It seems that MVP Baseball 2005 is officially 29.99

[quote name='Yankeez']THe price has been like that for about a week now.

But thanks for the post :)[/quote]

Except the PSP version, evidently.

In my opinion this is the only EA Sports game that is thoroughly better than the Sega Sports competition. I think its great that the price has been lowered assuming the game is as good as last year.

[quote name='lionheart4life']In my opinion this is the only EA Sports game that is thoroughly better than the Sega Sports competition. I think its great that the price has been lowered assuming the game is as good as last year.[/quote]

And this is why everyone has opinions. I truly liked ESPN last year

But yes, I'm glad to see both are priced reasonably

Yeah, it is unfortunate that this is the last year. I just hope Take Two takes their game to a new level next year.

[quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

yes if you keep it sealed for 10 years it will be worth 1 million dollars.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

yes if you keep it sealed for 10 years it will be worth 1 million dollars.[/quote]

yes! since punq agrees I'll probably pick up 3 of them :)

I will probably pick up both, I love MVP 2004, but I have never played a sega baseball game. So both for 50 sounds like a good deal to me!

I bought MVP last year, but left handers not being able to hit homeruns like normal kinda pissed me off. I'm leaning more towards Major League Baseball 2K5 right now.

[quote name='rawisjericho']I bought MVP last year, but left handers not being able to hit homeruns like normal kinda pissed me off. I'm leaning more towards Major League Baseball 2K5 right now.[/quote]

Well I bet you'll be happy to hear that they fixed that problem this year. It was one of the biggest complaints and EA addresed it. :D

I'm probably going to pick up MVP this year. What would be the best thing I can do with my 2004 copy? Are there any trade-in deals (such as, trade in the 2004 game and get the game a few dollars cheaper, etc.) or such?

I bought MVP last year and then rented ESPN, and I thought that ESPN was terrible. It was surprising to me, because I liked the games before it.

Well, we'll see what happens. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm probably going to pick up MVP this year. What would be the best thing I can do with my 2004 copy? Are there any trade-in deals (such as, trade in the 2004 game and get the game a few dollars cheaper, etc.) or such?

I bought MVP last year and then rented ESPN, and I thought that ESPN was terrible. It was surprising to me, because I liked the games before it.

Well, we'll see what happens. :)[/quote]

Um...Never trade in an old sports game, unless you do it fast. You'll get a really, really low price for it. Like $3...

Your best bet would be to sell it at a garage sale or something and try and get like $10-$15 for it.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols'][quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm probably going to pick up MVP this year. What would be the best thing I can do with my 2004 copy? Are there any trade-in deals (such as, trade in the 2004 game and get the game a few dollars cheaper, etc.) or such?

Well, we'll see what happens. :)[/quote]

Um...Never trade in an old sports game, unless you do it fast. You'll get a really, really low price for it. Like $3...

Your best bet would be to sell it at a garage sale or something and try and get like $10-$15 for it.[/quote]

...or go to Gamerush. Gamestop offered me $8, yes, $8, for Madden and NCAA 2004 last July. I went to Gamerush the next day and got $30 total for both.

I'm definitely getting MVP, it was the better game last year and it's the better game this year. ESPN seems to have been copying MVP's innovations as their own. ESPN will have picture-in-picture baserunning, like MVP had last year. Just what I've seen from the previews of both. The 125 year dynasty will keep me plenty busy during the next 7 years of Take-Two's MLB reign. I've heard that EA may make a college baseball instead of MLB, which could be cool though I hardly ever watch the sport.

If you trade in any EA sports 2005 title @ GameStop, you can get MVP for 9.99....I was also thinking about trading in ESPN college hoops, and NBA at game rush and getting 16 bucks for both and then pay 3.99 for ESPN baseball. Not bad, 2 brand new baseball games for 15 bucks.

MVP just got sweeter.

EA bumped up the release date to next week instead of the first week of March! Check the page again and you can see that EB/Gamestop changed the date.

NOOOOO!!!! GT4 and this in one week? How can the gaming gods do this to me? Good thing I got $20 from my Grandma for my birthday today, that'll go with the guaranteed $60 of credit at EB from their trade 2 get an extra $10 deal.

Awesome week for me.

[quote name='bmarquardt']OK, best deal for this is $20.94 shipped after $15 coupon (look for the new ones in your inbox) at

http://eastore.ea.com

Glad I cancelled my pre-order at Outpost.com[/quote]

Yep....this is what I'm doing. I'll get both for $40.....then I'll evaluate and trade one in

About the $15 coupon..i registered a long time ago and have never gotten any coupon from them. Anyone know why that might be?

Edit: Ok, somehow my options got changed to not wanting info from EA. That should take care of my problem. Also, I noticed that there is a code for free shipping on MVP. Not sure if it is stackable with the $15 off coupon though.

[quote name='uuaww']shaq-fuing EA store still has it for $50, i wanna use my $15 off coupon!!![/quote]

It says $30 on my computer.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='uuaww']shaq-fuing EA store still has it for $50, i wanna use my $15 off coupon!!![/quote]

It says $30 on my computer.[/quote]

Yeah, it says $49.95 on the Front page, but as soon as you link to any of the system pages and go to "sports", it says $29.95.

This deal would be even sweeter if you could combine the free shipping they are offering for MVP 2005 with the EA Newsletter code.

[quote name='doubledown']What's the free shipping code?[/quote]

MVP2005FS

I already tried combining it with my newsletter code, but it won't let you.

I'd rather pay the extra $10.00 and pick it up today, so I probably won't use my code on MVP, but if I would have been able to use both, it would have been too hard to pass up for $14.95

MVP and 2K5 came out today. That is awesome. I don't really play baseball games to much but I will have to check 2k5. You can't really beat $20 bucks from jump.

[quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

Why is it EA's last MLB player licensed game?

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

Why is it EA's last MLB player licensed game?[/quote]

Take-two bought the third party rights for MLB. Only first party publishes like Nintendo or Sony can make baseball games other than Take-Two's now.

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

I believe Take Two Bought Exclusive MLB third party rights. Micrsoft, Sony, and Nintendo can still put out First Party MLB games I believe after this year.

Nintendo is coming out with a first party MLB game in April.I believe it 's called Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball. I wonder how that's going to be....I think it's being made by the same team that did WSB2k3.

I am sad I can't buy 2k5 yet because I don't have my PS2 or Xbox at my home. They are at my girlfriend's house and she can't stand sports in general let alone video game sports. Only new console I have left is my Cube. I think if I found a deal on MVP I might buy it for Cube but I doubt it.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

Take-two bought the third party rights for MLB. Only first party publishes like Nintendo or Sony can make baseball games other than Take-Two's now.[/quote]

When did this happen? Before or after EA got the NFL rights?

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='maxflight']this might be rare some day, since it's EA's last MLB player licensed game for a while :p[/quote]

Take-two bought the third party rights for MLB. Only first party publishes like Nintendo or Sony can make baseball games other than Take-Two's now.[/quote]

When did this happen? Before or after EA got the NFL rights?[/quote]

It happened after. I think it was about a week or two afterwards.

[quote name='Indiana']I thought EA could not make a baseball game next year.[/quote]

"MLB" baseball game, they could be working on a College World Series game for next just to keep using the engine from MVP.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MVP 2005 is $15 after $15 off EA GC plus Freeshipping ;)[/quote]

They don't work together. The total will end up being just over $20.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='Masterkyo']MVP 2005 is $15 after $15 off EA GC plus Freeshipping ;)[/quote]

They don't work together. The total will end up being just over $20.[/quote]

SKU NAME QTY PRICE SUBTOTAL
--------------- ----------------------- ---- ------- --------

14890 MVP Baseball™ 200 1 $14.95 $14.95

---------------------------------------------------------------
Totals
Subtotal = $14.95
Shipping Total = $5.99
Tax Total = $0.00
Order Total = $20.94

bread's done
Back