Gamersgate Sale - King's Bounty $7.77 and more - 20% off code works too.

Really interested in King's Bounty but would prefer to have it on Steam.

from their FAQ

so I am not that worry... (tho I have no idea of the lasting power of gamersgate...) just like to keep it simple with most of my games in one place.

[quote name='whitereflection']The English on their website is horrendous. Is this a legitimate retailer?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. I bought Civ 4 complete and Titan Quest Gold from them with no problems.

[quote name='whitereflection']The English on their website is horrendous. Is this a legitimate retailer?[/QUOTE]

GGate was spun off from the developers Paradox (Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, etc.) which is a Swedish company.

Hmm... I've been looking for a King's Bounty deal, but was hoping for Armored Princess. I missed the one-day deal Steam had on that.

I wonder if I should jump on this at $8? I've got a big RPG backlog right now so I can certainly stand to wait another few months for another Steam deal.... Hmm.

[quote name='Esoteria']Hmm... I've been looking for a King's Bounty deal, but was hoping for Armored Princess. I missed the one-day deal Steam had on that.

I wonder if I should jump on this at $8? I've got a big RPG backlog right now so I can certainly stand to wait another few months for another Steam deal.... Hmm.[/QUOTE]

You can use the 20% off code along with it which makes it $6.216

Thanks for reminding me of that. But it's less about the few dollars difference and more that I'd still pay $10 for a Steam deal on this or AP for the sake of keeping one library. I've downloaded games from GOG and Direct2Drive and they were both good experiences, but with 30 games on Steam and one or two on other sites it starts to be a pain.

Mind you that kind of sucks from a business perspective. Even if other sites have slightly better deals than Steam they're still going to have a heck of a time competing. Time to get some stock in Valve.

Cripes. Another digital download service. Tempted to pull the trigger on Cryostatis. That's a good price even without the 20% coupon.

code on the front page is missing the S, just an FYI in case you are like me and didn't notice. In for Cryostasis on Drew's recommendation from Giantbomb

I would recommend checking out the Cryostasis demo first... I thought the game sounded cool too but it moves very slow and the combat is sluggish. You shoot slowly and the reloads for some of the guns make me cringe to make matters worse enemies shoot faster and it takes a few shots to kill most of them so its not your normal FPS by any degree.

Check out the demo it changed my view of the game 100%.

I would not buy it after playing the demo.

cryostasis takes some tweaking to get a good framerate, and even then some features have to be turned down at times. There is a boss battle later on that can bring a system to a crawl. I was able to play through it with a radeon 4850, e8200 and 4gb ram. It is more optimized for a nividia card.
I also found it ran worse after the 1.1 patch (since it seems to focus on physx)

but the 20% off code is a sweet find

edit: works on preorders, so mass effect 2 deluxe gets knocked down to $48 and regular is $40

I was randomly playing King's Bounty on an apple ii emulator today.

Would love to get this but the demo craps out my VM FUsion/XP install every time.

Bit on King's Bounty for $6ish. Been playing Armored Princess from the Steam deal and holy crap I am hooked. I've got much love for steam, and I'd love to stay 100% loyal, but damnit I am cheap.

Bought Cryostasis despite being down 1GB of RAM either due to a dead stick or a dying motherboard. Hopefully just the former.

Bought King's Bounty despite just purchasing Armored Princess. They nerfed Mages to hell in Armored Princess, plus I've had no luck on getting any scroll drops. I'd rather restart the original, with its more varied quests and smoother difficulty curve, than Armored.

So yeah, this totals to about 20+ games purchased in the last 30 days.

Weird. I can't get the code to work. Is the deal dead?

Nevermind, got it to work. Picked up Machinarium for Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the demo of Machinarium and really liked it and want to buy (for Mac - glad to see they have Mac games), but I can't get the code to work in the Redeem field. Is that where I'm suppose to enter it?

So does Gamersgate just give you one large excutable file?

Tempting to buy some Digital only expansions but I'd like to burn them to disc or such. But I don't know if this is like Steam, or if it's like GOG.com.

arg... looks like after digging, it's some kinda of internet activation in order to install it from the file you download.

Was trying to browse at work, but the site is barely compatible with ye olde IE6. :/
Will have to check more thoroughly at home.

My personal experience with GG has been mixed. B/c their servers are only in Europe, the downloads speeds can be really bad. I bought Red Faction Guerilla from them at a great discount, but I literally could not get it to download. It was at something like 40/kbps. And shutting down the download manager deleted all the downloaded files, so it had to start again from scratch. After a few days, I gave up and asked them for a refund, which they provided without complications. I have a relatively decent 7MB connection. I probably won't use them again until they open a US server.

If you look in their faqs, they even mention that US dl speeds may be slow (or at least they did when I was dealing with it).

They do have a really wide selection, including obscure and older games, and their prices are really good too. Hopefully they'll get the tech side together soon to sell to the US at acceptable speeds.

They added US servers recently so download speeds aren't that bad.

(Disclaimer: I have a slow 1.5 MB DSL connection, so I can't really judge for rates that are higher than that.)

*Re: DRM

Depends on the game. Some of them will need activation, others don't. Some of them are just the install executable you can backup and reinstall, others need GamersGate's tool (which comes with the download).

If GG-FACEBOOK-FANS isn't working, try running the site in IE7+. On Firefox with AdBlocker and NoScript, the code still wouldn't display despite GamersGate having full script permissions.

I'm getting about 900kb/s from GG downloading Cryostasis right now (in New York). I wouldn't worry about speeds.

Sigh, hearing people talk about King's Bounty is going to make me buy it... even though I have 4 (long) RPGs stacked up to play first. No, 5. Crap! And by the time I finish those 5, FFXIII will be out, which jumps the queue.

And to think, a month and a half ago I was complaining that there were no RPGs to play.

Wow, the coupon is crappy. Only applies to one item per cart...the LOWEST price item. I may pass on these guys for this kind of obnoxious crap.

[quote name='OmniscientlyMe']Wow, the coupon is crappy. Only applies to one item per cart...the LOWEST price item. I may pass on these guys for this kind of obnoxious crap.[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a bug with multiple items in the cart. It gives you a 2% discount on the total instead of 20%. If you buy each item individually, you should see the 20% discount.

Hmmmmm... I was waiting for a Steam Sale to purchase Penny Arcade 2... 20% off brings it to $12. Anyone seen it cheaper?

Not quite, but Impulse had a sale for OtRSPoD PAA episodes 1 & 2 bundle for $19.95 a while back...I'm pretty sure that's the closest it's been to being on sale.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Really interested in King's Bounty but would prefer to have it on Steam.

from their FAQ

so I am not that worry... (tho I have no idea of the lasting power of gamersgate...) just like to keep it simple with most of my games in one place.[/QUOTE]

Steam had this on sale last week for about ten bucks, as well as the newer one for $10 (normally $40). Both are absolutely STELLAR games, and I love them much more than Heroes of Might and Magic, thanks to more of an emphasis on RPG elements.

[quote name='lukeml']There seems to be a bug with multiple items in the cart. It gives you a 2% discount on the total instead of 20%. If you buy each item individually, you should see the 20% discount.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I checked the numbers. It just gives 20% off the lowest price item. But yeah, doing each individually works. Of course, if you're interested in 6+ games, that means you have to go through the checkout process that many times...

With that style of doing things, I'll pass. Between D2D, Steam and GOG, I'm good for now for like a year's worth of gaming.

Huge buyer beware -

Used their PayNova service to put in my debit card, got charged Sunday night, everything was fine, however GamersGate has now charged me a SECOND time for all the games I bought (and they were bought in two seperate orders).

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I will definitely not ever use this site again - never had this problem with any other DD service. Their customer support is beyond horrible, as well, as they have just cut and pasted generic responses from their FAQ when I tried to explain the situation. Not to mention I never even got to use the games, as their download speeds are horrible.

There is really no excuse why I was charged Sunday, and now have gotten recharged again today (and yes, Sunday's charges have already cleared, no problems there).

bread's done
Back