- - - - -

The CONSOLIDATED Mass Effect 2: CE (Xbox 360) Availability Thread

#391 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

I got mine for $52 off of the EA store with a 25% birthday code. I recommend signing up for the EA newsletter since its not spammy and the yearly 25% off helps since they tend to have at least one worthwhile game a year.

When did you order this? I also have the 25% off birthday code, but every time I try to order, it gives me an unexplained error on EA's site.

#392 Raikoh   Level ???? CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

I'm tempted to get the CE from newegg but I see no mention whatsoever of any pre-order bonus, including the Terminus armor. Can anyone confirm if you do or do not get the armor if you pre-order from them?

#393 Akridsky   Flipping for dollars CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:10 AM

I'm tempted to get the CE from newegg but I see no mention whatsoever of any pre-order bonus, including the Terminus armor. Can anyone confirm if you do or do not get the armor if you pre-order from them?

Terminus armor is from Gamestop.

#394 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

I got a quick Q, walmart price for the game is $56, is this only online or in store too? I was going to order from them with store pickup but it said I would be able to pick it up around feb 5-7, dont get why so late?

Hmmm I'm guessing it would only be the online price. I think you can pay for the item online though, and then arrange for an in-store pickup. I'm not sure if they end up shipping the game to the store that you placed the order at, or if they would simply set aside a copy of the game for you out of the stores stock. My guess is they would ship a copy of the game there, therefore why it would take so long. But I have no clue I've never used that service from walmart before.

#395 Akridsky   Flipping for dollars CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

Hmmm I'm guessing it would only be the online price. I think you can pay for the item online though, and then arrange for an in-store pickup. I'm not sure if they end up shipping the game to the store that you placed the order at, or if they would simply set aside a copy of the game for you out of the stores stock. My guess is they would ship a copy of the game there, therefore why it would take so long. But I have no clue I've never used that service from walmart before.

You're correct. The ship-to-store requires the items to actually be shipped. It's totally separate from store activities.

#396 Raikoh   Level ???? CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

Terminus armor is from Gamestop.

My bad, I meant the inferno armor.

#397 ace1233   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

thnx PDJ and Cindaddy. I would have thought that they would just set aside a copy. But waiting for like a week, not really tempting.

#398 RichMeisterMan   Umbrella Executive CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

RichMeisterMan

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

That CE edition of the strategy guide is really tempting. I bet the poster is sweet.

Pshhh! Too bad it'll be folded up! I do agree on the collector's guide being tempting though! I got the collector's edition hardcover for Resident Evil 5 and that thing was really really nice! A matter fact I think I am going to go ahead and make the purchase right now!

#399 SolidMGSnake   Big CAG Boss CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SolidMGSnake

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

Yea I went ahead and purchased the CE guide- only cuz I had some gift credit and it came out to 10bux. It'd be great to read on the toilet. Not gonna read the whole thing till after I beat the game tho.

#400 SuperJedi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

SuperJedi

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:51 AM

Question about the Amazon quantity checker...

Mass Effect CE on Amazon sold out one time, then more quantity came in?

#401 PatouTheKing   Feel My Cagceps CAGiversary!   1494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

PatouTheKing

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone know what the CE armor will offer? Like it's stats and stuff, because the Cerberus card even though it says CE only is actually shipping with all new copies of the game. So 10 dollars more for some armor hardly seems worth it in my opinion.

#402 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7458 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone know what the CE armor will offer? Like it's stats and stuff, because the Cerberus card even though it says CE only is actually shipping with all new copies of the game. So 10 dollars more for some armor hardly seems worth it in my opinion.

From http://masseffect.bi.../arsenal/armor/

• Regenerate 10% faster
  • Increase storm speed by 10%
  • Increase health by 20%

#403 PatouTheKing   Feel My Cagceps CAGiversary!   1494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

PatouTheKing

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

From http://masseffect.bi.../arsenal/armor/

• Regenerate 10% faster
  • Increase storm speed by 10%
  • Increase health by 20%

Are those stats worth the money? If so I will go get the game from Best Buy, I currently have the standard edition pre-ordered from Gamestop using the deal code and a gift card so I am paying nothing out of pocket. I was planning on going to Best Buy anyway today to get the pre-order armor then cancel my order. I never played the first one so I have no clue what's good or not.

#404 battousai11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2865 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

battousai11

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

i preordered from target and paid about 60 total (after ship), when they were having their preorder promo

#405 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

anyone know if Target store would have CE for sale

#406 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Are those stats worth the money? If so I will go get the game from Best Buy, I currently have the standard edition pre-ordered from Gamestop using the deal code and a gift card so I am paying nothing out of pocket. I was planning on going to Best Buy anyway today to get the pre-order armor then cancel my order. I never played the first one so I have no clue what's good or not.

eh imo I don't see the point to caring about the stats for a game that's strictly single player. That's just me though. You already get some DLC armor with pre-ordering it (and from gamestop a gun too) so I'd just get the regular edition if that would be your only reason for picking up the CE. I on the other hand am getting the CE for everything else lol.

#407 felixlighter   Post Pruner CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

felixlighter

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Is this Collectors' edition not going to be available at brick and mortar retailers on launch day? This is the first special edition I've been interested in, in awhile. I'd like to just walk into Best Buy on Tuesday and pick one up without preordering. Is that not going to happen?

#408 gregnied   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

gregnied

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

anyone know if Target store would have CE for sale

They have it in their ad this week listed at 69.99 so I am sure they will have a few

#409 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

Is this Collectors' edition not going to be available at brick and mortar retailers on launch day? This is the first special edition I've been interested in, in awhile. I'd like to just walk into Best Buy on Tuesday and pick one up without preordering. Is that not going to happen?

I'm curious if Toys R' Us will have this collector's edition. The basic version is the only version that is shown on their site, where at least other sites show both. I have a $60 TRU gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket :)

#410 PatouTheKing   Feel My Cagceps CAGiversary!   1494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

PatouTheKing

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

eh imo I don't see the point to caring about the stats for a game that's strictly single player. That's just me though. You already get some DLC armor with pre-ordering it (and from gamestop a gun too) so I'd just get the regular edition if that would be your only reason for picking up the CE. I on the other hand am getting the CE for everything else lol.

Thanks, that would have been my only reasoning for getting the CE so I might as well just stick with the regular edition. If I wanted the CE armor the codes would probably be up on eBay shortly after the game releases anyhow.

#411 zerotl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

I don't think it's worth buying the CE if you only want the dlc armors, I mean they're not gonna be real game changers right?

#412 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

quick question to anyone!

a few posts back i stated the issue i had with not having enough in my account to cover the game, but that my boss was going to lend me the money.

well, he gave me the cash this morning, and when i went to the bank, lo-and-behold my bank's atm doesn't accept straight cash deposits....fuckin great!

so if Amazon decides to charge my card early tomorrow (before wachovia opens), im screwed.

BUT.....can i edit my order and put my payment method under my mom's debit card? I could give her the cash and the bill just gets put on her card.

my question is, will i have to cancel my whole order to add this payment method, or can i simply edit the preorder i already have? I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY COLLECTOR'S EDITION! :(

#413 Akridsky   Flipping for dollars CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

quick question to anyone!

a few posts back i stated the issue i had with not having enough in my account to cover the game, but that my boss was going to lend me the money.

well, he gave me the cash this morning, and when i went to the bank, lo-and-behold my bank's atm doesn't accept straight cash deposits....fuckin great!

so if Amazon decides to charge my card early tomorrow (before wachovia opens), im screwed.

BUT.....can i edit my order and put my payment method under my mom's debit card? I could give her the cash and the bill just gets put on her card.

my question is, will i have to cancel my whole order to add this payment method, or can i simply edit the preorder i already have? I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY COLLECTOR'S EDITION! :(

Yes. You can edit it and add a new payment method.

#414 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Yep, go to your account, your orders, and it'll have it on there and it'll say "need to cancel/edit your order?" or something, click that and change the payment method. BTW, isn't it great that amazon has more CE's in stock? Now I need to find Mass Effect somewhere before Tuesday, and not in the hideous Platinum Hits box, ugh.

#415 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15613 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

Platinum Hits version has all the DLC though, if that matters to you.

#416 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

Yep, go to your account, your orders, and it'll have it on there and it'll say "need to cancel/edit your order?" or something, click that and change the payment method. BTW, isn't it great that amazon has more CE's in stock? Now I need to find Mass Effect somewhere before Tuesday, and not in the hideous Platinum Hits box, ugh.

Am I missing something? Amazon does not have the CE in stock now do they?

#417 Akridsky   Flipping for dollars CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Am I missing something? Amazon does not have the CE in stock now do they?

No, they do not.

#418 leesiulung   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

leesiulung

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Did anyone get shipping notice from amazon.com yet for the CE?

I got release date delivery and no shipment yet, so I'm assuming it will be shipped Monday with next day delivery. I was hoping to get it early....

#419 poker360   Banned Banned   1917 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Did anyone get shipping notice from amazon.com yet for the CE?

I got release date delivery and no shipment yet, so I'm assuming it will be shipped Monday with next day delivery. I was hoping to get it early....

You will get it on release date, hence release date delivery. Ships out tomorrow

#420 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

You will get it on release date, hence release date delivery. Ships out tomorrow

Delivery and Ship mean completely different things. Shipping would mean to be put into the mail while Delivery would mean arriving at your doorstep.