Collector's Edition Mass Effect 2 prima guide 19.79

[quote name='Brother Daz']
After doing some reading it looks like the CE only has 16 extra pages. Thats kinda lame[/QUOTE]

What the heck? Only 16 pages extra and a whole 50% more in price? Certainly, that must be a misprint....

The original ME LE guide had a whole artbook included.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the regular edition. Thanks for the heads up OP, I wouldnt have seen the price on the RE if you didnt post this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']After doing some reading it looks like the CE only has 16 extra pages. Thats kinda lame[/QUOTE]It's also hardback.

[quote name='dealighted']I did like this game but I dont think I liked it enough to spend even 20 dollars on it[/QUOTE]

You "liked" Mass Effect 2?

Can I borrow your time machine? I want to go look up some lottery numbers....

[quote name='Zippon']You "liked" Mass Effect 2?

Can I borrow your time machine? I want to go look up some lottery numbers....[/QUOTE]
Isn't that usually something you might want to do before you use the time machine?

Also, inb4 CAGsbuygameguides.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Isn't that usually something you might want to do before you use the time machine?[/QUOTE]If you're going into the past; in this case it's the future. ^ ^

Im kind of surprised they still make these guides really, I havent bought one in probably 5+ years. I remember in the early 90s, calling the Lucasarts hotline for Monkey Island 2 (I was stuck :)) which I find amusing now, I have not done that either in about 15+ years.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Im kind of surprised they still make these guides really, I havent bought one in probably 5+ years. I remember in the early 90s, calling the Lucasarts hotline for Monkey Island 2 (I was stuck :)) which I find amusing now, I have not done that either in about 15+ years.[/QUOTE]

I buy them simply to reminisce or look up how they designed some aspect of the game. I never usually use them to actually beat a game and I do it's usually for some collectible.

Yeah but running back and forth between your pc and console can be a drag sometimes. When my laptop was still working I didnt need to buy guides.

if I order the guide, does it have release date shipping? if I order it early enough, do you think they will bundle it with the pre-ordered release date game shipment? that would be nice of them, surely they are this smart..

[quote name='shieryda']The guide for the first game sucked, so I hope that this one is an improvement.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the game is just to complicated for you to play...There are some nice Wii games you can try out :D i kidd i kidd

[quote name='Shimrra']Maybe the game is just to complicated for you to play...There are some nice Wii games you can try out :D i kidd i kidd[/QUOTE]

Oh, SNAP!:D I usually use a laptop for walkthroughs, but I like to look at the pretty pictures in the books!

By the way, I suck at Wii Tennis.

Bought the first guide and used it 3-4 times (websites were faster to look up). All the same, can't help but pull the trigger on this (love having guides for RPGs, even if I rarely use them).

My personal favorite site for guides: http://mycheats.1up.com/ and as mentioned before, GameFAQs is a close second (even IGN gets decent ones occasionally).

Almost every damn game has a LE guide release nowadays.

Isn't every guide limited anyway since it would be OOP and be field destroyed after a certain amount of time being on the shelf?

[quote name='eau']Isn't every guide limited anyway since it would be OOP and be field destroyed after a certain amount of time being on the shelf?[/QUOTE]

Could you imagine a world where things were marketed practically? I can't.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Im kind of surprised they still make these guides really, I havent bought one in probably 5+ years. I remember in the early 90s, calling the Lucasarts hotline for Monkey Island 2 (I was stuck :)) which I find amusing now, I have not done that either in about 15+ years.[/QUOTE]

They are sometimes useful depending on the type of game (i.e. like RPGs). I bought one for Oblivion - I found it helped to have a guide right there with me rather than having to go back and forth to the computer.

But otherwise, yeah, print guides are pretty much dead. GameFAQs in general will cover just about anything you need.

Edit: That being said, if people actually bothered to make guides as good as the old Nintendo Player's Guides, I might be inclined to buy more of them. Those guides were GREAT. They usually included a ton of extra artwork, storyline stuff, etc. The one for Final Fantasy III (VI) was praticularly fantastic. I still pull that out from time to time if I end up playing that game (i.e. like for the GBA port - though it doesn't help that they retranslated a lot of stuff :p)

The Fallout 3 guide was really helpful. I agree gamefaqs is my go to usually, but scrolling through pages of information on the iphone can be a pain if you don't have your laptop handy.

bread's done
Back