PS3 Headset + TC Endwar @ BB $30

grendelkhan

CAG Veteran
Stopped by my local Best Buy today & saw they had several copies of Tom Clancy's Endwar with the Official Bluetooth Headset in the bargain bin for $30. Not sure how many stores have this, but if you've been wanting the headset anyway, buy the package...even if you throw the game away, you're still money ahead!

I think you can put a big YMMV on this post. Unless there's been a universal price drop I haven't heard of. Its usually up to the Best Buy if they want to get rid of the bundles to put it on sale as most of the ones in my area are still selling it at the ridiculous price of 79.99. Happy I picked it up as a part of the B2G1 for 29.99

[quote name='randu']I think you can put a big YMMV on this post. Unless there's been a universal price drop I haven't heard of. Its usually up to the Best Buy if they want to get rid of the bundles to put it on sale as most of the ones in my area are still selling it at the ridiculous price of 79.99. Happy I picked it up as a part of the B2G1 for 29.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my question so fast. I"ll just keep looking a good deal on the kind of headset I would like. ;)

[quote name='Erathaol']Thanks for answering my question so fast. I"ll just keep looking a good deal on the kind of headset I would like. ;)[/QUOTE]

Np, I'd spend a little extra money for a better headset as the one in the box is only a slight step above using a cellphone bluetooth earpiece. Personally I can't keep the thing in my ear for more than a couple hours because it can get kind of uncomfortable.

This is actually a nice deal for the headset and the game.

the kind of the deal i am actually looking for.

Anyone want to confirm that the headset is good?

brb, googling

[quote name='randu']Np, I'd spend a little extra money for a better headset as the one in the box is only a slight step above using a cellphone bluetooth earpiece. Personally I can't keep the thing in my ear for more than a couple hours because it can get kind of uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

That seems like what will happen. I been looking pretty hard for something that is comfortable, compatible with PC/PS3 and at a reasonable price. I missed both Buy.com's sale on the Tritton AX 180 and Neweggs sale on the TRITTON AX51 Pro, not to mention BB's $10 off the Turtle Beach Ear Force P21. Than I saw the Creative Labs HS-980 for $55 on Amazon but have found no conformation on it being compatible with the PS3. I did however find that people could not get the microphone to work on the PS3 with other creative labs headsets. :whistle2:(

I'm back in the saddle looking for a good headset.

[quote name='riddler']what area/bestbuy did OP find this deal if you don't mind me asking ?[/QUOTE]

I found it at the Best Buy in Sunrise, FL (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area).

$45 here. And the headset alone was stickered at $40 on sale at one BB. I have EndWar on 360 so no deal for me.

Is there any advantage to using this headset with the PS3 over a good BT cellphone headset, eg Plantronics 510 or Voyager Pro? The PS3 should pair with any BT headset, right?

[quote name='lude21']LOL...where the hell is Yurop?

Not a bad deal, im still using my headset i got at Sears for 97 cents. :)[/QUOTE]

what headset is that?

At my Bestbuy it was $45 (%50 off), Northern CA. It's a fantastic headset, and it doesn't bother me even after using it for an hour. Most of the people on PSN use standard cellphone bluetooths and they aren't even good, I hear a lot of extra noise and static often. This is the best headset if you want to voice chat on PSN.

I've seen this at my BB but it was marked 79.99 but was sitting in the clearance section, makes me wonder what it actually rings up at.
I have the headset and I really like it. The only thing is it is a bit sensitive to even like breathing so on Open Mic games I tend to mute myself if i don't have anything to really say. Which brings me to my ONE complaint about it. When you hit the mute button, it'll beep in your ear every 30 seconds or so to remind you you're on mute which i find incredibly annoying. I wish there was a way to disable that but i doubt there is. Otherwise it's a solid headset. The High Quality Audio mode is WAY better than the Jabra that came with Warhawk but slightly below a Plantronics USB wired headset I have with my work laptop (it didn't have volume or mute so it was useless but it sounded the best of the 3).

Checked two BBs in SoCal today, one on Chapman and the other on South Coast Drive/Bear St., didnt see anything :(

The employee said the game was only offered online, and he couldnt find a SKU for the headset bundle

[quote name='randu']Np, I'd spend a little extra money for a better headset as the one in the box is only a slight step above using a cellphone bluetooth earpiece. Personally I can't keep the thing in my ear for more than a couple hours because it can get kind of uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

I've heard a couple people complain about it being uncomfortable, but it's the most comfortable headset I've ever used. I barely even notice when I'm wearing it and at least once I had it on for the 9 hours it took the battery to run empty.

Are you wearing it properly? Is the ear hook too large for your ear? Those are the only things I can think of that would make it uncomfortable.

[quote name='D Skylark']Checked two BBs in SoCal today, one on Chapman and the other on South Coast Drive/Bear St., didnt see anything :(

The employee said the game was only offered online, and he couldnt find a SKU for the headset bundle[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. The one at South Coast is the BB I usually go to, too bad they didn't have the deal :cry:

Mine too was $45.
o.gif

They have some of these by me, but it says its 62.99, but i don't know what it will ring up as.....i hate being that guy who goes.....i was expecting a different price....and give it a big "do not want"

[quote name='D Skylark']Even though I know its still over 50% off, I would still feel like a chump for buying it at $45 on newegg now hahaha damn : /[/QUOTE]

I realize it's a favorite CAG pastime to jump into any deal thread and say "Hey man, I found this way cheaper seven months ago at Target/TRU/when Circuit City closed/at a local pawn shop/etc.," but unless someone invents a time machine, this is still a good deal.

[quote name='flatliner718']They have some of these by me, but it says its 62.99, but i don't know what it will ring up as.....i hate being that guy who goes.....i was expecting a different price....and give it a big "do not want"[/QUOTE]

Only way to find out if the price is marked down. I have the same feeling sometimes, but hey to get the best deals, this is what a CAG has to do.

I live in SoCAL near Chino Hills, I've yet to check. Having kind of a bad week, if I get a chance I'll look.

[quote name='flatliner718']They have some of these by me, but it says its 62.99, but i don't know what it will ring up as.....i hate being that guy who goes.....i was expecting a different price....and give it a big "do not want"[/QUOTE]

I wish more stores had the machines you can price check items at your convenience. I used to use them in Target all the time as a kid, I thought they would catch on but they never did.

anyone else have any success finding one of these bundles at BB?? i tired my local best buy in SoCal in City of Industry but they didn't even carry the game without the headset. I had the guys check and he said it only shows up online for game only. any CAGs out there have an extra copy? I'd gladly pay $40 shipped pst

Hey, there's a CAG near me then! I thought I was the only one close to the City of Industy Best Buy =) At least now I know not to check for the bundle at the store now....was there still copies of Riddick when you left?

I think the headsets sound awful. You can never understand anyone. For $30 I got the Eye of Judgment game with the PS Eye, now THAT's a good mic. No worry about it being comfortable or running out of batteries. I doubt any more exist at that price.

I bought this from target back when it was $55, the headset sounds kinda tinny, and it ITCHES the inside of your ear after wearing it for awhile, but it's the only ps3 headset I could find that has a "mute" button, so that's all that mattered to me.

Also, usally there is a register in the middle of BB near the cameras with a moniter, scanner, and money drawer. Usually you can grab any employee in the middle of the store and have them check the price there (had to use it on BF, thank God I didn't have to wait through the whole line for nothing).

bread's done
Back