Halo Wars Limited Edition for $29.99

fuck-ing A! I just got this for $40 at BB clearance! I guess if this isn't free shipping I shouldn't feel too bad about it. Still a nice find OP! This is one LE I'm not going to open (i don't think..)

LE seems to be useless with ODST out now and all the maps out. Good price though if you like Halo and RTS games.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']This is suppose to be out of print. Good finding OP! Gotta love steelbook![/QUOTE]

Glad I bought mine for the maps when it came out.

[quote name='token2k6']I just got this for $40 at BB clearance![/QUOTE]

I paid $20 for this months ago at BB clearance. Highly YMMV though.

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']What about the whole maps are we talking about? Are they free now to download or something??[/QUOTE]
They come with the Mythic Map Packs for Halo 3 (when Halo Wars came out they hadn't yet been released)
They aren't free, but they come with Halo 3: ODST's second disk.

Groovy. I played this on Gamefly and really enjoyed it, was tempted to keep the used copy for 17.99, but for 12.00 more to keep it and get some free goodies with it? Hell, why not...

Thanks OP! Even after $2.02 of Tax it's cheaper than a used copy of the regular edition around here. :)

I've been waiting for this to drop to a decent price on Amazon and it hasn't. $30 from Dell is great! I'm embarrassed to say it, but I'm pretty excited to get the patch. I'm sure it'll be lame but whatever.

Thanks OP!

Was on the fence about spending this much right now but wanted to see if it was free shipping. And since I saw it was and only one more click to get it I had to jump on it.

Checked status of shipping and it says it's arriving today ... can't argue with that kind of service!

Thanx OP ...

Thanks OP! I ordered it!

...I'm glad I didn't cave and buy the standard edition for $28. I know this is going to be oversimplified for a RTS, but that's ok. I can't wait to play Ensemble's last game.

[quote name='sadikyo']Did anyone else notice that Amazon also lowered the price to 35.98?

Link[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the notice. I was wondering when/if Amazon will price match them. I'll grab it from Amazon now since I have to pay for tax and shipping from Dell.

[quote name='Over easy']Thanks for the notice. I was wondering when/if Amazon will price match them. I'll grab it from Amazon now since I have to pay for tax and shipping from Dell.[/QUOTE]

3 day UPS is free with Dell on this deal

I just made my account to say Thank You to the OP for posting up this offer. Been enjoying Halo Waypoint and Halo Legends and wanted to have this game in my halo collection. I've already rented and beaten it, but the LE comes with a book and that great steelbook case that makes it worth having.

[quote name='Over easy']Thanks for the notice. I was wondering when/if Amazon will price match them. I'll grab it from Amazon now since I have to pay for tax and shipping from Dell.[/QUOTE]

It comes with free shipping and I was only charged $1.72 in tax.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I just bought ODST for $31.20 on Costco sale, so there is no reason for me to get this.
Some people like Halo Wars, some don't.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Does ODST come with Halo Wars? I won ODST in a charity auction, haven't broken into it yet.

[quote name='Mike Toole']Huh? Does ODST come with Halo Wars? I won ODST in a charity auction, haven't broken into it yet.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. Halo Wars LE comes with a download code for the first 3 Halo 3 Mythic maps. ODST comes with a disc with all of the Halo 3 MP maps on it.(including all 6 Mythic maps)

Some people bought Halo Wars LEs just for the first 3 mythic maps.

I combined this with Halo 3: Legendary Edition ($39.99) to get the following deal:

Quantity Item Description

spacer.gif
1 Halo Wars LE X360
Dell Home Customers: Save $50 off this item! - $50.00
spacer.gif
1 Halo 3: Legendary Edition (Limited-time only)- Xbox 360
Dell Home Customers: Save $80 off this item! - $80.00 [FONT=arial, helvetica] [/FONT] Order Subtotal: $69.98 Shipping and Handling Total: $13.99
Shipping Discount: -$13.99
Tax Total: $4.20 Total Amount: $74.18

Thanks, OP. I had bought the regular copy back in early April for $42, but I really enjoyed the game and always wanted the extra stuff that came with the LE, so I just flipped my regular copy on Amazon ($17.25) to pay $13ish for this copy. Considering that I had the initial game a month after launch (and played through the game twice, taking it online several times), I'm fine paying $55 for the LE, all said and done. I should have it on Friday, so I can't wait to check out that steelbook, the leader cards, the graphic novel, and patch. I'll probably even use the dlc code for the Honor Guard Wraith, I just wish I could get a cheap code for the Warthog flames paint job.

[quote name='phoenix529']Damn good price for the LE. Anybody think keeping it sealed will ever lead to any profit? I heard the game isn't great.[/QUOTE]
Game is best/second best game on 360. :bouncy:

Not that it's saying much, but it's easily my favorite console RTS game ever...hands down...no doubt about it. I am massive fan of the genre, and I cannot begin to tell you how many console RTS games I have simply just given up on, because they simply don't translate well. So, rather than try to cram the complicated controls of a full-fledged RTS onto a game console controller, Ensemble broke the genre down into its simplest parts and mapped the game to the controller.

Thanks OP - free shipping (but there is TAX - just like there is tax for Amazon) - I had this in my temporary gamefly que (my free deal with gamefly ends early Feb and I'm canceling- monthly fee isn't worth it since I have a backlog of 100+ games.

bread's done
Back