Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3/360) - $19.99 @ Amazon.com

Nice! I was at gamestop yesterday contemplating getting their gutted/used version of "new", when amazon finally priced matches with no tax, free shipping for prime, and an actual sealed/new copy.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Thank you, OP. Viva CAG! Viva Amazon! Down with Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Well said, on all accounts.

Thanks OP, now to find $5 of something I want for FSSS. Plus I kinda pissed off the guys in the GS Pinball thread with a anti-GS rant, so I'm staying out of there for awhile. ;)

I love Amazon. :D

If you like Clint Eastwood movies, I ended up getting Unforgiven on Bluray for $9, Pale Rider is only $5.74 so that would work too, I bought The Outlaw Josie Wales the other day for $5.47, also if you like Conan, the Complete Adventure (Barbarian and Destroyer on 1 DVD) or whatever it is called ran me about $10 that should help get you enough for FSSS.

I was also at Gamestop with $20 trade-ins. I wanted this game, but of course it was gutted. I went with pre-orders at GS. Then Amazon came to the rescue. I threw in Super Troopers Blu-ray for $10 for FSSS.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']^ can't you guys sign up for the free 3-month Amazon Prime trial?[/QUOTE]

I could, but I don't want to go through the hassle of canceling it, plus I don't order enough to make it worthwhile for me, and my stuff gets here fast enough with super saver. To each their own, I like the way I did it, got a great price on game that got so much praise this past week that I couldn't pass it up, considering I don't care for pinball much but with so many people gushing over it, I figured I'd give it a shot. Also I got a movie I want at a good price, so it's a win-win as far as I see it, and I don't have to worry about canceling prime to boot.

I got my copy off amazon, it makes more sense then using GS. I pay no tax and don't have to drive to store. Its win win.

If you click on new on the page for 360 and ps3, you can still purchase it from amazon for $19.99 but it says that it ships in 2 - 4 weeks. Good thing I ordered mine last night and it's already in the process of shipping

Damn! I ordered mine about a couple hours ago, and I did not expect them to change the price so quickly. I just checked my order, and it was indeed 19.99. Thank goodness.

Thankfully, it's still available for 19.99 if you can find it at a Game Stop. Sold out online, though.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']If you click on new on the page for 360 and ps3, you can still purchase it from amazon for $19.99 but it says that it ships in 2 - 4 weeks. Good thing I ordered mine last night and it's already in the process of shipping[/QUOTE]

This is correct--the OP is wrong in stating that the deal is dead.

[quote name='killer ladoo']anyone have any opinion on which version to go with, 360 or ps3?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the PS3 has occasional glitches, so 360 is the way to go if you have the option.

It's still alive. Look to the right or at other buying choices and you'll see Amazon still has it @ 19.99 but it ships within 2-4 weeks.

[quote name='mitch079']It's still alive. Look to the right or at other buying choices and you'll see Amazon still has it @ 19.99 but it ships within 2-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

That.

Takes 2-4 weeks to ship though.

Not sure. Can't help but feel like this is one of those games that will eventually get REALLY cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's still showing up for me as well. That $29.99 price is from Target.

I thought Amazon always used a strikethrough to denote the savings from a sale. Is that incorrect? That's why I assumed this was a price drop.

[quote name='killer ladoo']anyone have any opinion on which version to go with, 360 or ps3?[/QUOTE]

If you're an achievement/trophy whore, the 360 version has 1000 achievements. The PS3 version only has a handful of trophies and no platinum.:bomb:

the title and 1st post should be edited, because the deal's NOT dead! yes, the main page says $29.99, but if you click the "10 new from $19.78" link the first featured merchant is amazon selling it for $19.99 with free shipping...

edit: sorry, i just saw that someone else noticed the same thing a few posts above me...

PS3 version is down to $17.96 through Amazon (if you check out the "new and used" choices-- they still are saying 2-4 weeks to get it though). I knew they'd drop it off MSRP if given some time... Why did I have to be so impatient.. sigh. At least I've been playing it to death the last few days which is worth the $2 to have it now. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']PS3 version is down to $17.96 through Amazon (if you check out the "new and used" choices-- they still are saying 2-4 weeks to get it though). I knew they'd drop it off MSRP if given some time... Why did I have to be so impatient.. sigh. At least I've been playing it to death the last few days which is worth the $2 to have it now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Gonna have to ask for a credit since mine hasn't shipped out yet :)

[quote name='djduke316']If you're an achievement/trophy whore, the 360 version has 1000 achievements. The PS3 version only has a handful of trophies and no platinum.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just got mine, and am definitely kinda bummed about PS3's gimped Trophy list. What's odd is, there's 5 in-game goals per table, but the devs didn't bother to link any of them to Trophies.

Oh well, still an incredible Pinball collection. Medieval Madness and Arabian Nights were worth the $20 alone.

haha... if you want anymore info on this deal, its been covered to death here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247990

i wish they were more creative with the achievements. 25 for regular goals, and 50 for wizard goals on each table. boooring. there are a million things they could have added! a la 10 points for a death save, or a 'hole in one on the skill shot' on NGG, '5 spins on the genies lamp in one hit', etc. and I doubt we'll see DLC... great game... but i'd love to see more support.

[quote name='Diebythesword']How do I get some credit back? Just email them?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I emailed them and explained that I ordered the game on 1/13 and noticed that the price already dropped as of 1/15. I then asked would it be possible to receive a one-time credit for the difference since my item didn't ship yet.

I'm happy to report that Amazon has once again validated why I choose to shop them exclusively, barring a major deal elsewhere. They credited my account without any problems, noting that they know I have a choice in retailers and appreciated that I chose them. It might only be $2.03, but that's $2.03 I can put towards FFXIII.

bread's done
Back