* * * - - 5 votes

The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

#91 Kenrik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Anyone want a guest pass for killing floor? I have two.

Also I have one for Counter Strike Source.

#92 Kenrik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have a copy of Mass Effect from the EA sale that I'm selling... $5

I bought the one from steam because I prefer to have all of the games in the same place and I don't need this extra copy I have.

#93 Kenrik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

ohhh.... and anyone have an extra gift copy of Team Fortress 2 ? I now decided I want it and I don't want to pay $20 for it. :(

Let me know how much ? or trade for mass effect.

#94 Salamando3000   For Good or for Awesome CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Salamando3000

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Kenrik, triple posting is frowned down upon. It's much better to just edit the first post than to make two more posts. Keeps the thread a little cleaner.

Also, as mentioned above, it would be better to keep Trade/Selling inquiries to the Trade forums and/or PM's.

#95 tcolberg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

tcolberg

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Does anyone else here own Defcon? It's been awhile since I've played a good game of Defcon.

I own Defcon (it won't show up in my steam games list since I bought it retail). I'd love to play a game sometime even though I suck at it. You should try to arrange something through the CAG Steam group.

I'll post my haul from the sale later this evening after work.

#96 yeah-yeah   werd. CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

Anyone want a guest pass for killing floor? I have two.

I might take you up on that KF guest pass - do they have to be used right away, or can I hold onto it for a bit?

#97 Chuplayer   Anticitizen One CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Chuplayer

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Outrun 2006 is no longer on Steam. WTF? I looked it up to see what the price went to after the holiday sale, and it isn't there anymore. I guess I can still install it anytime I want since I bought it already, but WTF? Nobody can buy it again? Has this ever happened before on Steam?

#98 TurboNerd   I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'd love to try CS Source please! :bouncy:

#99 Megazell   Linux Gamer Closed Account   5388 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I was a fool to not pick it up when it first came out. I would have loved it, but it didn't get the media hype necessary to get my attention (wouldn't have taken much, but it was pretty ignored). By the time Disciples II came out, my computer (I think a Pentium 233 at the time?) just couldn't handle it. I played the demo and loved it, but I had to listen to the game shredding my HDD. :) Or maybe my HDD was failing at that point and that caused the game to run poorly.

Either way, it's not until now that I've gotten into the Disciples games, and so far, I think they're the best of the whole genre--better than HoMM, even better than Age of Wonders.

Unfortunately, reports from Russia are that Disciples III is a buggy mess. :( Hopefully once the bugs are fixed, we'll get something at least as great as D2. If not, it's a damn shame.

I'm going to go buy D1. Shoulda gotten it when it was on sale!

Edit: $10 on GoG... I'm going to wait a little while... til it's either on sale again or I simply cannot live without it. Got so much to play already and spent so much recently! I won't play D2 until after I can get and play D1 tho.

You can find that game for $4.99 at Staples and Target. I see it all the time in the bargain bins.

I'm quite the opposite when it comes to purchases in general but more so with games. If there are commercials for it and it's not a gameplay only video...I tend to think it's not worth the $ let alone the hype.

I got by word of mouth and gameplay videos/review only.

#100 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

Outrun 2006 is no longer on Steam. WTF? I looked it up to see what the price went to after the holiday sale, and it isn't there anymore. I guess I can still install it anytime I want since I bought it already, but WTF? Nobody can buy it again? Has this ever happened before on Steam?

Hmmmm that is odd. As long as we can keep downloading it im ok with it though! Stuff like that is always a fear of mine, it always worries me when stuff like that happens because that means that from now on Valve is maintaining something they are no longer making money off of. How long will they be willing to do that for? And when they stop it seems wrong that we that bought it are just SOL.

What really pisses me off about it is that the government keeps passing more and more laws making it more expensive and difficult to be a pirate or even not a pirate but someone that is doing anything outside the wishes of these giant corporations.......and absolutely nothing to protect the rights of the consumer as we move into a new age of technology with all these new ways of distributing products!

#101 TestType   model fetishist CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

Ah, the 2009 Steam sale...good memories. Posted this in the original sale thread by the time everyone had stopped reading so here it is again:

Here's my final tally:

Defense Grid - $2.50
Jade Empire - $3.75
Trine - $5
Ghostbusters - $6.79
LucasArts Adventure Pack - $2.50
Broken Sword Twin Pack - $5
Left 4 Dead 2 - $26
Tomb Raider Legend - $13.39

Total: $65

Definately would have bought Civ4 complete and the Witcher like so many of you did if I hadn't already bought them during a midweek madness on Steam earlier this winter.
Considered a lot of the cheaper games many were getting but decided to rather concentrate my time and money on the two more expensive titles I really wanted; Tomb Raider Legend and L4D2.

All in all very happy with my purchases! I must confess I was glued to this thread and the Steam page throughout my christmas vacation. In a way I'm glad it's over so I can think about something else :)

And finally, big thanks to Arben, Vendetta and N64Fanboy for making the L4D2 4-pack come together!

#102 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

I got by word of mouth and gameplay videos/review only.

I've pretty much always just gone by reviews, so all I can imagine is that the Disciples reviews failed to catch my attention. A shame! I would have loved it back then.

____

So, about guest passes. I have some, or I did at least. I was about to post asking if anyone wanted them, but I no longer have a "gift" column under "my games". What gives?

And finally, re: Steam News--

Looks like Divinity II is $5 off. Heh. Not a great deal, though reviews are favorable (no US reviews yet, at least not from major outlets). I assume it's the sequel to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, at least. Probably $20 or less for Steam Holiday 2010. :)

Demo: http://demos.dtp-ent...ty2_DEMO_EN.exe

Kind of excited to try it out. If it were $29.99 I might bite, but $49.99 is a lot, and $5 is a cruddy discount, even if it is new.

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 06 January 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#103 leahthevegan   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   48 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

leahthevegan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Steam started the pre-order for Star Trek online. Anybody here going to play that?

#104 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

I've pretty much always just gone by reviews, so all I can imagine is that the Disciples reviews failed to catch my attention. A shame! I would have loved it back then.

____

So, about guest passes. I have some, or I did at least. I was about to post asking if anyone wanted them, but I no longer have a "gift" column under "my games". What gives?

And finally, re: Steam News--

Looks like Divinity II is $5 off. Heh. Not a great deal, though reviews are favorable (no US reviews yet, at least not from major outlets). I assume it's the sequel to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, at least. Probably $20 or less for Steam Holiday 2010. :)

Demo: http://demos.dtp-ent...ty2_DEMO_EN.exe

Kind of excited to try it out. If it were $29.99 I might bite, but $49.99 is a lot, and $5 is a cruddy discount, even if it is new.

It just happans sometimes. Go to the games tab(not my games but games near file)then go to manage gifts and they should be there. I too have gift passes for madballs and killing floors if anyone wants them.

#105 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Steam started the pre-order for Star Trek online. Anybody here going to play that?

Looks neat, but I'm not sure how many MMOs I can handle at once (maybe one or zero!).

I'll be eager to read a few reviews.

It just happans sometimes. Go to the games tab(not my games but games near file)then go to manage gifts and they should be there. I too have gift passes for madballs and killing floors if anyone wants them.

Thanks dude, that did it. :)

My gift passes are the three for Shattered Horizon and one four Counterstrike: Source. If anyone wants them, just let me know!

I'm in the Steam CAG group now. :D yay!

#106 Kenrik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

How do I get in the CAG Steam Group?? Says by invite only?

#107 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:46 AM

I don't know if I can handle another MMO but I'm definitely interested in hearing reviews and impressions!

#108 TurboNerd   I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

Anyone got a Counter Strike Source pass? I wanna try!

#109 leahthevegan   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   48 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

leahthevegan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

I don't know if I can handle another MMO but I'm definitely interested in hearing reviews and impressions!

Which MMO's are you playing?

#110 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

So, Steam has this awesome sale, tons of stuff for cheap, I'm set for games for months, good to go.

Last night my left wrist goes to hell while plaing Mass Effect, severe pain when I try to use a keyboard. Probably carpal tunnel problems, which I've had in the past.

They'll probably clear up in a few days to a week of wearing a wrist brace like usual, but man, crappy timing. Least I can play Civ4 with just the mouse and the 10key.

Oh hell YES. It basically looks like Starfleet Command: The MMO. Since I loved SFC, I am super hyped for this.

#111 Ryukahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

I'm waiting for FFXIV or Star Wars The Old Republic. I may go back to WoW for a bit since the last patch made gearing toons easy mode, and I love to alt it up so that's right up my alley.

#112 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

So, Steam has this awesome sale, tons of stuff for cheap, I'm set for games for months, good to go.

Last night my left wrist goes to hell while plaing Mass Effect, severe pain when I try to use a keyboard. Probably carpal tunnel problems, which I've had in the past.

They'll probably clear up in a few days to a week of wearing a wrist brace like usual, but man, crappy timing. Least I can play Civ4 with just the mouse and the 10key.

Oh hell YES. It basically looks like Starfleet Command: The MMO. Since I loved SFC, I am super hyped for this.

Hehe I had that while playing D2 one time. I just started playing awkwardly with my left hand and if things got too heated id just play through the pain. Bad idea but yeah...its Diablo!

#113 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

HA, nobody answered that poor guy.

How do I get in the CAG Steam Group?? Says by invite only?

There's a CAG thread around here somewhere with instructions.

Okay, I said that. Stop stealing, stealer.

Last night my left wrist goes to hell while plaing Mass Effect...

Sorry to hear that, man. :( We'll have to play lots of Civ IV.

Anyone got a Counter Strike Source pass? I wanna try!

I do! How do I get it go you?

#114 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

So starting tomorrow I will try to remember to gather up any steam news/releases I can find first thing in the mourning and post it all in the first post on page 1. To try and keep discussion lively in the topic I will try to post a daily question for everyone(similar to Jesses survey which people seemed to enjoy). Should hopefully help keep things somewhat fresh and active.

If anyone catches articles related to steam or notices things like deals, price drops etc then shoot me a PM and ill post the story in the first post and give you credit. Feel free to shoot suggestions too.

#115 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:45 AM

Sounds good to me, man! Thanks for putting in the effort!

Is tomorrow the mid-week sale? It's kind of stupidly exciting, even though I rather hope it's nothing I want!

#116 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

No clue! Steam has been weird with sales recently, seems like some weeks the midweek sale is big, some its small, some it doesnt come at all! Regardless I will check the site a few times a day and if I see the sale ill post it on the front page of the topic along with any other news.

I highly doubt it will come about, but I did also send in a suggestion to Game Informer to do an article on steam. The magazine isnt the crap fest it used to be, they have updated it to have a monthly interview segment and articles like time lines for developers/games/series that are really interesting. I doubt they will take the suggestion, but it would be cool if they did. Id love to see someone do a real in depth with someone in charge at steam to get some info on things like sales numbers and what kind of profit they are making. If not an interview a time line piece on them would be cool too.

#117 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3667 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

That would be really interesting... I'm interested in Impulse, too (which I also have, but I kind of prefer Steam... and sorta wish I had Civ IV and Tropico Reloaded on Steam instead.. oops!).

#118 Mike UFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

Does Outrun 2K6 play horribly for anyone else? I tried it on a keyboard and the controls were ubersensitive even with the sensitivity is toned all the way down. I lightly press the keys and I'm scraping wall both ways.

#119 Chuplayer   Anticitizen One CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Chuplayer

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

Does Outrun 2K6 play horribly for anyone else? I tried it on a keyboard and the controls were ubersensitive even with the sensitivity is toned all the way down. I lightly press the keys and I'm scraping wall both ways.

I use a Controller S converted to a PC gamepad. It plays fine with that.

#120 kilm   Beaten! CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Do you have VSync enabled?