FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Just got this in my email:
ATLUS ANNOUNCES METAL SLUG XX™ FOR PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) SYSTEM

One X away from ESRB trouble​
metalslugxx_boxart_small.jpg
IRVINE, CA - JANUARY 5, 2010 - Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced METAL SLUG XX™, a side-scrolling, arcade-style, run-and-gun shooter for PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system, exploding with the same winning formula of over-the-top action and cartoon mayhem that has kept METAL SLUG a premier franchise for over a decade. Frantic and fun, serious METAL SLUG fans and casual gamers alike can relive the glo[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ry and charm of old school cooperative arcade play, teaming with a friend via ad-hoc multiplayer to outrun and outshoot hundreds of enemies and liberate as many prisoners as possible.

Choose between six zany METAL SLUG characters and shoot through seven action-packed levels with varying obstacles, numerous enemies, and diverging paths. Confident players can put their skills to the test by playing more than 70 mission-based trials in "Combat School." With its unmistakable style and personality, nostalgic gameplay, more than 70 missions, and the ability to play with a friend, METAL SLUG XX is the definitive portable METAL SLUG arcade experience.

Consider yourself the ultimate METAL SLUG fan? Purchase Leona, a seventh playable character with her own unique abilities, via PlayStation®Store for only 99 cents.

METAL SLUG XX is currently scheduled for release on February 23, 2010 with an MSRP of just $19.99. For more information, please visit the website www.atlus.com/metalslugxx.[/FONT]

According to my friend who just purchased and finished the Japanese version of this game, it's just Metal Slug 7 (which is on DS) with unlimited continues. *shrug*

It's a remix of Metal Slug 7.

Kinda like Metal Slug X was a remix of .... 2 I believe.

-----

So mine.
Hope I win the boxers on the blog!

What I suspect will happen, is that SNK will publish it themselves on PSN. They don't need Atlus to publish it there. But they probably do for a physical release, since the publisher is the one that takes care of the manual and box and disc and such.

Indeed, the game has two ratings from the ESRB. one from Atlus, one with SNK (also for the 360, too).

Got this in the mail earlier today and I'm liking it so far. The controls are a bit weird to get used to since the PSP doesn't have a real analog stick.

It has a few display options like 4:3 and widescreen, which just stretches the image rather than being a true widescreen option. Then there's the clear option, which I'm guessing shows the game at its DS resolution and probably means they didn't put much work into the visuals for this version.

The Combat School mode is pretty cool, as it offers various challenges in the levels you've unlocked and seems tough with a limited amount of lives to beat them.

If anybody gets this and wants to do some co-op over AdhocParty, let me know.

Been playing it since launch in the US, and liking it a lot more than I did on the DS. Graphics are much better, sound is a bit better imo, it is definitely the superior version.

I'll probably throw down 99 cents and pick up Leona soon.

bread's done
Back