* * * - - 5 votes

The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

#4321 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:23 AM

It doesn't seem like this thread is very active, is it?

It's supposed to be a thread where I can argue with myself.

#4322 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22406 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

I have a Steam refund question. 

I read somewhere that Steam now let people request refunds on Steam purchases that have been played less than 2 hours, in case the game didn't run or sucked or something along those lines. 

Does this apply for physical purchases that are redeemed on Steam? I have the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition that I bought from BBY and although there's a game disc, it's a steam game and needs to be downloaded. So I'm wondering if, I install it and it just doesn't run well on my PC, can I still request a refund on it? 

#4323 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1266 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

I read somewhere that Steam now let people request refunds on Steam purchases that have been played less than 2 hours, in case the game didn't run or sucked or something along those lines. 

Does this apply for physical purchases that are redeemed on Steam? I have the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition that I bought from BBY and although there's a game disc, it's a steam game and needs to be downloaded. So I'm wondering if, I install it and it just doesn't run well on my PC, can I still request a refund on it? 

So you bought it from Best Buy, and you want Valve to refund the money to you?

#4324 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:11 AM

No, meng.  It's only if you buy stuff directly on/from Steam.

#4325 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22406 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

So you bought it from Best Buy, and you want Valve to refund the money to you?

No, meng.  It's only if you buy stuff directly on/from Steam.

Ok, I now realize how stupid my question was. I just remember Steam refund and thinking that Steam could deactivate the key so I can sell it or something. My bad. 

Really torn here though, I feel like my PC isn't powerful enough to run this at a smooth fps at decent settings... just wish there was way to know for sure. Wish PC demos were still common. 

#4326 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

Ok, I now realize how stupid my question was. I just remember Steam refund and thinking that Steam could deactivate the key so I can sell it or something. My bad. 

Really torn here though, I feel like my PC isn't powerful enough to run this at a smooth fps at decent settings... just wish there was way to know for sure. Wish PC demos were still common. 

Did you try this FO4 mod?

Link:

http://www.nexusmods...lout4/mods/73/?

#4327 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22406 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

Did you try this FO4 mod?

Link:

http://www.nexusmods...lout4/mods/73/?

Hahaha... my computer isn't that bad. I might try that on my laptop though.:lol: 

#4328 Khondor   I'll be Gentle..!!!!! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

Hello all
I have not posted on CAG in over a year, just wanted to drop in and wish you all a belated Merry Christmas 
and have a Happy New Year. Enjoy

A
Spoiler

B
Spoiler

C
Spoiler

D
Spoiler

E
Spoiler

F
Spoiler

G
Spoiler

H
Spoiler

I
Spoiler

K
Spoiler

L
Spoiler

M
Spoiler

N
Spoiler

O
Spoiler

P
Spoiler

R
Spoiler

S
Spoiler

T
Spoiler

U
Spoiler

V
Spoiler

W
Spoiler

X
Spoiler

Z
Spoiler

:D/

#4329 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hello all
I have not posted on CAG in over a year, just wanted to drop in and wish you all a belated Merry Christmas 

thanks alot  for the free keys, i got some of the games like xcom, vangard princess, and dead space, and cryisis 2

#4330 ggaatt  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hello all

Thank you!

Got Bob came in pieces & Castleminer Z  :D/

#4331 Rigor Mortis  

Rigor Mortis

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

I am seriously thinking of getting a steam link and controller to be able to play this huge ass backlog on my tv. One of the games I really enjoy playing and would make this a definite purchase is Path of Exile. Does anyone know if it supports steam link and controller? Anyone have any experience with it by chance? 

#4332 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

not sure if it's appropriate to ask in here but does anyone know a good way to get discounted Steam Fund? Been getting back into CSGO and would love to start buying some stuff. Searched Marketplace but not luck there. Seems people only trading game keys there.

#4333 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10563 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:45 AM

not sure if it's appropriate to ask in here but does anyone know a good way to get discounted Steam Fund? Been getting back into CSGO and would love to start buying some stuff. Searched Marketplace but not luck there. Seems people only trading game keys there.

As in money in your Steam wallet?  Only way I know to get to get it "cheap" is the rare discount on Steam wallet cards.  Sometimes you'll see Best Buy or eBay having a discount you can apply to gift cards including Steam cards.  That'll only save you (at best) 20% though.

#4334 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hire some Chinese kids to farm trading cards for you. They're cheap and will work for pennies a day.

#4335 Prince25  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

Hello all

Haha, I am a little late for the keys but still appreciate your generosity! 

#4336 jeztur2003   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

jeztur2003

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi, looking for people to play some games with occasionally. Feel free to add me.
Steam:jeztur2014

#4337 Síocháin Zum Subete   Banned Banned   1929 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Síocháin Zum Subete

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

If anyone else owns and wants to play some Total War games feel free to add me on Steam. Here are the TW games I own atm:

Empire: Total War

Total War: Warhammer

Shogun 2: Total War

Medieval 2: Total War